The death of "Modern Physics". Prepair it's funeral!

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by martillo, Aug 11, 2005.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Every rejection of SRT I've seen shares this struggle.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. martillo Registered Senior Member

No problem with the simultaneity. In Relativity the same instant have different numerical time values measured in both referentials but related with the Lorentz Transform.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

Which means, of course, that they don't agree that there is such an "instant", and that there is therefore no contradiction.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. UnderWhelmed Registered Senior Member

martillo:

Firstly, you never stated if they were travelling away from each other or not. Secondly you never stated what reference frame were watching this little thought experiment of yours in.

Can you prove this? Calculations? Frames...etc?!

:bugeye:

Yes, you can study every phenomena of nature from any reference frame, BUT, depending on on your speed and your frame things will look different. Its not a Contradition, its just a result of travelling at different speeds, etc...if you don't understand this then I doubt that you'll get very far with relativity.

ummmm, no....your confusing frames again. You can't switch frames back and forth in order to prove your point.

I tried to read this and it went something like this.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye: Please try to explain by using proper english and grammer...

You haven't proven this. You have only shown that you don't understand some of the basic concepts of relativity.

Have a nice day

8. martillo Registered Senior Member

I have made a very well explanation for who has enough knowledge about Special Relativity issues.

Make your own or aren't you capable? It's too easy.

Ofcourse I can. I'm considering the contradictory results of both frames.

I do.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  9. Aer Registered Senior Member

Sorry if this appears off topic but I really have no interest in reading this monolith of absurdity.

Anyway, I was just wondering if the "death of modern physics" meant that future physicists would call their collection of theories describing the universe something other than "modern physics".

10. martillo Registered Senior Member

Of course such instant exist. It's the same "thing" just seen by different frames!

The contradiction also exist.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

May be both were accelerated for some time but now they are travelling at a constant velocity v between them.... If we choose the referential of one guy ass the first we will have that the other guy is getting YOUNGER while if we choose the other referential this guy is getting OLDER...

Now that they are travelling at the same velocity, their clocks will tick at the same rate.

One does not 'get younger,' btw. Both will age, however the twin that has accelerated away will age slower than the one that remained.

12. UnderWhelmed Registered Senior Member

This thread is almost as useless as watching JamesR and MacM fight back and forth

I'm out...

13. martillo Registered Senior Member

Q,

May be you just don't pay attention...

I assume they do have some velocity relative to each other. It doesn't matter the direction.
    Accordingly to Relativity if they have a relative velocity their time is different and one will get older and the other younger.
    The problem is that depending simply in which referential we choose ( of one of the space-ships or the other one) the results are opposite. Always "the other guy" gets younger!

It's too obvious. No calculations are needed to see it.

14. martillo Registered Senior Member

Bye Aer, Bye Underwhelmed, you have not been friendly, don't expect me to be.

15. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

What about me? i have not been friendly either

16. martillo Registered Senior Member

Dilbert,

Anyone answers accordingly on how he was asked. It's a natural reaction.

But sometimes we didn't have a nice day...

You called me "a fool". May be I'm wasting my time.

You decide.

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Sure, but it's not reflective of observations. The observations and the theory both support that one's "rate of time" is always the same locally, but the present here isn't the present over there if over there is in another inertial reference frame. So your "assumption" is simply wrong, as demonstrated by observation of muons, the clock in orbit experiment, etc.

You seem to assume yourself a genius of the utmost caliber, when you obviously don't even understand that which you criticize. Further, you deny correction when your mistakes are demonstrated and corrected.

*sigh*

You are another MacM.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

So do U feel alienated ?

Do U feel like U r living among Neanderthals ?

Do U think this is a Planet of arogant Apes ?

So what is the soultion of this human problem ?

19. martillo Registered Senior Member

Oooohhh!

I seem to assume I am a genius...

But you are one of those who really KNOW about all this ehhh?

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

So do think that is the reason for different people having different theories.

21. Anomalous Banned Banned

Absolute motion is not possible ?

Yet speed of light remains constant for all observers ?

Forget the observer and speed of light is faster than speed of light, we have to devise a method to confirm this ?

22. martillo Registered Senior Member

Anomalous,

There's no fast solution. I believe it's about individuals attitude in front of some assertions and the attitude depends strongly in what everyone has learned and the questions we ask ourselves.

Have you realized that all this messages posted haven't took the owners more than a minute to think about the subject and write the answers?

But I know that not all that read the thread do that. There are some who really THINK. That's why I'm still posting.

23. martillo Registered Senior Member

Anomalous,

Please take a look on my web page: "A New Light in Physics"
    You will have my answers to these questions and more!