The Devil’s short-cut to ENLIGHTENMENT

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by genep, Dec 3, 2005.

1. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

that is insightful!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. genep Guest

I think I know what you mean.

Years ago I started to meditate. Then my sleep-dreams/hallucinations-meditations started to get more and more real until they were far more real than “life.”

Now I don't really care. But when I go around and interact with people day to day it is always exactly the same as in my dreams: it is like they are not really there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. genep Guest

words of non-duality:
    That which makes the mind think but which cannot be thought by the mind - that alone is God, not what people worship. The Upanishads

I have put my truth in your innermost mind, and I have written it in your heart. Psalm 46

It is proper to doubt. Do not be led by holy scriptures, or by mere logic or inference, or by appearances, or by the authority of religious teachers. But when you realize that something is unwholesome and bad for you, give it up. And when you realize something is wholesome and good for you, do it. Gautama Buddha

For the kingdom of God is within you. Jesus of Nazareth

Whoever knows himself knows God. Muhammad

The state of silence is a state of entire peace, in which the intellect ceases to occupy itself with the unreal. In this silence, the great soul who knows and is one with Brahman enjoys unmingled bliss forever. Shankara

Don't follow the advice of others; rather, learn to listen to the voice within yourself. Your body and mind will become one, and you will realize the unity of all things. Dogen

Many people imagine that there is "creature being" here and "divine being" in heaven. This is not true. You behold God in your life in the same perfection, and are blessed in exactly the same way, as in the afterlife.
    Meister Eckhart

Whenever a mind is simple and receives a divine wisdom, old things pass away, - means, teachers, texts, temples fall; it lives now, and absorbs past and future into the present hour. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the mind is happy, not only the body but the whole world will be happy.
    Ramana Maharshi

If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few.
    Shunryu Suzuki

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

You mean to say that I should throw things out the window just because they become great garbage? While throwing them out takes away their true meaning! Don't you see that everything has a principle which you break by throwing them away?

The doom that I perceive you talking about is the 'taking away of meaning' from your life, the greater meaning the greater laughter. It's the laughter of self-defeat.

So you should think less? More you should, more! How come they got there in the first place? Nothing is taken away and nothing is added.

If you give love to someone, does love vanish from yourself?
    If you give a thought to someone, does that thought vanish from yourself?

No.

If you share a thought to someone then it's meaning becomes greater.

When you throw these things that you call 'garbage' out of the window, then you give them less meaning (but they don't dissapear, mind you) - of course since you obviously think less of them.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes i agree....i fel genep's way ala 'nondualism' ala VEDANTA>>> is a kind of scpegoating thouhgts>

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

that's wonderful! thank you for passing it on to us.

10. genep Guest

they are no more "my" words than they are "your" words because they are just words, language -- the same words tell different stories to each one of us billions.. and the Supreme Comedy called language is that each time you/I/we read the same words they mean something different.
    so you might as well argue with yourself about what the words mean because in reality there is no other and that is also a part of the Supreme Comedy that we so seriously call language, and its life.