The Bible Is B.S.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by JokeZ, Jun 24, 2001.

1. JokeZ Registered Member

How can you worship a book that was written by man. spreads lies, spreads hate and, separates man

the bible was written and you belived everything in it is a fictionous book written to tell a story but people worshipped it and belived everything it. It is just lies you cant belive what man writes. God is a lie there is no god above and when you die and you will not fly above and you will stay down then you will know that there is no god

And for those who say im a tool of satan or some b.s. like that shut the F up satan is not real so i am not the tool of satan i do not promote hate i promote the truth and it will hurt but it is truth and you are the ones that spread hate against the jews. natvie americans. aborigians of australia. muslims, buddhist. and everyone that is not you.

so burn the bible is just lies

THE BIBLE IS B.S.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2001
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Radical Registered Senior Member

the bible was written in a time when human sacrifice was very common,food laws not that higene,burial laws as well
    and other sort of basic rules.

today it may suck and we might not need it but in those days humans had to have a basic moral code which we today see as trivial as to not kill steal and such not because we might angry this or that god and suffer his wrath but because we know it is wrong.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ilgwamh Fallen Angel Registered Senior Member

The Bible condemns idolatry. Christians don't worship a mere book. We revere and follow what we feel is an accurate rendition of God's special revelation to us. It is true that the Bible was written by men but we believe God supervised the process.

Peace,
    Vinnie

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

The Holy Bible is the Absulute Truth!!

Amen, 'Ilgwamh'; The Bible is the Holy Word of GOD! And we don't worship the book, but the loving GOD that sent it, written by men inspired by the Spirit of GOD ! And the Bible is a Spiritual, and a Supernatural book! The unsaved, unregenerate, the lost, the hateful, the despicable ignorant people could never really understand the true meanings of the Holy Word of GOD! No matter how educated they are, or think they are, the Word's meaning to them would be too obscure, they simply do not have the Spirit of GOD in them to have any understanding [true understanding] of what they read is true! They could even be afraid of the; AFRAID OF THE TRUTH OF GOD'S HOLY WORD! The words that gives life and that created them (all that is seen and unseen) in the first place!
    The Bible, the word of GOD Himself, calls them "FOOLS"!

"For the FOOL has said in his heart, there is no God."
    "They are corrupt, their deeds are evil [vile]; there is no one who does good." (Psalm 14:1-2)

They hate the truth, for a lie!
    They hate the truth because of there many sins!
    They love there sins, and hate the Truth of God's Holy Word!
    They love them selves, but will lose all in the END!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That's there problem!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2001
  8. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Who is the one that fears Hell?
    Who is the one that worries about Sin?
    Who is the one that hopes to be judged at the End?
    Who is the one that claims thou shall not kill yet is kill thousands of life every second?

9. NeonSky Registered Member

Christianity - A Load of Crap

The bible was written by a man who descriminates against almost every natural instinct that a human has. He says that homosexuality is wrong! Who can help their feelings? No one chooses to be gay and it is hard enough without people who are supposedly good and 'christian like' preaching the word of a fake saying they will go to hell for being themselves.
    As I have a lot of gay friends, I know it is not easy and the bible telling them they are wrong to be themselves definately doesn't help!
    Also, why are people so gulliable as to believe something that was written so very long ago, is in the slightest bit true? All my life I have been brought up to be a Christian and to believe in God but the things I see everyday make me so much more disheartened.
    I believe that there is something out there, but I'm sorry to say that it is not God. A man who is so supposedly great and holy surely should be able to stop all the suffering and pain there is in the world today.
    If people believe in God to try and escape the horrors of the everyday world, then that is fine with me, but I refuse to have it thrown up in my face everytime I do something wrong!
    I am human just like everyone else. The bible makes me feel like a really crappy person, like everything I do is wrong and I've had enough of it.
    We have no real proof that Jesus/God, does or ever existed and I refuse to believe something I can't see. I believe in the motto - 'Seeing is believing', and as I never hace, I refuse to be drawn in.
    People may think I am rebelling, or going through a stage, but that is really not the case.
    Also, if Jesus was a Jew, why create a 'new' religion - Christianity? Why did he not just stick with Judaism?
    I am sorry if I have offended anyone with what I have said and I am also sorry if what I have said does not make any sense. I just feel I needed to say this and get it off my chest.
    Something that promotes such bad views as the bible does cannot be good for the human race and I say that again, people should not be so gullable as to believe everything they read.
    I'm sure the papers tell more truth than the bible does.
    Sorry again, just felt it needed to be said...

10. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

The Bible is the Word of the Supreme Being! (GOD)

Neonsky:

People can escape from 'homosexuality' and by the Power of the Living GOD! By the Power of the Holy Spirit of GOD, one can be delivered and set totally free from that perverted lifestyle! I am a
    PHP:
    Living witness to the Power of prayerto be set free from habits and addictions!
    sin can be conquered by the Mighty Hand of GOD to those who are Faithful! WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! This what I say is true and one only needs to come to Jesus in Faith for forgiveness of sins!

In me there is no more lust of women! That is I don't look at them the same way the modern world would (Holly Wood)have you to lust for the sake of lusting, and to that of vile affections! Some even unnatural!
    That I like women and some times work with them!
    And I still do have my natural affections, but they are in check and preserved unto Marriage!
    I see life from God's prospective and not of the World's!
    For it is the Spirit of Almighty GOD that gives me strength to accomplish what you and even some Christians deem impossible!
    But it is not impossible with God! And my Faith in power of the Holy Spirit to preserve me and my sanity all these years! It's a miracle!

11. NeonSky Registered Member

Crap

I am sorry to be a nonbeliever but - you talk a load of crap!
    Tell you what, the day God saves me is the day I'll start believing and as I cant see that day coming anyday soon, I'll stick to not believing, unless of course you can convince me otherwise. I'd be interested to hear the miracles God Almighty has performed for you.
    Until then my friend, I'll remain like Thomas - and doubt.

12. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Re: The Bible is the Word of the Supreme Being! (GOD)

Please...

A supposed almighty being who can't even full fill a simple claim for over 2000 years is yelling "Nothing I can't do!" Is that a joke or what?

The day will come...He will be there....blah blah...

Try to delay your credit card payment for two years and say "my payment will be there" every day to your credit card company. Let's see what will happen.

13. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

The Word of GOD is True!

Only the Holy Spirit can change a person, not me.

Neonsky!
    It is Him that can help you to understand the truth! Some day you may come to trust in Jesus and it is the Spirit that does the work, and that only by Faith in Jesus the Son of God!

I am free by the power of GOD, to have an normal life the way God intended.

14. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: The Bible is the Word of the Supreme Being! (GOD)

Your a joke Daktaklakpak!

WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

"Life is as a vapor, it is here for an instance, and then it is gone!"
    God is the only one who will decide what time it is to reap the harvest!
    You will meet Him soon! Jesus saves!

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Too slow

Nah, he ain't so clever.

You'd think with all his omnipotence he could have created the universe instantly, but he had to take 6 days. And then what, he was so tired out that he had to take a rest - ahh what a shame, he can't even work 7 days straight, like many of us, before getting puffed out. Definitely sounds like he has limitations. Like, why take 6 days, if nothing is impossible then why not do it a bit quicker. It wasn't as if anyone was watching or looking over his shoulder to see that he did it right.

So we see that even at the very beginning he is slow and short-winded.

Cris

16. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

The Word of GOD is True!

Hey Chis! Have a chariot and thank the Almighty invisible one (GOD) that you are alive and reconstituting the ground! Jesus is alive and well! And will all have there knees bowled unto Him when He comes again!

REad tHe Bible, and rEad it more! Pray, for the day is fast approaching!

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Stay off the drugs or see a therapist

Loone,

Why would I need a chariot? My SUV works pretty well. And why would I reconstitute the ground? Do you want me to urinate on the floor? I assume you have just taken some drugs or are you simply drunk?

Of course he is. Now I suggest you lie down quietly and get some rest.

Bowling is part of the English game of cricket and they use stumps and bails, not people’s knees. And before someone comes AGAIN they must have come the first time, or are you talking about sex here?

Are you seeing that psychiatrist yet or would you like me to find one for you?

See that’s what happens when you take drugs, you hit the shift lock by mistake. Read it, done that, been there. Read it again and again. And finally the truth became clear and I did the only rational thing possible, I became an atheist. As for the day approaching: Well it’s not quite dark yet, so the day is quite a few hours away yet. And I’m not so mentally ill yet that I find it necessary to talk to empty space.

That reminds me of a joke. If a man walks into an empty forest and is entirely alone and then he talks to himself, is he still wrong? Only women will understand that.

Cris

Last edited: Jul 11, 2001
  18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There are many positions and circumstances in the bible that are outdated and no longer apply. However, one thing can certainly be said for the bible. The human emotions, trials, and day to day living don't change much. That in itself is timeless. Be it a novel or be it historic that part remains revelant. Cris's chariot may be an SUV, it still moves him but it is a question of degree and comfort. However, adultry, killing, stealing and the rest of the commandments are still valid today. The way to prepare food to prevent sickness was instruction. It will still work today as it did then. But much like the chariot (which is now outdated) is the food preparation and much else that was current at the times of authoring the books of the bible.

But one thing gets me. God laid the Jew to be his favorite, his chosen. Well, everyone can not be Jewish. We do not chose our ancestors. No more today than then. This makes me question the validity of current faith.

19. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: Too slow

Nah.

He didn't have a deadline, either.

He was just showing us how to take it easy.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    (Matthew 11:30, KJV).

20. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Bible - just stories nothing more

The Bible, whatever version you read, or don't read, is just a collection of tales, stories, legends whatever, handed down by word of mouth for eons. Then a literate got hold of a writing implement and wrote these tales down, but whilst doing so, amended and changed anything that did not agree with either his belief or the doctrine of the day. I recently watched an Anglican Minister on a documentary stating that the devil was an invention of the Church. Mother Nature and son were converted into Mary and Jesus. Pan was converted into the Devil as in his own words, "The Church could not reconcile its earlier tolerance of paganism anymore". Witches, instead of being Healers, which is what the word means, overnight became instruments of the devil, therefore evil, and were persecuted as a consequence. All religious beliefs are based upon the word of some religious zealot at sometime. Christian Festivals were overwritten on Pagan Festivals. Christ's birthday was moved from Springtime to Xmas. The virgin birth is a complete fallacy, unless of course, with hindsight, she was artifically impregnated! Here in my own country, a human being of regal stature decided that the Bible did not agree with his ideas so it was re-written. How many times has it been re-written in the past - possibly hundreds? The Bible, as we know it today, bears absolutely no semblance to whatever was doing the rounds 2000 years ago or more. No matter how many times you modernise it, it still comes out with one basic fact - it is a human concoction.

21. Deadwood Registered Senior Member

Was that Anglican Bishop, John Spong, or something like that. I have heard of him, he came here a while ago and our archbishop banned him from speaking, however, that was so people could pray for the next archbishop and the leaders of the nation. Instead of having him take away attention from praying.

But there are a lot of heresies that are trying to get into our church, but thankfully they are stopped before they manifest themselves.

But basically, to deny the virgin birth of Jesus would be the same as saying He is not the Messiah. This is because it was prophesied that our Saviour would be born of virgin birth.

22. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Hi deadwood, thanks for the reply. I DO deny that Christ is the messiah. I do not doubt that there was someone around at the time who we now know as JC BUT - he was a left wing radical terrorist who stirred up the natives against roman oppression and the fact they occupied their land - the Messiah - No!

23. Caleb Redeemed Registered Senior Member

Not according to Archaeology. Even disregarding the famously complete Dead Sea Scrolls that match our Bible almost perfectly (with the exception of, basically, a few small spelling errors) we have hundreds -- if not thousands -- of copies of manuscripts from within less than a century of Christ. I think many of them are from within a decade of Christ even. The point is, there were still eyewitnesses around who could verify the facts that these manuscripts contained. Furthermore, these manuscripts had, even by this early date, been translated into dozens of other languages, such as Syrian, Egyptian, Arabic, and Latin (remember, they were originally written in Greek). And the clincher? These documents still match our own with remarkable -- even miraculous -- acuraccy. I will grant that there are a few inconsistencies, but these are few, far between, and involve <i>no</i> critical doctrinal issues at all. As stated above, the majority of these are just spelling errors.

So the statement that the Bible is not the same as it was 2000+ yrs ago just does <i>not</i> hold water.

~Caleb