The Bible is Bullshit

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well, like any other phase of evolution, some just can't or weren't meant to keep up with the rest. the rest progress, and the some become extinct.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

lol...and then there are so many who say "oh, it's fine! it's not that bad!"

it is bad.

that's actually the whole point of the bible and the reason for christ.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So he sets us up to suffer, then offers the solution to that suffering. Sounds like your typical crack dealer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

so you believe a guy parted the see magically healed everyone he ran into and walked on water sounds like a fairy tale to me

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

and now we know the dangers of drug abuse.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't know about that stuff; i wasn't there. i do however know what god's done to me, and in light of that, don't doubt the whole parting of the sea, healing, walking on water thing...

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Someone's OD'd on the opium of the masses. :m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,

You haven't yet said anything in response to the actual statements made in the video so we are unable to assess what you say succeeds or not.

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,

This is not verifiable and is a fantastic claim with no precedent. There is no reason to believe this could be true. Since this cannot be shown to be true then using this claim as evidence of truth to other claims simply denies you of any credibility.

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,

It is known as rank gullibility.

14. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

lori,

The tactic is well known. Probably the best example is the story of the emperors new clothes.

I hope you know it but just in case.....

The swindling tailors convince the emperor that they have made some exquisite new clothes for him but they are magical and only the intelligent and wise people can see them. Not wanting to appear foolish he of course agrees that they are indeed beautiful clothes. They, of course, do not exist.

Salesmen throughout time have used variations on the same theme to convince people to buy their products. The bible myth writers are no exception. They know they have created total gibberish, but of course if you are not favored by an almighty god then of course the texts will appear gibberish. Not wanting to appear as if they do not understand these supposed mystical writings the gullible saps, like yourself, agree that the bible is truly wonderful.

You've been well and truly conned kiddo.

The bible is probably the greatest story ever SOLD. And it was true thousands of years ago as it is today - there is a sucker born every minute willing to believe anything they are told.

Since you cannot show that any part of any of the fantastic claims made in the bible have any truth, then really, what makes any of your assertions believable?

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Kind of like, I set myself up to stump my toe. So I stump my toe, but I have a system of belief or action that will take away the sore tore, and offer a solution to mend the broken toe bone. Voila! No more stumped toe!

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

or a mafiaso

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

No, its called deduction.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

That question would be better suited for the people in my life who know me best.

For example, they know I'm not an ignorant, arrogant, egotistical, patronizing asshole.

19. sandy Banned Banned

I had no idea. Why would you come after me when you know I am the
    same x 10? I just spent the last few days with Benny Hinn. What a MIGHTY man of God!

The Bible is full of scripture against homosexuality.

Fairy tail?

He gave us free will. We have been fcking that up ever since. Disease is not of Him. It is of Satan whose goal it is to steal, kill, and destroy. Steal your health, faith, happiness, peace, joy etc... Jesus/God loves all of us--even atheist liberals.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Then Satan is more powerful than God if he's able to make disease and God isn't able to prevent him.

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Because you say things like "X 10". You don't seem even remotely enlightened or loving. You are all about us and them. You alienate and you hate. It is so overwhelmingly obvious to me that it is not about the spirit with you. Its a power play, its religion, its politics.

Sandy when I was a young girl it was people just like you who turned me away from god and christ, and now that I know him, that really pisses me off. I take witnessing very seriously and you take his name in vain.

and why am i supposed to be impressed that you're hanging with benny? what did you guys do, go shopping for jewelry and cars? did you happen to mention to him that he can't sing?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it would indeed be verifiable if it happened to you. and it is not a fantastic claim without precedent. it happens to be what the entire bible is about, and there are many, many who make the same claim, you just ignore and dismiss that.

i have credibility because i'm honest, and the people who know me know that, and have witnessed a very real transformation in me over the years. that is never in dispute, whether those around me believe in god or not.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

god is able to prevent him; he just chooses not to at this time.