The deceiver and the angel

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by tablariddim, Nov 13, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

What do you mean, sure? That is the ONLY way to discern spirits. Says it right in the good ol' Bible. Ask the spirit, "is Jesus God come in the flesh?" If it is an angel of the Lord, He will say yes. If it is a fallen angel, he'll start spewing some new age mumbo jumbo about christ consciousness and how aliens created us and wrote the Bible, but they did such a lousy job of it that we all just misunderstood. Seriously, this is happening to many people right now, and some do not know the Word well enough to discern, and they are buying in hook, line, and sinker. So you can scoff all you want, but if some "being of light" floats into your bedroom some night, and tries to compare Jesus to Jim Jones, you'll know what to do.

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Lori,
    you still wouldn't know which is the door to heaven because the guards could be guarding the 'wrong ones' and you're only allowed one question.
    Unless ofcourse you relied on the power of prayer, in which case the door to heaven would automatically open for you. But now we're relying on faith to avoid thinking, as the problem has already been solved simply by applying logic.God helps those who help themselves!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    Like tab said, it doesn't solve your problem. And it would also require your particular theories on religion to be correct. (and please don't go off on a rant about how you are somehow inherently superior in picking from the menu of the supernatural, its been covered in other threads

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

FyreStar

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Tab already confirmed for us that the guards are not necessarily standing by their respective doors in his message posted 11/14 at 10:19 am, so only knowing which guard is a liar and which guard tells the truth is insufficient information for our purposes. There's really no argument here - you're just going off on a tangent, as usual.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

8. Lori Registered Senior Member

You people are real assholes. I just wanted to point that out. I mean do you all really have to be so fucking snotty about everything? Who the hell said I was inherently superior, and I suppose this is just another tangent huh? Well I'd say then that we could reduce every single post on this board down to a tangent, now couldn't we? You guys can take the assumptions you keep insisting on making regarding me and stick them up your collective ass. And no, before you ask, this message did not come from the Holy Spirit.

------------------

9. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    The point is, you posted a response that was necessarily irrelevant to the question posed. Your answer would not help you select which door was which. You merely used this as another excuse to assert that your religious views are correct.

You are entitled to your views. However, I am also entitled to my views. Since we are fundamentally the same type of being, your declaration of truth in the unprovable is saying that you are superior to the rest of us in selecting a faith. When we disagree, you simply say we are "confused by satan", or "not really trying". How convenient.

FyreStar

10. Lori Registered Senior Member

I am superior in no way. The faith is the truth, regardless of what you and others may be aware of or unaware of. And besides, I'm not out here bragging and trying to put others down. I didn't write the Bible, did I???? Do you know something I don't? This is a religious debate right? So let's just keep the stupid personal digs to yourself is all I'm saying. YOU are the one who perceives me as being superior apparently, not I, so don't make those stupid assumptions, and then judge me against them. I mean face it. Who are you guys kidding? You know as well as I do that a lot of people only have to hear the word Jesus, and it's like fingernails on a chaulkboard. Do you think that's not obvious? Why don't some of you try to keep your prejudice bias to yourselves, as a debate is always enhanced by open-mindedness.

Oh, and excuuuuuuuuuuse me, but I used this as an excuse???? A fucking excuse????? How about the thought that I was honestly offerring up the best solution I could think of at the time? Did that ever enter into your Christian-bashing little brain by chance? You know, just like EVERYONE else did who responded to the question? Get a grip. Christian phobia. What a concept.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited November 16, 1999).]

11. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    Thank you for vehemently validating my point. Let me paraphrase the first too lines of your response:

"I'm not superior, I'm just right, and you are wrong."

Need help with that shovel?

Funny you should call me prejudiced.. foolish me who looks for such infantile and irreverent concepts are evidence, and proof.

What else... Oh yeah, I (most emphatically) *DO NOT* know that a lot of people have to hear "the word of jesus", so kindly don't say that, else you will be a liar, and I believe that is a "sin" according to your self-aggrandizing belief system.

You most obviously needed an excuse, else you would have had to post your repetitious blather in a brand new topic.

Christian-bashing? Excuse me, I wasn't talking about christians, Lori, I was refering directly to YOU and no other. Before you spout off on another rant declaring me an enemy of christianity, I'll have you know that the other person in my room right now, is a devout christian, and one of my best and most respected friends.

BTW, you didn't actually respond to what I said, you simply swore at me, called me names, and reiterated your arrogance. Care to try again?

FyreStar

12. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Fyrestar,

Apparently Lori has a rather tenuous grasp on her sanity, not to mention a hair trigger on her temper. But that aside, I think what she was so ineffectively trying to sputter out was that the word of Jesus is like fingernails on a chalkboard to some people (although I'm certain she also believes that some people on this board need to hear the word of Jesus - fingernails on chalkboard or not).

Lori - get a grip. Everyone else who answered was at least making an attempt at staying within the bounds of the problem - not introducing irrelevancies like you did. So you didn't get the right answer - neither did I. Get over it already.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

13. Lori Registered Senior Member

That's my whole point. I didn't get the right answer just like you didn't, but I didn't hear anyone reducing you down to some insane, ranting, spoon fed religious freak who's just using this riddle to shove my faith down someone's throat, now did I? That's what I'm talking about, and you can deny it to the hilt, but it's true, and frankly I'm sick and tired of being ridiculed. All someone had to do was point out the conditions that I missed, and redirect. Nothing had to be said about my so-called twisted selfish blow-hard Christian agenda or my sanity. You started this, so if you don't like my reaction, then maybe you should think about being a little nicer?????? I'm sure that never occurred to you eh? No, that's not what you want. What you want to do is ridicule me in a very rude way for believing what I do and offerring up my opinions, and then when I get angry about being ridiculed, you are first to point your finger and go, "that's not very Christian-like". Well, fuck you. How's that for Christian-like?

------------------

14. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    The difference in answers is simply that you did not try to answer what tab was asking. You took the opportunity to spout off about your beliefs, which was rather uncalled for. Reread the other posts. Not one of them goes away from the question itself. Then comes yours. If you still don't see the problem, reread the question itself, which you obviously skimmed through the first time.

Congratulations, you know how to swear. Now that you've risen to the level of a third grader, try actually responding to posts. If you want people to be nicer, try being nice yourself.

Quote from you in your last post:
    "All someone had to do was point out the conditions that I missed, and redirect."
    Look at my first post to you in this thread. I simply pointed out that you had failed to answer the question properly, to which you went off on one of your trademarked propaganda rants. So much for your theory, eh?

FyreStar

P.S. I still haven't seen a revised answer from you.

15. Lori Registered Senior Member

I'm quite the sweety until someone starts accusing me of ranting, and being, how do you say, ah yes "inherently superior in picking from the menu of the supernatural". That was uncalled for and you know it. Then of course, let's not forget that I had to have my sanity questioned. That's always good to hear. So are you still going to pretend like you don't see my point?

PS-I really shouldn't have responded. My answer is true but irrelevant to the purpose of the riddle.

------------------

16. FyreStar Faithless since 1980 Registered Senior Member

Lori -
    Like I said before, when you claim to know the unknowable, you are simply stating your belief that you are superior than I in that regard. I said this before. The main reason was that despite what I said in my response, I knew that you would whip out "jesus is good speech #47" and lecture about something that really isn't even remotely relevant. It happened anyway. Oh well. As for your sanity, I'm not qualified to make a judgement. However, I notice that you didn't comment on the remark about your temper. Hmm.

You are right, you shouldn't have posted in this forum to begin with, which is what started this little fray.

FyreStar

P.S. You STILL haven't responded to most of the legitimate points I brought up. And you still haven't revised your answer.

17. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Lori- The thing is, you are ranting. You are just trying to show off your moral and spiritual superiority, even when you are apologizing. You belittle those with different beliefs, all the while preaching tolerance and love.

18. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Lori -

If I might jump into this mess...

The best way to defend your beliefs would be to argue them calmly - not freak out the way you tend to. Sorry, sweets, not trying to come down on you.

Your tone just is so...I dunno, I just end up picturing you hollering with a red face and your hair all messed up. These guys keep picking on you because you really do make yourself an easy target - you tend to focus on the personal stuff too much and stray away from the main focus of the post. Just let that crap drop and focus on the real question! Taking it personally just validates the comments, know what I mean? Just give them a "whatever" and state your views!

(darn! I hate typo's - just had to fix it)

[This message has been edited by SkyeBlue (edited November 17, 1999).]

19. Searcher Registered Senior Member

20. Lori Registered Senior Member

You guys TOTALLY have the wrong impression of me. I think that some of it may be my fault regarding the way I express myself. BTW, it's not red-faced and hollaring and messed up hair. It's a smile, and over-zealousness I guess. Some of it is your fault too, as you choose to interpret my intentions incorrectly regarding my so-called superiority. Nothing could be further from the truth, but you will never admit that because it's one of the rather lame excuses you guys use to deny the faith. I know that many so-called Christians are into placing themselves above others for a host of reasons, but that's the reason that I left the organized church and haven't been back. I'm not that person. I'm no better or worse or smarter or gifted or whatever than anyone else out here, and that's a fact. If you guys stop focusing on this bogus assumption, maybe you couldn't use it to reject the faith, which has absolutely nothing to do with some Christians holier than thou attitude. Actually, if you're familiar with the faith, it's pretty clear that we are all the same, and God loves us all the same. Listen, if I was some "Jesus loves you, and I'll pray for you, you poor misguided person" would you like me better, or hate me worse. I vote for the latter. I'm just not that way. This isn't about me or my mouth or my personality. Why do you keep trying to make it about that? I'm just simply trying to get a message across the best way I know how. You can believe it or not, but regardless, it needs to be said.

------------------

21. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Lori,

A smile on your face seems incongruous with the hateful tone of your posts. Perhaps it is a sign of the madness that lurks within? Or maybe the expression on your face would be better described as a smirk?

In any case, we would probably take you a bit more seriously if you didn't come across as an ill-tempered child who's throwing a tantrum because the rest of us don't want to play the game she wants to play. Reading your posts, it is very difficult to picture a 32-year old woman at the keyboard - more like an immature 13-year old, tops.

If it's respect you want, perhaps you should show more respect in your interactions with others. Communicate as the adult you claim to be, Lori, and you might be surprised at the results.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

22. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Lori,
    If you learnt to temper your faith with logic and rationale, you wouldn't have to write abusively defensive letters or excuses. You would simply say your piece and people would accept it, because they would understand it within the context of the subject matter.
    And when people point out to you that you have gone beyond the bounds of the subject or question with an irrelevant answer or statement, then that should be your cue to review the subject and think a little bit about your answer.
    I think that sometimes you forget that you are not only speaking to Christians, but to a whole host of different faiths and beliefs.And if you are trying to evangelise them by throwing in smug, simplistic and irrelevant Christian type rhetoric you are failing miserably. In fact you are probably doing more harm than good to the Christians mission. Please review your tactics and understand that humility is wisdom.

PS, you do not seem to demonstrate many of the virtues of love in your mails;
    are you sure you understand the meaning of love?

-MY DOG LOVES ME AND SO DO I-

[This message has been edited by tablariddim (edited November 19, 1999).]

23. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Tab,

You may have a valid point here - maybe Lori's true mission is to discredit Christianity by claiming to be a Christian while displaying decidedly un-Christlike behavior on these message boards for all the world to see. Good point! I'm sure that the true Christians (if there are any left here) must cringe every time they see a post from her.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com