The case of Charles Ssenyonga, AIDS and the law.

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Undecided, Apr 27, 2004.

1. robtex Registered Senior Member

Aside from the legal aruguements it could not be argued that Charles is a menace to society. His continued interaction with society will cause more death. Period. Irregardless of what his motives justifications, rationalizatins or his reasoning is his continued existance in society will result in him killing more of his neigbors. Legally, I do not know either what he has committed or what the sanctions are for it, but ethically, permenant seperation from the rest of society is in the overall good to society. Non-seperation, and the decsions are mutually exclusive would be in the overall good of charles to the detrement of society. It comes down to who is more important. Charles or the entire community of people he choose to have sex with.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. weebee Registered Senior Member

I guess you've read this one (on the UK case)
    http://webjcli.ncl.ac.uk/1996/issue1/ormerod1.html

SARS provides an interesting point of view on this. Toronto considered enforcing quarantine on suspected cases who weren't voluntarily quarantining themselves, and I think if you carry an infection disease in the US and are not taking medicine you can be put into secured quarantine.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.