The deceiver and the angel

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by tablariddim, Nov 13, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

Ok, this is great. Do you guys hear yourselves at all? Do you actually hear the incessant slamming that you throw at me? How am I SUPPOSED to react to that? Like I said before, I'm not out here slamming anyone unless someone slams me first. You may think that's childish, but re-read your last posts before you throw any more stones. I never belittle people, and if I do I'm being sarcastic. This isn't about belittling anyone. It's impossible, because contrary to what you all want so desparately to think, I don't hold myself or my opinions in any higher regard than I do yours. I'm not the one out here calling people insane, and bugging about grammar, and slamming put-downs all over the place. If you will re-read, you will see that is YOU that is doing that to me. See? You call me crazy and conceited, I respond by saying f you. See how that works? BTW, what planet are you all from? Do you think that everyone who cusses is crazy? That's interesting. Is this what you would call ranting? Well, I call it talking, and you can picture me red-faced if you want to, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that I am. Think what you like. I'm not buying into what you are trying to label me as to satisfy you own egos, sorry. I swear, I go back and re-read my posts, and I don't see what you guys see. Oh, and Corp. you are soooooooo one to talk. Your all being rather hypocritical don't you think? Oh, that's right, you've turned this into a pissing contest, so you'll never admit to that, right? Making fun of my sig? I haven't done that to anyone. Wouldn't even think of it.

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I thought Tab's parody of your signature was hilarious!

By the way, your signature is just one of the many incongruities I see in your posts, which leaves you open to ridicule. You may want to change it or leave it off altogether if it bothers you so much to have that pointed out to you.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori Registered Senior Member

Ok, here's a riddle for you. How in the world would you guys be able to recognize a "true Christian"? Face it, you not only have absolutely no idea what that means (don't feel bad as many so-called Christians do not know either), but you think the faith is fiction, sooooooooo??????? I'm a real person, deal with it. I thought that's why you guys vehemently criticize Christians anyway, you know, for being so holier than thou? So make up you minds. You're talking out both sides of your mouth. I don't like so-called Christians that try to pretend that they're not human. I'm human get it? So if you call me crazy, and pick my ass apart like you definately without a doubt have done, then yes, I will certainly take offense. This isn't brain surgery you know????? You are criticizing me for being "above it all" and "holier than thou" or "superior" or whatever, and then turning around and criticizing me for being defensive and cussing. Make up your minds. That's the whole point I was trying to defend here. I'm not superior, I'm not special, never said I was, and never implied it, and so yes, it pisses me off when others assume that I think I am. Let's see if you get it this time.

------------------

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I think I have an answer to your riddle. I believe the way to tell a true Christian is by observing their "walk" - that is, do they "walk in the Spirit"? Allow me to quote from Galations 5:13-26:

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornications, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against these there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Is that the answer, Lori? Do I win the prize?

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

8. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Um, in case you weren't aware of it, using sarcasm is a method of belittling others. Please allow me to quote the definition of sarcasm from my Oxford American Dictionary:

1. an ironical remark or taunt. 2. the use of such taunts.

Lori, would you also like me to quote the definition of the word "taunt"?

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

9. Lori Registered Senior Member

I think that what I'd like for you to do is irrelevant here. How in the world would you know what walking in the spirit is? Face it, you have no idea whatsoever what it's like to walk in the spirit because you haven't. When you have, then maybe you could qualify to judge my behavior, or psychically "know" what expression I have on my face at any given moment, but oh that's right, not even Christians have the right to judge. Did you forget that? No, you didn't, you just like to throw Biblical verses around, that you don't even believe mean anything anyway, to suit your purpose at any given time. Did you ever notice how I never do that? Probably not, because you're too busy IMAGINING things about me.

------------------

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

You originally answered:

Guess what? That was the EXACT answer I was giving until I read that there was a POSSIBILITY that they might be guarding opposite doors. Without knowing about that possibility, you are absolutely right... that was the BEST answer and you had every right to post it, regardless of those who believe that, for some reason, it was "uncalled for."

As for the other stuff going on here, well, you know how I feel about it, so... bygones!

11. Lori Registered Senior Member

Tell me about it. I miss a little detail, and instead of just pointing out that I missed a detail, they have to hop on the Christian-bashing band wagon, and use my mistake as an excuse to ridicule me to death. It doesn't make sense. I was wondering too, how it is that someone can freak-out, and display a temper in writing? How can I have a tone in writing? Does freaking out relate to the use of certain punctuation or what? May I not use exclamation points or...????? And I'm sorry, but I still don't get the swearing thing at all. I mean, I watch TV, movies, real life, at work, all around me, and I swear it seems like you guys don't live on the same planet that I do. Everyone I know cusses, but you know, in casual conversation, or to be expressive to emphasize a point, but it doesn't mean they're freaking out. I just don't get it at all???? Just suffice it to say again that I'm not the person that you all are imagining in your little heads that I am, and I'm not mad or angry, and I'm not freaking out. You could very well imagine just about any tone you wanted to apply to my posts, just keep in mind that just because you imagine it, doesn't make it true. I have a friend who's known me since I was 12 years old. Do you know what her nickname is for me? Smooth Water. Because I'm such a placid person. She knows me better than anyone probably; we're like sisters. Hmmmm.....

------------------

12. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

What is your purpose in pointing out that you never do that? Is it to demonstrate your moral superiority? Well then, I humbly bow before your superiority, and hopefully that will be the conclusion of this thread.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

13. truestory Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

In reference to "having the last word"... You might want to keep in mind that God will ultimately have that...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Lori Registered Senior Member

Yea Searcher. Great idea. Start the whole damn thing over again by accusing me of implied superiority. Why do you insist upon having these delusional thoughts about me? May I reiterate that I am not superior. You may think that I am all you want, but again, that doesn't make it so. My point was that I'm a Christian, and I don't even come out here and spew memorized verses all over the place. You do, but you don't even believe they mean anything apparently. I just don't understand why you would quote something that you don't even believe in or even attempt to understand. If I'm not mistaken, you probably hate it when people are judgemental of you, and shake their finger, and start preaching the Word to you, like "you sinner, you". So why are you doing it to me? I don't do that to you or anyone else. Quit judging me is the point. Leave that up to organized religion. They are so good at it, ya know, that they've turned a gazillion people away from Jesus. Get it?

------------------

15. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Apparently the Word is like fingernails on a chalkboard to you, and for that I must apologize. I'll try not to quote Scripture to you again, now that I realize how it antagonizes you.

Truestory - if God would like the last word here, He's welcome to join in the fray. I'm on my way to a concert, so this is the last I will post in this thread, at least for tonight.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Regarding true Christians ... Show me a true Christian. Now, will that person know what they are in terms of this question?

And here's the problem: "Is the car black or grey?"

"It's whatever color the Lord made it."

Ask any either/or, and then throw in "Jesus" as the answer. It reminds me of a junior high school joke:

* How many surrealist painters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? (Answer: Fish)

Tiassa

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

17. PercyPea Registered Senior Member

Lori may not be superior, but i am

now go and sing with the sailors my monkees!
    http://www.par.org.uk

------------------
    Im a shambles, but Im Gods shambles!!

18. 666 Registered Senior Member

PercyPea,

A monkey? Did you find my monkey? I must spank him for being so naughty. He didn't spit at you did he?

Lori,

Until we see pictures in the buff we will not know for sure. You will be in my dreams.

j/k

19. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Hey, did you guys know that they even have rules for flame wars? Just thought I'd share them with you:

http://www.alsirat.com/flame.html

Lori - I'm really going to try to stop this now (which is very hard for me - I'm a born fighter

), as it is going absolutely nowhere. If you really want to continue it elsewhere, you can start a different thread and invite me to join you there. I'm sure I won't be able to resist - but I promise that I will not continue the flame war in this thread, so the last word here is yours for the taking. Flame away!

Welcome back, Percy Pea! Where've you been? I checked out your site, but the music didn't come through. I thought maybe I had gone deaf since last night's concert (which was great, by the way!), but I cranked up the speakers - and nothing! Anyway, it's good to see you back!

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

20. PercyPea Registered Senior Member

shambles music

try going to macromedia.com and downloading the flash4 player again, sometimes it mucks up and stops playin sound, thats what i reckon has happened

booooooooooooo

------------------
    Im a shambles, but Im Gods shambles!!

21. Lori Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

Ok then, my last word is this...the Word of God is definately not like fingernails on a chaulkboard to me. And I seem to be a born fighter as well, so there, looks like we have something in common.

Seems that my sense of humor is ALMOST as vulgar as yours. So maybe we have this in common. And be careful spankin' that monkey. I heard that you can get carpal tunnel syndrom from doing that too much. Now let's work on getting some Jesus in ya?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited November 20, 1999).]

22. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    I find it ironic that you are talking about egos. I also find it ironic that you use many arguements that apply to yourself, and seem not to notice.

I don't picture you as the red-faced, extremely offended person you seem to think I do. I picture you more as the stubborn, self-oriented person who enjoys showing off her religious "smarts".

Since you don't seem to realize where the superiority comment is coming from, I'll spell it out for you. You and I are both human. You have accepted certain beliefs as truth, with self-invented proof to back it up. Furthermore, you have the gall to say that I am wrong in what beliefs I have, tenous as they are. I'm not accusing you of a 'holier than thou' attitude. Go before that, to the very beginning of the belief system. I am accusing you of claiming ultimate ultimate superiority in selecting faith. Do you understand now, or will you continue to view this as slanderous personal attacks to comfort yourself and take the easy way out?

Lets pull some interesting quotes;
    Lori, 11/19, 11:00AM - "I don't hold myself or my opinions in any higher regard than I do yours."

Lori, 11/16, 3:31PM - "The faith is the truth, regardless of what you and others may be aware of or unaware of."

Complete contradiction. That comes damned close to out and out lying.

Why do you continue professing innocence in this whole debate? Originally, you responded to tab with an incorrect answer. I said, and I quote, "Sure. Have fun picking a door in that case." Apparently, you took exception to "Sure." Why is that, exactly? I thought "sure" was a term of agreement? Or, at the very least, non-commital acknowledgement. Yet you take exception to it...why? Are you suggesting I planted some sort of sarcastic tone in there to imply you were wrong? Quoting you, 11/19, 2:0PM - "How can I have a tone in writing?".
    Pick a side.

Also, at the top of that post, you say "I miss a little detail, and instead of just pointing out that I missed a detail, they have to hop on the Christian-bashing band wagon, and use my mistake as an excuse to ridicule me to death." I refer you again to "Sure." Now, I'm not german, but I don't see how one word can have that much meaning.

FyreStar

23. 666 Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I started my life off with Jesus, but he seemed to ignore me. Don't take the 666 for a user name the wrong way, I don't worship Satan. It is more symbolic than anything else.

What do you mean carpal tunnel syndrome? I was told I would go blind. I'm trying to get disability, they don't give it for carpal tunnel. Can I asume that I'm not going to get the picture then?

Searcher,

I come from the old days of the internet with a 300 baud modem and it was all text They had a newsgroup set aside specifically for flame wars. Maybe we need one here?

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited November 21, 1999).]