The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, May 21, 2015.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Jesus is also alleged to have claimed that he would come in his kingdom, with angels, throwing sinners into hell and welcoming his sheep into paradise.

"So shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire." Matthew 13:40-42

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."--Matt 24.

It never happened. Nothing like a kingdom ever came, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, and the Jewish nation was scattered to the 4 winds. To this day christians and jews hope for that coming kingdom, but nothing ever happens. Because it is a lie and a delusion. No messiah came, no messiah will come, and the world goes on as it always has. Such are the cruel facts of reality.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

What you quoted was said at that time . So He left and we are waiting for him to return
    As for me . What happen or will happen it should not be my concern as long as try keep His Commandments . Doing that keeps my conscience at peace

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

He said that present generation would not pass away until he came in his kingdom. It never happened. He lied. Or else was just deluded. Either way it was false. Ever since then every generation of christians has been expecting Jesus to come back again in their own lifetime. What a cruel and heartless joke.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

What about if you take in a spiritual way . The generation did not pass He ascended and He sent the Holy spirit 50 day after ascension, and His kingdom was established . Again He said " the kingdom of heaven is in you ". He ment in a spiritual manner but you and the old Jewish are thinking in a materialistic way .

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..he specifically said that generation will not pass away until all those events of the end of the world happen. See Matt 24 for all the events. He wasn't speaking in metaphors. He was speaking about his second coming.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I have a question...Jesus/the bible [the word of God] said these things a couple or more thousand years ago.
    Perhaps he has changed his mind?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Took one look and saw that none of the commandments were being kept by anyone and said; "to hell with it all", I'm done !!!

paddoboy likes this.
  11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But using that kind of educating of the people doesn't help matters in todays world. People today have many sources of information and science is more in vogue than religions when it comes to how humans became humans. Many people today do not rely upon religion to help them in their daily lives in which they must use science facts as the way to get along in society rather than religions. Today religions are for social connections and to have same thinking people be a part of their lives.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They all are as the Magical man has stated. They were useful during those olden days to control people because no one knew anything because few could read or write. Only the people in charge back in those times were able to read and write so few could challenge their authority unlike today where education is being the norm.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You will notice that nothing new has been added to the Bible only changing things around to fit the times.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is your right to think the way that you want to. Just don't read any science books that discredit you because they will do just that. Believing in a supernatural being that controls everything, to me, is not what I have learned from the sciences. So you do what you want and many of us will continue trying to evolver our way into the future.

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

What it is written . Tell me the teaching " love thy God with all thy strength and love thy fellow man " what do you se wrong with that ?

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

Challenge authority . Jesus said " Give to Cesar what is to Cesar and give to God what is to God " He teaches us to be obedient to the authority ( government ) is there something wrong to that ?, Love thy fellow man as yourself , do you find some thing bad to humanity ? Teaching be respectful to your parents . That is an old teaching over 3000 years ago for the primitive society . Should that not be applied for our present generation ?

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Note. It says "they god" but fails to mention which God one must follow and if your fellow man is of a different god, then it tells you "you shalt have no false gods before thee". Riddle me that one.

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sorry, that sentence should say "love thy God" , not *they*. but the argument remains.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Read the old testament and you'll find a God there who is very violent and destructive.

Greatest I am likes this.
  20. timojin Valued Senior Member

WHat is written in the old testament is many of Jewish wars , which might have nothing to do with God but human behaviour and human interpretation of natural desastres . Many evils we human bring upon ourselves by attempting to submit each other .

21. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

That seems a bit inconsistent; you seem to want it both ways.

Myth when it doesn't suit you, reality when it does?

22. timojin Valued Senior Member

What is that U am supposed to say ? I know nothing , But we want to make things clear cut on what is real . It al depends from what angle is the observer .

23. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Uh, can you rewrite that?