The conflict between science and religion

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by paddoboy, Mar 23, 2016.

1. river

Ok because theories such as the plasma Universe is ignored. Einstein himself ignored Hans Aflven theories because they were too complicated.

And ; Ok does not make any theory absolute .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Anyway

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

No ; science breaks the whole down into tidbits ; yet it is the whole that matters.

Ok because theories such as the plasma Universe is ignored. Einstein himself ignored Hannes Alfven theories because they were too complicated.

And ; Ok does not make any theory absolute .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wrong! Hans Alfen theory and your Plasma/Electric were ignored for simple enough reasons that they fail to match observational and experimental data that the BB model aptly explained.
    Now river we are off topic: So start your thread on your Plasma/Electric universe and see how we go.
    And no one has ever said theories are absolute. Scientific theories are always open for proper supported modification: They do though grow in certainty over time and continued success. Evolution is an exception...that can be said to be 100% certain: SR/GR are near certain, particularly with recent confirmations of BH's and gravitational waves.

Of course the mainstream is open if you have any evidence to invalidate the incumbent model, or evidence supporting some alternative: The door is always open.

8. river

Wrong ; Einstein ignored the theory because Hannes theory was too complicated. Little known fact .

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Little known fact, only known by river?
    I call bullshit, but even if it were true, its most certainly been invalidated many times since, and I have supplied references to that fact in other rants by you.
    But we are off topic...So start another thread and see what support you get.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. river

Anyway

11. river

Paddy is religious ; he just doesn't know it

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Do you really believe anyone is taking any notice of you river?
    I mean your comments in this and other threads reflect such immaturity, that I'm feeling sorry for you.

13. river

You are religious pad.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And you are obviously trolling river.

15. river

You are religious pad

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Are you drinking? or on drugs?

Sad.
    We'll finish our little debates now river, on both threads, as obviously you have some serious issues to deal with.
    You are just making a total ass of yourself.

17. river

pad ; you see the full magnetic spectrum ; now what ? ; hard to fathom pad.

You are religious ; to the theory ; pad

18. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

From Jeeves Post #2
    To avoid offending or to avoid an argument, I might not argue against mystical beliefs. For example
    Other than contexts similar to the above & in an Arab country, I cannot think of a context in which mystical thinking is appropriate.

As for mystical thinking and working in a scientific discipline, I am reminded of the novel 1984 & its concept of DoubleThink.