The Big Bang and Inflation:

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by paddoboy, Jul 20, 2015.

1. river

Pad your getting kind of well ............zealous.

I don't think this is good.

I know your position pad , generally , but take it easy.

I know we have had our differences but I don't want you to lose it.

river

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You mean for supplying evidence to suggest this bloke is a fanatical religious nut? And highlighting your fanatical support for such nonsense?
    I see that as very good, on my part anyway.
    My position simply aligns with common sense, the scientific method, logic and sensibility. You are the nut ranting against anything that smells of mainstream science. So, really, perhaps if you take your own advice, you may survive these bouts of stupidity that trouble you when you see the scientific method reigning supreme.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Pad ; step back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Again, while you troll, threaten and get all hot and bothered, I'll continue with the science.
    My position simply aligns with common sense, the scientific method, logic and sensibility. You are the nut ranting against anything that smells of mainstream science. So, really, perhaps if you take your own advice, you may survive these bouts of stupidity that trouble you when you see the scientific method reigning supreme.

8. river

Pad; step back.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's OK river, nice seeing you again showing your true colours so openly and blatantly.
    You know the ones...hypocrisy, trolling, and venting your anti science nonsense.

10. river

Pad; step back.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Avoiding our troll, this religious nut has spread his preaching nonsense to a book entitled. "The V-Bang: How the Universe Began."
    http://www.amazon.com/The-V-Bang-How-Universe-Began/dp/1463732643

The same book he was pushing on his last foray into this forum, along with another denying Darwinism Evolution.
    He has web sites, facebook pages and what not everywhere to spread his fanatical version of creation.
    The latest foray today, under the handle randie beam is either a stooge or him again under another handle, as he has become noted for that elsewhere. Usual troll tactics.

12. river

One zealot meets another.

See the irony pad?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But as we all can see, it is you that continues to rail against anything that smells mainstream even to the extent of supporting such an obvious nut as josh or whatever other handle he choses to post under.....Zealot? Pot, Kettle, Black!

14. river

Sometimes I know you just don't get it. But I do hope you will.

river

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure I get it...most of it anyway. What I don't get I'll ask questions.
    Again the religious troll you appear to support is well known as I have detailed and ge once infested this forum a while back.
    If you see his Vbang as valid, or his anti Darwinism Evolution stance as valid, please explain why and stop your trolling.
    You've painted yourself into a corner river, as you usually do due to your thoughtless zealous support of anything anti mainstream.

16. river

Pad ...pad ...pad when will you understand my perspective?

Its not anti anything persay.

Its about perspective.

Think of seeing a sphere from as many angles as possible. Or a pyramid from all angles possible. Then think of frequencies of light and sound.

Anyway...........

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Of course it is!
    And I do look at everything from all angles, and most come up as unsupported, and unevidenced.
    If you chose to go with the alternative, just for the sake of it, you are being unscientific at best, and pseudoscientific and trolling at worst.
    You also keep forgetting, your record here speaks for itself....your general anti mainstream stance...your acceptance of anal probing aliens and abductions...your belief on ghosts, goblins, Bigfoot, etc, and then you tell me to view things at different angles.
    This josh Greenberger character is a religious troll. I have shown you that.
    You seem to support his Vbang nonsense and anti Evolution crap.
    What reasons do you have to support such generally defunct and unsupported concepts?
    All I can think of is because they go against mainstream. But you can show me as wrong if you have another reason to support his stance.

18. river

It's not him. Pad. Quite frankly I don't who the heck he is and I don't care.

Lets just focus on the OP. Shall we.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Cop out on the first sentence.
    But sure, let's concentrate on the OP, which was mine and is evidence and data supporting a flat Universe, the BB, and Inflation.

20. river

I think of the Universe this way:

Take our galaxy

Now what or how would a being think say a million light yrs away looking at our galaxy from north to south think as far as being flat?

I know that within the spiral arm of our galaxy it is flat.

But in the bigger picture of the Universe , the connections or the geometry between each galaxy is not flat.

Can you picture this?

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I gave you a link on the evidence for a flat Universe...read it.
    Your total ignorance of the Universe being topoloically flat is reflected in your confusion of our galaxy having anything to do with the large scale Universe.
    The Universe over large scales is topologically flat according to WMAP and other data.
    You claiming it is not does not change that theory.
    I simply picture the fact that you are too ignorant to realise what a flat Universe entails.
    here is the link again.
    http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_shape.html
    But obviously being a mainstream link, your stubborn anti science stance will prevent you reading it.
    Let me guide you through your ignorance once again.
    The Universe has three possible topologies, [1] Open, [2]Closed or [3 Flat.
    [explained in the link.
    Without complicating things too much and setting you on another anti science rampage, let me just alleviate your confusion by saying a flat universe does not mean flat as in a piece of flat paper, or a level surface. A topologically flat Universe simply implies that two beams of light emitted parallel, will always remain parallel, or geometrically Euclidean.
    It also implies the Universe is infinite.

Now you can realise that all you needed to do was read the link I gave.
    See now what stubborn stupidity does for one's learning and knowledge?

22. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

Isn't it a rules violation to just post the same thing repeatedly?

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I thought this reply to pad's statement that the universe is flat was an attempt to be funny, but I fear you were serious.