The creepyest zombie movie ever

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Avatar, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Since we have one zombie thread in Free Thoughts I decided to go with the flow and let Sciforums be overtaken by zombie menace. //grins

Anyways, I think that the creepyest zombie film I've ever seen is Stephen King's Pet Semetary
    That zombie child in the film totally freaked me out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I say 'the serpent and the rainbow'.

I havent seen it in probably 15 years. I was a kid when I saw it and several things freaked me out. I was down in new orleans last weekend and the voodoo shops brought back these old memories....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The original Dawn of the Dead. Why is it creepy you ask? Because I dread to think what the "stars" of that movie had to do to get that pile of trash released.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

28 Days Later, because they could run, and the UK has no guns.
    Day of the Dead was good, but not terriblly scary. The people were so bad in it though. I mean, they were downright meanies.
    The remake of Night of the Living Dead with Jamie Lee Curtis was suffiently creepy.

But it was the living humans that added the creep element rather than the zombies.

8. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

9. i_like_swords Banned Banned

biozombie isnt scary, its just a messed up movie that some crazy mofo made. have any of you guys seen previews for the new Resident Evil movie coming out?
    P.S. rGemini sucks.....

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Resident Evil the first movie didn't scare me a bit. I get bored by the flesh-horror movies. You can slash it to bits with a herring if you like (it would at least make me smile)
    Why I found Pet Semetary so terrifying was the psychological factor. It just clicked fear understanding what is seen, not seeing what is seen.
    Pure visual gore doesn't click any more fear to me, it needs to be psichological. Maybe because I watched all those horror movies with local police guys as a kid.

11. i_like_swords Banned Banned

Then you would like M. Knight Shamalyan movies.
    They havent been that scary but he knows how to make you think that the monster is behind you......waiting........
    Hes made the movies signs, the village, and many other suspense movies that i like

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

hey, thanx for the advice!

13. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

!!!biozombie is so funny looking LOL!!! >< why do i suck or is this just continueing the vendetta

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The Serpent and the Rainbow definitely gets a vote for best, creepiest, and otherwise.

In the meantime, some bombs:

The Children - I was 9 or so when I saw this on cable. I don't think I've ever seen the entire thing.
    Night of the Creeps - A great attack scene in a bathroom.
    The Stuff - Death by yogurt!

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The Children!! God that movie was great. I was about the same age. It's the one where their fingernails turned black right? The bus rolled through some kinda toxic waste cloud and the kids turned into energy vampires of some kind?

I was enamored of that movie. I wanted to be "the children".

16. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Technically speaking, wouldn't "Frankenstein" be a zombie movie? I haven't seen a zombie movie that creeped me out, but "Return of the Living Dead" is my favorite.

I'm glad someone mentioned "The Children", because while I could remember the movie, I couldn't think of the name! Yeah, the black fingernails, the bus, etc. How did it end? I don't recall.

17. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... frankenstein could sort of be a zombie... but he lives....

18. eincloud Banned Banned

Well not really because, yes, he does live

19. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

But he's the reanimated dead... Oh, wait. I just remembered an old scene where Dr. Frankenstein puts a stethoscope to the monster's chest and hears a heartbeat. Okay, Zombie Qualifier Number One: No heartbeat.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

How do the Evil Dead films rank? Are they really, truly "creepy"?

21. Roman Banned Banned

No, Evil Dead are campy. And awesome.
    So awesome.

22. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

I first watched Pet Semetary when I was about 8 years old. It scared me so shitless, I would run and dive to my bed, because I was scared that something would grab my feet from underneath.
    When I watched Alien Autopsy(on Discovery?) I was too scared to go to the bathroom. I was in a room full of mirrors, and I was so scared of catching a glimpse of something in a mirror, I kept my eyes shut. This was two years ago...

23. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

Ok
    1. Evil dead movies are good but the 3rd one was more funny than scary.
    2. Anyone see Bubba Ho-Tepp? That movies is funny and has some scary parts with the bug (I wont give too much away) however, I did find the movie kind of sad. Anyway, rent it, it is worth watching once.