The curious case of mis 7

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by sculptor, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sculptor Valued Senior Member

read more at:
    https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/2015RG000482

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by "overuse". To deny anthropogenic global heating in 2019 is pure idiocy, typically seen from those who have a vested interest of one kind or another. The scientific data is in. It is time to recognise that we've been heating our planet for a long time now, and we need to start thinking about how long we want to continue down that track, taking into account the costs in the short and longer term.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Which is exactly what the AGW researchers have been doing - including the valuable information from mis 7 in their investigations, of course, for decades now.
    The current Republican administration - like the recent past ones - has been trying to prevent them from doing that, publishing their findings, etc.
    Fortunately such overuse is almost nonexistent and has few "adherents", none of them powerful or even influential.

Unfortunately, "underuse" of the threat from AGW in guiding government policy is epidemic - deliberate, willful, motivated, actively engaged "underuse"; billionaire bought and paid for "underuse"; widespread and powerfully backed and dominatingly influential "underuse".
    No.
    This thread was "ergo" the need of Republican allied fossil fuel interests to deflect attention from the immediate threats of AGW to something safe and obscure and distant from taxes or regulations or government restrictions on fossil fuel corporations, water supply owners, trade and economic policy settings, and so forth.

That is what the actually existing bias looks like, and you are shilling for it here - as noted:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

James
    Is this thread not obvious enough ?
    I started this thread to have a discussion about climate science . mis 7 in particular.
    Along came a couple climate science deniers spouting their overused agw mantra in an attempt to avoid or disrupt a real discussion of climate science.
    There is no sane nor logical way to connect agw to mis 7 and, yet, here we have it. overused and inappropriate.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

It would seem James, that by moving this attempt at a discussion of the earth's climate to the cesspool, you have rather made my point for me.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The point has been made, but not the one you think.

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

as always
    Perspective matters.
    The more you focuses on one thing, the less likely you are to see other things.
    In my youth, that was commonly referred to as being narrow minded.
    This thread was intended to be about mis 7.
    I can appreciate that not everyone would be interested in discussing or reading about the climate of mis 7. Few cared about the thread: Mamontovaya Kurya and Byzovaya sites.
    Had those who were not interested not posted, the thread would have been left unattended and faded from view. Easy transition if no one else is interested.
    However, an attempt to discuss the earth's paleoclimates was not intended as a shibboleth for those whose interest in climate go no further than agw
    Again---eye of the beholder---perspective matters.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I didn't move it.

sculptor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.