The Cain File

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Blaming Cain

Don't Blame Perry Democrats the Media Conspiracy Theories ....

Will Durst gets the line of the week for his consideration of Herman Cain's troubles:

Cain has changed his story almost as often as Mitt Romney changes positions. And his memory problems draw right up to Rick Perry's Energy Department. Again, almost. First he couldn't remember anything, and then admitted a charge may have been investigated, but there was no settlement, then maybe there was an agreement, but now he refuses to comment on any of the cases, relentlessly retreating to his stuttering German "nein, nein, nein."

The oddly self-proclaimed, anti-Washington corporate lobbyist declines any responsibility for keeping this narrative alive, first blaming the Perry campaign, then the Democratic Machine (?); and that old standby, the media, not yet getting around to the evil dominion that is Pizza Hut, but soon. Makes you wonder who's in charge of his damage control team? Lindsay Lohan? Anthony Weiner? Charlie Sheen? Erica Kane?

He might be better off remembering the very advice he gave the Occupy Movement, "Don't blame Wall Street, blame yourself." Yourself, Herman. Yourself. Besides, in most Democratic quarters, the prospect of a Barack Obama/ Herman Cain matchup in the general election has elicited so much salivation, drool bibs and phlegm gutters are standard issue.

(Boldface accent added)

One of the striking things about The Hermanator's woes is how dedicated each side of the argument is to their position. One might think threatening to make potential accusers regret coming forward is the wrong way to go about it, but we have to remember that Cain is now so deep into the denial defense that he really doesn't have much choice. Those who recoiled in horror at Cain's attorney saying that potential accusers should think twice, of course, have already convicted the man. And, of course, the same can be said of Durst's joke, though there is no conspiracy theory under the sun that could possibly explain how the Cain campaign's clumsy handling of the scandal is anybody else's fault.

In the end, it comes down to whether one is willing to believe the charges or not. Or, as Durst put it, "Right now it all boils down to a classic case of He Said. She Said. She Said. She Said. She Said. She Said. She Said."

And so it goes.

Notes:

Durst, Will. "Grope and Change". The Cagle Post. November 11, 2011. Blog.Cagle.com. November 11, 2011. http://blog.cagle.com/2011/11/grope-and-change/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It seems like Cain's days as flavor of the day, black walnut, are over. He is falling in the polls and being replaced by that old notable, the Newt.

Cain was recently asked to what flavors his fellow candidates would be. He said Romney is plain vanilla and Bachmann is tuttie frutti. I have to agree with him on that assessment.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68288.html

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cute cat reno Registered Senior Member

I agree, Jon Huntsman is the only sane one of the bunch, though his policies are pretty much in line with the hard core right wing of the Republican party, just like the rest of the crowd. They'll never nominate Huntsman, he's too normal!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cute cat reno Registered Senior Member

Now Herman is saying that God told him to run for president. God also told Rick and Michelle to run. They're all delusional idiots!

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Unfortunate, but true. Roughly 75 percent of the Republican Party wants a whacko candidate. They cannot decide which one. Remember these are the very same people who brought us George Junior and Deficits Don't Matter Cheney.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

10. cute cat reno Registered Senior Member

Maybe God changed his mind and doesn't want Herman running after all!

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe or maybe it is the liberal press and the red tie conspiracy?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't mind if Cain won the Republican primaries, he would pretty much insure Obama's second term. And while I'm not a fan of Obama in any way(though I was happy when he said that he wouldn't defend DOMA in court) I do know that he's a hell of a lot better than any of the Republican's who are running, and let's be honest here, what are the chances that an independent will win?

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have to agree.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The Capitalist's Way?

The Capitalist's Way?

Maybe it's not fair to capitalism, but it seems to me that Herman Cain's presidential nomination campaign is largely driven by a marketing philosophy derived from sales. In and of itself, the idea of sales is, naturally, vital to political campaigning. But is there nothing different about selling pizza and burgers, to the one, and a political message pertaining to people's lives and livelihoods to the other?

For instance, Herman Cain wants to tell you about his energy policy. Okay. And, of course, it's a largely useless pitch aimed at discrediting liberals more than establishing a functional energy policy.

And, of course, he posts all this on his website beside a photo of a German nuclear power plant ... that is going to be closed as Germany phases out its nuclear industry.

And it would seem he got the image from some random Flickr account.

No, really.

Notes:

Conaway, Laura. "Herman Cain's got a German nuclear power plant to sell you". The Maddow Blog. November 14, 2011. MaddowBlog.MSNBC.MSN.com. November 14, 2011. http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-got-a-german-nuclear-power-plant-to-sell-you

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The best way to summarize the Cain candidacy is, that he just wanted to sell some books and gain more recognition but he stayed on the train for too long and now it is going too fast to jump off of it...

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You could say the same of Gingrich.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your Daily Cain: Flexibility

Your Daily Cain: Flexibility

The tragic farce that is the Herman Cain campaign continues. Mary Elizabeth Williams explains:

On the spectrum of offensive terms, it's not high-threat-level incendiary. It's not the sort of word you'd have to sprinkle with dashes in print, or refer to as "the s-word" on television. But here's the update for those of you who didn't already figure it out: At this point in human history, calling anything "sissy" makes you look like a dumb bully. Which brings us to Herman Cain.

We already know that Herman Cain is totally butch. Not so butch that he'd need to settle any sexual harassment claims by the ladies, of course! Ha ha! But definitely masculine enough to understand the true measure of a man – not in the achievements he attains, not in the people whose lives he makes better, but by the toppings on his pizza. That's why, in an interview with GQ, Herman Cain, pizza tycoon, blamer of the poor, viral video star, and man who "totally respects women," philosophized about culinary sex roles.

"The more toppings a man has on his pizza, I believe the more manly he is," he explained. "Because the more manly man is not afraid of abundance. A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables!" [Side note: America, if you ever elect a man with such appalling grammar to its highest office, wild packs of copy editors with nothing left to lose are going to storm the White House and burn it down.] Cain then explained that a real man would dismiss any pizza contaminated with vegetables as "a sissy pizza." Because Herman Cain's penis isn't having it!

It should be noted that according to Food & Wine magazine, President Obama "usually orders vegetable toppings" on pizzas from his favorite Chicago pizzeria. Perhaps this explains why a man like Cain, in the middle of a sex harassment scandal, should use feminization as denigration in his campaign. After all, this is the man who told conservatives he could take the race card off the table if only they would vote for him because of his skin color. And, later, he even criticized Obama for not being a "real" black man.

In that context, the stupidity of Cain's manly pizza rhetoric almost makes sense.

Almost.

The flip side is that nary a day passes without the Hermanator demonstrating his flexibility by cramming his foot into his mouth while his head is already stuck up his ass.

Notes:

Williams, Mary Elizabeth. "Herman Cain doesn't eat 'sissy' pizza". Salon. November 15, 2011. Salon.com. November 15, 2011. http://www.salon.com/2011/11/15/herman_cain_doesnt_eat_sissy_pizza/singleton/

"Slideshow: Eat Like Obama". Food & Wine. (n.d.) FoodAndWine.com. November 15, 2011. http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/obama-favorite-foods

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Where are all of the Cain devotees to defend Cain? Where are the Republicans/Tea Partiers in defense of Cain?

19. Arioch Valued Senior Member

They know that there isn't a defense for Cain.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This could actually be good news for the country

I think Arioch has a point. Indeed, I would suggest your question might not be fair to conservatives, Joe. That is, if they're figuring out that this troupe of clowns they've got is largely indefensible, it means there is some good we can hope for about the GOP contest.

And, yes, I know it's hard to use the idea of "fair" and "conservative" in that kind of a context without raising some eyebrows within the ranks of the logical, but the fact that conservatives are in disarray, that they are currently on a cruel bender shaped more by their capitalistic tendencies than their alleged morals, does not always mean they will be. In truth, I now wish for the era of Reagan Republicans. Compared to what came with the Gingrich Revolution, and then the Bush Adventures, all of a sudden those big-stick, greedy, egocentric Republicans of old seem somewhat reasonable.

And to yet another, I suppose they could be murmuring to themselves about where to go next. Santorum is just not electable. Perhaps they can convince themselves—at least for a couple weeks—that Gingrich somehow is electable. Or maybe they're wishing for a Santa Sara Turkey Day surprise.

Or, of course, they could just get over it and start trying to help Mitt Romney build a credible campaign against President Obama.

We'll see what comes in the next couple weeks. And then it will be December, and then comes the New Year, when the primary season officially gets underway.

(And no, they're not going to suddenly decide to rally 'round Ron Paul.)

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, Newt is somehow intelligent at least, even though he is a giant dick. Cain is just a plain moron....

You guys saw when he was asked about abortion? He gave in 3 different and contradictory answers in 2 sentences, even the people in the studio were just shaking their heads.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Truly Brilliant

Indeed, 'twas a brilliant moment.

The really strange part here is that he had a chance to walk a thin line rarely tread in the abortion debate, in which one's personal outlook on an issue is separate from their political perspective. Something along the lines of, "This is what I believe, but I cannot make that happen under the law." It is a cornerstone of the idea of an anti-abortion constitutional amendment. Yet Cain couldn't seem to put the two and two together without thinking it equaled seventy-three.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

The present scenario has "third-party spoiler candidate splits GOP vote, Obama laughs all the way to the bank" written all over it. The big question is what the GOP is going to do to prevent Ron Paul or other possible spoilers from running.