The creepyest zombie movie ever

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Avatar, Sep 1, 2004.

1. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

28 days later was really creepy. i thought the most creepy part was when they were out with the horses. dont know why. and the resident evil game is a lot scarier than the movie. andparts of halo as well, when you're in 343 guilty spark fighting flood. :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

I agree with the above assessment. 28 Days Later shook me to the core, the first time a 'horror' has done so in more than 20 years.

Jaybee

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Set Abominae Registered Member

Dawn Of The Dead remake was pretty creepy.Very bleak.

Resident Evil was a crock of shit.Didn't mind it at first,but now...The fact that there was a sequel made is pretty disturbing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Dawn of the Dead was really funny. I'm not sure why, but I didn't find it nearly as hardcore as 28 days later. Perhaps it just lacked Romero's classic Bad Leader, like the army guys in 28 days later, or the... army guys in Day of the Dead.

8. Set Abominae Registered Member

28 Days Later was ok.A little hyped up,IMO.

9. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I’m not sure why everyone raves so much about 28 Days Later. It was shaping up to be a decent zombie movie, but it totally switched gears – or perhaps I should just say derailed itself – when suddenly, 2/3 of the way thought the movie, the Big Threat switched from the zombies to the human soldiers. I think it really lost its focus. It’s like the movie didn’t know what it wanted to be about.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I think that was the idea, or at least I got it so, that humans can be even more evil and dangerous than zombies.

11. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The most unsettling zombie movie is the Italian Zombi directed by Fulci in 1978 the story and effects stand up to this day . Excellant nudity as well

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

Best zombie movie I ever saw was Bush in the first debate............

Atta Boy

13. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"Resident Evil was a crock of shit.Didn't mind it at first,but now...The fact that there was a sequel made is pretty disturbing."

agreed. soem of the greatest computer games ever, but as movies... shithouse

has anyone seen Shaun of the Dead?? i missed it when it was at the movies and am now kicking myself for it

14. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

It did. It made the point that while we take comfort in the familiarity of those around us, the most dangerous enemy, ultimately, is the one who most closely resembles you.

Jaybee.

15. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Very. Like "Day of the dead", sequal to the 1st "Dawn" - you got a few normal people left in a world full of zombies, an their desolation + desperation just so well done.

Also love "Zombie Flesh eaters"

16. Addicted Archer Registered Member

i agree. the original dawn of the dead kicked sooo much ass. it's one of my all time favorites

17. Addicted Archer Registered Member

i have to say that a zombie movie that you should stay away from if you love zombie movies, is house of the dead. it was not only a bad zombie movie, but it was also a terrible movie in itself. the acting was horrible, the zombies were stupid looking, and the whole story was just retarded. i advise you not to watch it, it's a big waste of time.

18. Addicted Archer Registered Member

hahahahahahahaha, i love it!!!

19. Roman Banned Banned

They almost made 28 Days Later a zombie movie, with a huge horde of infected busting in to the compound in the finale. But it got cut.
    28 Days Later had incredible music, and such creepy zombies. The music was bleak and mute, while the zombies were savage and moved really freakishly.

Sean of the Dead was hilarious. Not creepy, but sooo good.

Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube is really good. Not quite a movie, but close enough. And instead of zombies, they have 'infected cultists.' No zombies, instead crazed Spanish peasants with chainsaws and scythes.

20. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

That couldve been too much like Day of the Dead. 1 thing 28 days LAter never cleared up - did the infection thing spread all over the world or did they manage to contain it in Britian?

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Imagination is a wonderful thing!

22. Roman Banned Banned

There were reports of infection in Paris and New York before the TVs went out. But remember, Jim saw a 747 or something big go overhead, signs that there was enough well for people to be in the skies.
    And that one amry guy was talking about families sitting down to watch the Simpsons.

23. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

you can imagine rich yuppies in London or Edinburg paying bigbucks for a quick flight out of the country before everything shut down, and airline crews turning away people who couldnt pay much. Itd serve them right if when they landed the infection was there already.

It was the same with "The Stand" - we never knew what happened to the rest of the world during that super flu, just America where it started from.

[I know what Vslayer would say to that, about us not knowing the rest of the world even exists..]