The Book of Revelations

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Trippy, Apr 28, 2009.

?

What do you think of the Book of Revelations?

1. Genuine Prophecy.

12.8%
  2. Carefully Worded Political Rhetoric.

20.5%
  3. Delusional Ramblings of a Mad-man.

41.0%
  4. Don't Know/Don't Care/None of the Above.

25.6%
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Bishadi,

Don't you think it is possible to bear a mark on your forehead, or hand, which
    directly interacts with a single financial system?

What if your belief is foolishness?
    Have you actually thought about that, or can you show me the truth?
    As for life, I already experience it.

I said, one could be forgiven for believing that particular passage.

I see, your running with that excess evolution theory.
    I am not my father, or his father. I am me.
    If I suddenly found out that my father was not my bioligical father, guess what? I would still be me.

If that's your understanding, then go for it.
    But i find your whole premise faulty.

The truth is separate from me?

Thanks, but I'm not gay.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

this is my fav part of revelations, though i haven't read all of it. all of the excerpts are chapter 9, i've edited with wild abandon to shorten it, but the descriptions, which are the main feature of the chapter, are basically unchanged.

the shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. on their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. they had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions teeth. and they had breastplates like breastplates of iron. they had tails like scorpions. their power was to hurt men five months.

and thus i saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue and sulfur yellow; [the horses?] tails are like serpents, having heads, and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and brimstone. by these three plagues a third of mankind was killed - by the fire and brimstone... but the rest of mankind [snip] did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bishadi Banned Banned

codanblad
    a love of bridges (857 posts)
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM #42

was that a phone call?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bishadi Banned Banned

nope

you got a social security number right?

if it is, then i am just nuts. (never said that part was impossible!)

Yes, and Yes.

then whatcha on the forum for?

purpose, intent??
    you and can forgive and not allow someones action to you be furthered in your next choice but nothing undoes something when it occurs to existence!

"we" can forgive...... (they know not what they do) but nothing undoes an action

God don't undo!
    life evolved from atoms and energy (light)........ not adam and eve (that is first order of truth as well what is 'experienced' in nature; what we can describe without EVER lying about 'how'...)

the How, is what the 'word' assists with

because you are isolating you from existence (your mind believes your identity (self) is your 'life')

but then you would know where your 'light' came from.

See the difference?

Understanding your life at the level of comprehending the mass and energy in which the depth mirrors the garden (nature) then truth in absolution can be felt and known.

God is not 'elsewhere'. 'He is the garden" and we are intimately associated and a part of existence as HIS creations. (see how the metaphor(s) of old fit reality with absolute fact)

i know, you are of existence. It is only a person believing in words or definitions that are eroneous can a person be thinking he is separate from even their own parents, ever, at any time, anywhere in the universe

it is consciousness, that allows you to know 'self' (adams apple story; the birth of awareness)

the amount of material in the old literature is huge that does say a bunch

if you really want some good items that are not as confusing, read up on Thoth of Egyptian literature. Much easier dialogue to digest and grounds how all truth is bound to the 'light' of how existence works.

Jan, are you 'unhappy'?

8. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

The theory has been around for 10 years or so, maybe longer, that the address prefix "www" is the 666 Revelations talks about. How the hand/forehead corresponds at all does not add up, but the world being united under one religion and the part about buying/selling does have remarkable similarities.
    Regardless of what time in history we are in, that should not have an impact on how we live.

9. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i have no idea what you're talking about.

10. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

that's the thing about hazy descriptions, you can usually find something to apply them to.

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Bishadi,

Why?
    In light of bio-metric technology.

Yes, but I'm not sure how that follows.

Because I like discussion, especially religious, or philosophical, and it gives
    me a good idea of how the real world operates mentally.

And atoms and energy evolved from......
    And their ancestors evolved from.......
    blah..blah..

That life evolved from Adam and Eve, is at best an ideology, and when the source of this ideology come under scrutiny, there is no evidence to suggest
    that that is the meaning.

Please explain.

To be honest, I don't know what you mean.

Nobody understands their life at that level.

Depends what you mean by "separate".
    We are separate from our parents in that we are individuals, and our lives
    are ultimately our own. The body, the material, is not entirely separate, and remains so for the duration of life, afterwhich it is transformed into earth, pooh, or ashes.

What is consciousness, and how did it evolve?

the amount of material in the old literature is huge that does say a bunch

No.
    Are you?

jan.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

rjr6,

I think it has something to do with the tempreture at these points in the body
    is more or less stable enough to act as a constant source of energy.

It sure does.

Ideally you are correct, but somehow I don't think it will be the case.

jan.

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What's the point of not doing?
    And should we wait for, and accept official explanations like the Iraq war, and
    9-11

jan.

jan.

14. Bishadi Banned Banned

they can't even get a concensus right in the US, think of 7 billion people.

you numbered to the 'invisible hand' of capitalism; can't earn, but or sell without paying into the system (beast)

When rev was read, then didn't know about bio-meteric tech but they knew the 'invisible hand'..

mass energy time; the trinity; existence itself! (alpha/omega; mother nature)

better than................"and magic did it, duuuuude!"

theology is an ideology

conscious life can be led to believe it is not a part of everything else, by words!

nothing else can

your biological dad is a part of you, His light, lives in you. (hence the EXACT meaning of raising the "fathers"... is that each can know exactly how life works and that they are their fathers 'in the flesh')

what do you think i am doing here?

that is the last chapter! (the revealing)
    awe but you can choose to be of self, but cannot truly exist as a self........ you are of your parents, your environment and what you have learned is often what allows you to think you are separate.

but what you do will still continue, or not

make a baby, you live on

teach

plant a tree

you live in what you do beyond being awake talking about it

coherance of energy associating the senses, mind and body to sensory perception of a self;

that coherance is not within a part but of the collective life of your body; kind of like you aura.

sure but from people with an education quite limited to convey material within the level of this period in time.

sure the metaphors were good but the literal interpretations are less that good

ie.......... we (mankind) can go to space, but how many can define life?

priorities have been lost

15. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

there's so many vague prophecies in religious scriptures, you could waste enormous amounts of time checking events against prophecies. most importantly imo, if the bible is gonna be right about anything, you'd hope its that you don't need to worry about any part of your life other than being a good christian.

i don't think you need to accept official explanations for wars, but just accept that wars and terrorist attacks happen. find any prophecy in the bible, and i bet it can be applied to the event within any century since the book was written. i bet people have feared the apocalypse for centuries.

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-

For nearly 2000 years, some have feared & some have looked forward to the Apocalypse.
    It's been predicted for every century end/beginning & many other times.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
  17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

codanblad,

The vagueness, if there is any, is on our part, not the scripture.
    It may be a waste of time for you.

This is faith.
    Are listening Bishadi. Not the nonsense default "belief in anything without evidence"

Who are the terrorists?

So, explain to me, how in the sixties, we (ordinary folk) could have imagined a cashless society, that still uses money to buy and sell. And how it would be possible
    to NOT buy and sell, save you having a mark of somekind.

jan.

18. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i disagree, of the few prophecies i've seen, i've thought them exceptionally vague and obviously construed.

faith is belief in anything with or without evidence.

relevance?

my explanation is, people made a bunch of crazy prophecies, and if none of them had come true it wouldn't have mattered, because none of them say when they will happen. in that amount of time you can say anything, and it will have happened.

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

1) which as I said, the vagueness is on the part of the individual.

2) you taking belief as faith. You do not have to have faith to believe in something, and faith come into being through action. You inadvertantly gave
    a perfect example of faith when you said;

"if the bible is gonna be right about anything, you'd hope its that you don't need to worry about any part of your life other than being a good christian."

While the christian was not absolutely certain of whether the bible is right, he/she would hope that there is nothing to worry about.
    That they believe in God, is irrelevant. This analasys is based on your quote.

3) i want to see if your understanding is the same as the official explanations. Your right though, its not really relevant.

4) Okay, forget all that. What about the mark of the beast prophecy.
    Do you think its just some crazy making stuff up, or do thing that this might
    just be pulled off?

jan.

20. Bishadi Banned Banned

do you live in America or a capitalistic society? Do you need an SS# to earn a living, or are you an illegal of the 'system'?

did the world economy crash just recently based on debt (cashless transactions)?

darlin............if you are within the 'system' and have 'credit cards' you are marked and of the beast! (selfish pursuits within the 'invisible hand')

perhaps notice what that means

been trying to assist you jan

perhaps get over the ideas of theology being perfect and try to apply personal responsibility to truth!

You are already a part of the beast and to fib and misrepresent shares a comment i find most true across the board

"the best example of anti-christs are found observing christians'

and the reason i say this is because most are not awaiting 'christ' as they believe the truth already exists and will lie to make sure people know it.

when in reality, even the bible says

Matthew 16:20
    Then did he charge his disciples that they may say to no one that he is Jesus the Christ.

I don't understand why people don't just read about what Jesus was thought to have said and remove all the religious additions to the theology.

The literature has the answers about many of the unaswered items and the first item of reality is; that Jesus was not the last to come!

Even Jesus is mentioned saying the same thing:

John 14: 15 `If ye love me, my commands keep, (and that means no fibbing)

16and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age;

17the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you.

Most don't keep the 'truth' as the reality to be held as rule A1!

Jesus lives in what he left (the knowledge) but no one is coming back.

That is proof positive, jesus was not the messiah/christ/bringing of peace/ kalki, adi buddha, pahanna, quetzacoatl........... the morning star!

Basically, most christians don't keep the very precepts of Jesus teachings and have to maintain beliefs over truth, just to exist as a religion pursuit.

eg... i can be found to say; if the western beliefs had not been so oppressive to knowledge (inquisitions etc).....

we would all be vacationing on the moon by now!

21. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

1. no, i was specifically saying that its the prophecy itself which is vague. agree to disagree?

2. my point was that if you believe in the bible, prophecies are irrelevant. if you don't believe in the bible, they're not prophecies, they're bullshit.

3. should i take it you're into the conspiracy theories then? i don't know who was responsible for all the different parts of the attack.

4. could you give me the relevant passage? i think all prophecies in the bible are likely a crock of shit. unless they're common sense: "he who standeth in shit shall have feweth friends". do they offer any advice for when the prophecy comes to fruition? other than 'put more in the collection plate. lots more'.

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

codanblad,

Fair-dooz.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Do you think your hypothesis would be validated by a person who actually
    believed in the bible?

It's funny how most of us cannot function in a discussion without having to
    categorise, or listen to music without having to categorise genres.
    No I'm not into conspiracy theories. There is no need, the shit is being played
    out in front of our eyes.

Nah, you know what I'm talking about, and further more you agree with me.
    You just won't admit it.

jan.

23. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

1. sweet.
    2.i'm not sure, even if a person thought the bible is the word of god, they might interpret revelations as metaphorical or something.
    3. i wasn't trying to use the connotations conspiracy theories have against you, i should have clarified that. i don't have the knowledge of physics/the military/aircraft etc. needed to make an informed decision though, so i let it be.
    4. in all honesty, i'm not even sure what you think i agree with you about. i think perhaps you're fooling yourself to add a notch to your belt and walk away. other than my relatively polite posts (by religion thread standards) i don't know why you would think i do agree with you.