The 'caring', 'sharing' war

Discussion in 'World Events' started by tablariddim, Oct 15, 2001.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

BRAD RULES

It is getting more and more obvious from your posts that you are no more than a racist bigot, but never mind, perhaps you might learn something to the benefit of your character here.

I'd like you to ponder something you probably haven't even heard about. For a number of years now, parts of Indonesia have been regurlarly turned into blood baths by warring factions of 'Christians' and 'Moslims'. The method of slaugher between these people who actually live side by side, is unspeakably horrendous and bloodcurdling. The people themselves don't even know WHY they are fighting, it's become a sort of tit for tat thing with no end in sight.
    A friend of mine who spent 3 months travelling around with a bunch of Moslim fighters and witnessed atrocities by both sides first hand was recently speaking with an Indonesian official at their embassy in ****** and he told my friend in confidence that Jakarta (the capital) was providing BOTH factions with money and arms. This government is actually promoting the civil war in its own country! Weird no? But somebody must have something to gain out of all this eventually.
    Now, do you know who Indonesias greatest benefactor is? I'll give you 3 guesses, one is a U.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Now I'm curious: Divide and conquer? Economy? No hints. Just come out and say what you believe.

More links for those interested:

http://www.flinet.com/~politics/jihad/jihad.htm

http://www.channel4000.com/news/stories/news-980820-153134.html

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/binladen000127.html

http://www.ict.org.il/articles/bin-ladin.htm

In contrast to Osama and the world which he wishes to create, I see the security of ours and the freedom of exchange which we now share here. This guy is not the catalyst of liberation, but of war and starvation and repression. The zealot and his cohorts hold us responsible for the state of their world; but, in truth, it is they who bring to ruin everything which they touch. It would be a greater sin to leave the devil loose and not involve ourselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>"However, the Saudi regime imposed on the people a life that does not appeal to the <b>free believer</b>. They wanted the people to eat and drink and celebrate the praise of God, but if the people wanted to encourage what is right and forbid what is wrong, they can't. Rather, the regime dismisses them from their jobs and in the event they continued to do so, they are detained in prisons. I have rejected to live this submissive life, by God's favor, Praise and Gratitude be to Him, that is not befitting of man let alone a believer. So, I waited for the chance until, God, Praise and Glory be to Him, has made it possible for me to leave the country of the Two Holy Places. I hope God, Praise and Glory be to Him, would confer upon me His favor to return one day when God's law rules in that country."

--Osama</i>

Are we to believe he is fighting for <i>freedom of religious belief</i>?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Fair enough, Brad

Fair enough; if that's how you perceive things, Brad, I'm fine with that. In the future, however, please make an effort to make your "proof" reflect the assertion. If you find it discourteous to have this pointed out to you, then that's your own damn problem. If you consider your unsupported assertion that bin Laden has claimed responsibility (admitted was your word) for the 9/11 bombings to be informed (your word), that, too, is your own problem.

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

<i>"But somebody must have something to gain out of all this eventually. Now, do you know who Indonesias greatest benefactor is? I'll give you 3 guesses, one is a U."</i>

Now I'm curious: Divide and conquer? Economy? Who gains what? U.S. aid dollars? I can see that. I think that is an interesting thought. Please elaborate.

9. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

Can't we be nice to each other? Your words are like daggers in my heart. I can't stand fighting with you. If only I could reach you.....

You win, your point is conceded. I read the entire transcript and it could be inferred (though not directly stated) from the text that Osama was behind the bombing. His threat of continued violence was more overt.

I did provide a link which explained that Osama is probably pulling the strings of the Taliban. Given that the Taliban and Osama appear to be one and the same, what justification do you have that we should give them any information? If I assist someone in robbing a bank, is the state obligated to prove to me that I did it? I KNOW I did it.... I don't need proof of it. It is for this reason that your contention that we should turn over sensitive intelligence to Bin Laden's henchmen (the Taliban) is wrong. Giving this kind of intelligence to the Taliban is teasonous. It puts Americans at risk. Shame on you for advocating it.

10. machaon Registered Senior Member

Brad rules

I do not think that terrorist attacks on civilians are to be welcomed by inaction by those whose mandate is to protect them from foriegn threats. I am just a little disturbed by the actions which can be justified by the indiscrinimate definition of "terrorism". Also, just because retaliation may be justified does not neccessarily mean it is wise.

The fact that you consider those who execute these deeds, evil or not, as animals, leads me to believe that you have not made a diligent effort to understand the reasoning behind their actions. To operate on the assumption that those who commit horrible acts are not humans that possess intelligence and the power to reason, is not only dangerous, it is counterproductive to understanding how we may prevent succumbing to the same desire to enact violence.

And here is something that I believe addresses the original issue of this thread.

The US Military Machine has spent a lot of its spintime on the generous drops that the Galaxies have been making over the deserts of Afghanistan.
    What's inside? Lets take a look. A transister radio with one available station: ours. Some MREs with large emblazoned Stars and Stripes!

They were droped in huge palates into the middle of the desert in a country supersaturated by bouncing betties and personnel land mines.

So, here come these huge palates down from the sky. These people know what a Trojan Horse is. Its not an easy sell. I know that if a palate crashed down on my Camel in the middle of the night, I might be a little apprehensive.

So, in my opinion, this was obviously a ploy. Sugar down with the bitter pill. Like the abusive lover who keeps on telling his wife that he beats her because he loves her.

11. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Eat lead and die you taliban trash.....

12. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

Brad...

You do confirm the view that you are sexually aroused by the military and death. Slightly worrying, but there are similar people out there. I'm sure you'd be happy surrounded by tough men, gun oil and a howitzer!

Hey, each to their own. Whatever floats your boat.

But as for your arguments - riddled with inconsistency I'm afraid. Let's take a look:

So, the US can't really do anything until they strike. And you talk of a US terrorist. Let's remeber as you point out - "terrorists are terrorists". Yet...

So presumably the US must respond to a terrorist attack by killing those responsible and crippling the government. Well, er, shouldn't the midwest have been flattened for McVeigh's crime? Or do we not count the country he's from in this case?

I think you've been watching too many Bond films. He wants the Saudi government to fall, US troops out of the region and ISrael destroyed. Maybe extremist, but hardly world domination.

I never said anyone should negotiate with Bin Laden or not try to get him and try him. Just don't see the need to kill lots of innocent Afghans to achieve it - in fact, it is counter-productive to the aim of defeating terrorism. But hey, it turns you on so that's okay. You wanna lose, go right ahead, just a shame that some of us face more danger because of US stupidity.

I'll let you get back to that 'sexy' gunship. Erm, enjoy....

13. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Captain,

Come on, are you really trying to infer that the United States government aided and abetted Timothy McViegh in much the same manner that the Taliban aided and abetted Bin Laden? That claim is utterly preposterous and unworthy of response. The United States government had Tim killed when they found out he was responsible... they are going to do the same with the scum that perpertrated 9/11....

If your bleeding heart can't stand the sight of good old fashioned American justice, perhaps you should look away.

It is somewhat sad when a person finds themself unable to distinguish between a country "aiding and abetting" terrorists and a country having terrorists in it's borders unknowingly. There is a massaive, catastrophic difference between the two situations.

14. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Bowser

I'm trying to find out more, will post some thoughts when I get my information.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

True enough

I agree entirely. Now, what are we going to do about the School of the Americas? And why do we strike deals with ugly regimes and give them money and equipment to give terrorists to use against us?

We do aid and abet terrorists with taxpayer money; some of our political allies support terrorists with their own funds as well.
    Good ol' fashioned American justice, eh? Kill everything in the name of peace? People "looked away" while we pressed the indigenous tribes. People "looked away" while we funded death squads until they couldn't help but notice. Judging by the tone of your posts, Brad Rules, I'd say this isn't about Justice, but about your own bloodlust and hatred.

* http://www.sciforums.com/f37/s3cf67...4d6/showthread.php?threadid=4170&pagenumber=1

That invective would have been nice to consider a piece of performance art, a sarcstic representation of the stereotypical war-hawk; but you seem to believe these things are true. Extending from the terrorists, you called for the extermination of all Islam:
    This is an understandable sentiment when one is angry, and also a demonstration of why one shouldn't speak when angry. It's also a little ignorant in its generalizations: these are not the first American civilians killed by Muslim extremists; Lebanese terrorists have kidnapped and killed Americans before, as well. Be a little more specific when you're screaming for genocide.

It looks more like typical Western pettiness when you challenge the extremists on such a broad level: Lets take the gloves off and see how powerful their Allah really is. I figure we can wipe them out in the space of a year or so. We have Christians working against liberty in the United States and, yes, extremists have killed American citizens. (Yes, there's a slight difference between a doctor here and there and thousands dead, but that's why you shouldn't generalize hateful invective; you should be very precise about who you want murdered.) Should we, then, take on the Christian God and find out how powerful he really is? Go after the churches that breed fundamentalist intolerance and create the danger? And then take on any Christians who object? Hey, we've got the technology ....

I figure I'm missing a post somewhere, since I don't see this specific claim. I'm reviewing Captain Canada's posts, but so far I'm not seeing it. Which utterly preposterous claim, I'm wondering, are you responding to, despite its unworthiness?

The reasons why the WTC was bombed deserve at least as much respect as who to kill in revenge and how best to do it.

I understand, though, that it's difficult to look at this issue when you want to join the president in pretending we're utterly blameless. But the violence we sponsor and create in Islamic nations has begotten violence against our nation and communities, and that has begotten violence against Afghanistan.
    I thought it prudent to point out that this claim takes on interesting light in consideration of the USA Today article claiming the opposite, that the Taliban approves of al Qaeda's actions: http://usatoday.com/news/attack/2001/10/18/taliban-approval.htm

This seems to demonstrate that we really don't know what's going on, since the information available seems to indicate disparate situations. Perhaps this is an indicator that Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) had a valuable point when he asked if our executive had thought this action through; perhaps, indeed, he was correct to question the swiftness of this action. We refuse to show the Taliban our evidence of bin Laden's guilt, and now we see mixed messages concerning the necessary connection 'twixt bin Laden and the Taliban. This fits with the American way: shoot first and figure it out only if we absolutely have to.

And that is the problem with such fiery ejaculations as yours, Brad Rules: the implementation of such aggression and hatred does nothing except make you feel better. It accomplishes no demonstrable good.

thanx,
    Tiassa

16. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

What is this nonsense? Where do you get off making scurrilous accusations against the government of our great and benevolent nation?

And now those tribes enjoy a standard of living that surpasses any that has ever existed in the history of mankind. Starvation, constant tribal warfare and appalling living conditions are things of the past for the tribes. They are now part of the greatest civilization on earth, a civilization that billions of people around the world would give anything to be a part of.

Of course I did. It is a religion and a culture that is middle ages at best. I have never equivocated on that point. Some cultures must die for the greater good of civilization. Islam has been tried and found wanting. It is time for a good old fashioned crusade, this time we can win.

Well duh!!!!!! Of course we should. Not only should be abortion bombers get the death penalty, the organizations that backed them should be dismantled. Bunch of psychopathic freaks in my opinion.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1019/p11s3-coop.html

We are utterly blameless. The only Americans I blame are apologists and hand wringers like you. Step aside and let our military lay the smacketh down on their camel humping asses. Given that these animals consider women like you less valuable than their livestock, I am perplexed why you would object to our righteous retribution. They have it coming sister... in spades.

Um Tiassa.... that proves my point NOT YOURS. This is the smoking gun. From this it is obvious that the Taliban had to approve the attack on WTC for it to happen. This proves that they are accessories to the murder and are therefor deserving of nothing but death and destruction.

God, I wish I could be in one of those gunships delivering annihilation to the Taliban. Happy hunting to our heroes who are freeing the Afghanis from the Islamic heretics. Take no prisioners my friends..... take no prisoners.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2001
  17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You're making this a little easy, Brad Rules

Scurrilous? The US gov't, through the school of the Americas, has trained soldiers from various backwaters, including Indonesia, Central America, the Carribean, and other nations. Frequently, we're training death squads, such as we saw operating in Central America in the 1980's. Reagan sold weapons to Iran, essentially negotiating with terrorists. Perhaps you missed the congressional hearings into the matter. It was called Iran-Contra, in case you don't remember. Your patriotism has blinded you, it seems. Of course, Emma Goldman noted this in her famous essay on patriotism:
    * http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Goldman/Writings/Anarchism/patriotism.html

It isn't so much that I think Goldman's right, Brad, but the irony that your sentiments pretty well demonstrate exactly what this Anarchist was referring to some eighty-four years ago.
    And, apparently, quite a few don't want anything to do with. However, what you overlook in this is that you're justifying the means by a personalized assessment of the ends. If you want to speak of appalling living conditions, imagine being chased across three states and into Canada because the great and benevolent Americans told you to move out of your home and onto a reservation? What happened on this continent was a tragedy; Americans attempted and failed to complete a genocide, and it still goes on today. In Washington state there is presently a lawsuit filed against a tribe to dissolve its reservation; apparently, the right of Americans to take what they want for real-estate profit supersedes the treaties signed by the federal government which were forced upon the tribes, essentially, at gunpoint. Real great and benevolent. It is your patriotism that compels you to see only the benevolence in this, I think. The conceit, arrogance, and egotism to which Goldman refers are, in part, motivating factors of how we reached this nexus in the living history. That conceit, arrogance, and egotism is exactly what incites George W Bush to lament that he does not understand why people are so angry with the United States: he cannot conceive that anything we do in the world isn't benevolent.
    You tell me: do you wonder, as our president does, why parts of the international community are so furious with the US? So should we sack England and Germany along the way (Christians sacked Constantinople over doctrinal differences) or sell our children into slavery (this, too, happened)? When the fight is over should we butcher all the refugees? When Dubya said, "Crusade", the entire Islamic world took notice. Falwell's bogus retraction got more press space than George's allegedly genuine regret. When you're the president, is it somehow unwise to think before you speak?
    Well, at least you're consistent. How would you recommend we start the Chrsitian genocide? Should we just round 'em up, line 'em up, and shoot 'em down? Or should we launch a rocket-strike against churches on a Sunday morning? At this point, we might consider exploring your broader position: Who shouldn't be purged from the human endeavor? That is, who should not be subject to genocide, in your opinion?
    Again I must ask why the issues of how conservative Islam treats women is so important now when we consider that it wasn't important on September 10?

However, of being blameless, I suggest you go out and learn a little history before you expound on it. Blameless? We propped up petty dictatorships in Central America, the Carribean, the Middle East, and the Orient. We train, fund, and equip terrorists and death squads. American politics views the world strangely: how can we be blameless when we fund the people who are attacking us? Consider how much we hear about the Northern Alliance; some, but not much of that pertains to how brutal they are, and the notion that Afghanistan will be no better off under Alliance rule gets little play. Will the human rights abuses of any new Afghani regime be put back into the shadows, as unimportant until someone blows up the Hancock tower or Miss Liberty? We, the People, of the United States of America, have consistently authorized our government to operate on the might-is-right basis; well ... someone popped us in the jaw, and hard. And so the idiocies begin again: righteousness, patriotism, and a stubborn refusal to consider how it got this far. It seems that most Americans think that tensions between Muslims and Americans started out of the blue when this bin Laden character rose up from nowhere and started kicking the US in the shins. Unfortunately, this is not true.

We are only blameless if we close our eyes to history, and shut our ears against the voice of common sense. Only if we ignore history altogether can we pretend we haven't wronged people.
    What's funny is that we won't believe an Islamic agent when he says he bargained with a US president when Reagan negotiated with terrorists for hostages. But we will believe one who says the Taliban controls al Qaeda?

What the conflicting stories indicate is that neither you nor anyone else on this side of the conflict has much of a clue to how the two agencies interact. And what is important here, then, is that the connection 'twixt bin Laden and the Taliban becomes even more difficult to pin down, which means that we're attacking without being sure. A premature ejaculation of rage is exactly what Rep McDermott questioned.

But your point, it seems, originally, was that bin Laden controlled the Taliban. Now another news story says the opposite, and the apparent lack of clarity somehow proves clearly your point?

Of course, we could have skipped this part of the debate if George W Bush and company had bothered to show the evidence of bin Laden's guilt to anyone on the other side. Apparently, though, justifying your request for arrest and extradition with evidence is "negotiating" with terrorists. But apparently, it's unwise to meet such a simple standard when what you really want is to blow stuff up.
    So go enlist. Spare the nation the agony of a draft; you remember how well the last one went, right?
    So when you hunt, do you shoot through everyone else to get to your game?
    That's right: shoot first and ask questions never; take no prisoners; one shot, one kill ...

thanx,
    Tiassa

18. Brad Rules Registered Senior Member

Tiassa, lack of cohesion ruins an argument.

God and Tiassa are the only ones who know what the hell Central America, the Carribean and Indonesia have to do with the crisis in the Middle East. Um.... Tiassa, if you really believe that death squads from the 80's are the backbone of Bin Ladens network, I have some swamp land in Florida you might want to take a look at. Bin Ladens network was formed out of the conflict in Afghanistan. Ok, Reagan sold weapons to Iran 15 years ago and that relates to Afghanistan and the current crisis how?

I personally have NO interest in ANYTHING coming from Berkely. They are nothing but a bunch of socialist sissies who would pee in their pants if they ever had to fight for anything.

Relevance to current topic 0%. Tiassa, in case you hadn't noticed before, everybody on either side of that conflict has been dead for many years. Last time I checked Indians aren't bombing building, sending anthrax in the mail, etc.... By the way, I have a smidge of Indian blood in my own veins. I imagine my great great great great indian grandfather was oppressed by all of my non-Indian relatives.... so friggin what? What is your obsession with this? It is common knowledge that our ancestors owned slaves, committed genocide on native americans, wiped out the native animal species and obliterated forests. That is pretty damn irrelevant to todays society. We aren't doing any of those things today. (Although a genocide in the Middle East sounds real good about now)

Nope, I don't wonder and I don't care. The only thing I wonder about is why aren't we killing more of them and why aren't we targetting their civillians. When they demonstrate in the streets we should send in our gunships to strafe them. When they burn American flags we should burn their cities. Absolutely no mercy or quarter should be given. The scorched earth policy of WWII should be invoked. When they come grovelling on their hands and knees like dogs, when it is the blood of their children running in the street, when they finally realize the kind of mayhem America can unleash on their backwoods ignorant assses... then maybe we can relent a little bit. America is the alpha male, America is the final rung of the evolutionary ladder.... it is time for evolution to take it's course and another stone age culture to die.

Tiassa, nobody in the Christian community supports the terrorist anti-abotion movement. In fact they are strenously disliked by the Christian community because they give it a black eye. Anyone involved in terrorist activities or financing of them should be killed, it is as simple as that. Religious zealots scare the hell out of me.

It really isn't that important to me. It just establishes to the rest of the world that their deaths are no great loss. They have no humanity; therefor, no humanity is required of us when we purge these insects off of the face of the earth. We are killing them because they killed innocent Americans. The fact that they butcher their own civillians makes it that much easier for us.

Let me be clear here, as long as the next regime doesn't threaten America or America's interest, I could care less how they treat their own people. That is their business.

Tiassa, for the record it is common knowledge that Bin Laden called his mother on 9/9 and told her to watch the news because something big was going to happen on 9/11. He told her that she would see it in the news and that she wouldn't hear from him in awhile. That right there is enough evidence in and of itself. Bin Laden and the Taliban are in bed together. As such, providing any information to the Taliban puts the lives of American agents in jeopardy. To a person who is as ambivalent to American lives as you are, this is probably no big thing. The only people calling for the US to provide evidence to the Taliban are the Taliban. Enough information has been leaked to convince people of SOUND mind that Bin Laden was involved.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

And you wonder why people hate the US?

And as long as you compartmentalize like an American, you can keep on believing that. You're the one who said the US is blameless, not I. All that list comprises is a very few of the myriad reasons people are annoyed with the US, and also a demonstration of our hypocrisy. Stamp out terrorism? We train, fund, and equip terrorists.
    It's negotiating with terrorists; hell, even Reagan said he wouldn't do that. Bush says he won't do that, and he's so afraid of doing that he won't ante up the proof to warrant his extradition demand. We prosecuted Clinton over a blowjob; how ridiculous is it that a sworn-to-uphold-the-constitution president is asking a nation to suspend due process in order to facilitate American "justice"? Besides, if we hadn't funded bin Laden and others in the fight against Russia, we wouldn't have empowered them. I keep expecting that, at some point, it will occur to Americans that we're spending a lot of our military fixing our own policy mistakes. The Balkans--okay, it seems the big policy mistake was waiting that long. (Let's put it this way: I remember watching an episode of Webster as a child, and recalling that the Sarajevo footage in the episode was recently outdated by the outbreak of violence; some of those buildings weren't standing. And this is Webster! It took us a while to get there ....) But hello? Noriega? (A Poppy Bush puppet.) Hussein? (A Poppy Bush puppet.) Bin Laden? (Built on American funds.) I'm sorry this conflict is so immediate and restricted to you that you can't see it. I can't explain how foolish you look frothingly supporting a warfare effort that you obviously don't understand.
    That's a ... bright retort.

I'm sure it has significance somewhere, such as in your own mind.
    And your point being?

Look, Brad, that's ridiculous. I could just as easily point out where you wrote that Starvation, constant tribal warfare and appalling living conditions are things of the past for the tribes, and ask what the relevance of the past status of the tribes is compared to our ongoing violations of treaties (both mutual and those forced upon the tribes at gunpoint--e.g. reservations) and the perpetual squandering of tribal money by US-BIA. You seem to hold up a standard of living: yes, once they covered a continent and held their own destinies in their hands; now they're just an inconvenience to Americans. Quite the prestige, eh? It's what happens when bleeding hearts look away. We could have done away with the last 5% of the indigenous population and not even had to deal with the issue, but the bleeding hearts couldn't look away any more; nor could the living hearts.
    I don't think racism, religious supremacy, and cultural extinction are irrelevant to today's society. I think the reason you want the bleeding hearts to turn away is that you envy them: they have hearts that bleed and feel. Your stone heart wills only destruction and division; or so says you.
    And you wonder why people hate the United States? Look in the mirror, Brad ... after all, you just noted that racism, religious supremacy, and cultural extinction aren't relevant to today's society, yet here you are calling for exactly that, you whining, hypocritical brat. Get over yourself and try thinking for once. Just because A) it bleeds, and B) it isn't you, does not mean it needs to die.
    And you wonder why people hate the United States?

The repugnant philosophies you advocate, should they represent the true sentiment of America, warrant protective action against our encroachment.
    You go, honey! Woo-hoo! Be all that you can be!

Seriously, go enlist. That way, you can kill everything you want, and, if you're lucky, you'll get to die for America's "honor". And, when that happens, the world will truly be a safer place, bereft of one more frothing, American war-dog.
    That's a broad and inaccurate statement. Should we, then, just bomb the ones that do? And then when the Christian community objects, should we bomb them, too? Because, after all, you're either with us or against us.
    A-ha! There we go. At the heart of the matter ... yes, they scare the hell out of me, too. Your standard, wishing-for-the-end-of-the-world Christian is enough to make me jumpy; these guys with box knives ....

But you've pointed out the essential problem: you're afraid of something, therefore you want to kill it. And since you obviously don't understand what you're looking at, your zealous bloodlust oversteps its scope: it's one of the reasons why warfare is a bad idea. This tends to be the result of it. It is also the reason why religions are, for the most part, a bad idea; this tends to be the result of it.
    And you wonder why people hate the US?
    There's that good, old-fashioned, idiotic selfishness that so endears us to the world ...

Considering we've demanded extradition ....? Tell me, Brad, is this a war or a criminal manhunt? Are we after "justice" or defense or revenge? If "justice" is a consideration at all, we must consider that we are the United States of America, and the only thing that separates us from the loathsome tyrannies of the past is due process, which we cannot suspend in the pursuit of justice: by American definition, due process is a necessary part of justice. So, yes, we are obliged to cough up the "proof" to the world at large; if the Taliban says no, and the world agrees with us, then what's so hard about that? If the world says the proof's inadequate, who's going to stop the US from killing everything in its way? It was idiotic to consider due process part of "negotiating" with terrorists. And it still is.

Don't tell me about American freedom if we're ruling by fear. Don't tell me about liberty if we're acting on superstition. Don't tell me about justice if we're out for revenge.

Hatreds like yours, Brad Rules, will destroy us all.

Do you really wonder why people hate the US? Oh, wait ... I've read your posts: of course you don't. You're neither inclined--as per your declaration--nor capable--as per your demonstration.

Go serve your country, Brad Rules. Kill a few people you hate, work it out of your system. After all, when else are you going to get the chance to freely shoot as many "ragheads" as you want?

--Tiassa

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Bravo Tiassa!

I'm new around here, but can I just say it is refreshing to see that there are some clear thinking Americans.

Keep up the good work, Tiassa.

21. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Brad Rules ...

And if you don't think that death squads are still alive and well in Central and South America, particularly Mexico, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you in N.Y.C.

22. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Those lucky ole Injuns

they won the west after all. Just like the lucky ole Afghanis, receiving free food parcels left, right and centre. It's enough to make anyone want to fight the Americans, simply for the perks!

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Funny. Good one.