The Best US President Since WWII

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lord Hillyer, Oct 27, 2006.

?

Best President Post-WWII?

1. Harry S Truman (1945-1953)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Dwight D Eisenhower (1953-1961)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. John F Kennedy (1961-1963)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Lyndon B Johnson (1963-1969)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Richard M Nixon (1969-1974)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Gerald R Ford (1974-1977)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. James E Carter (1977-1981)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Ronald W Reagan (1981-1989)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  9. George H W Bush (1989-1993)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. William J Clinton (1993-2001)

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  11. George W Bush (2001-Present)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Here's a question for all the Clinton voters:

Name three things he succesfully did.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

1. 'Longest Economic Expansion in U.S. History. In February 2000, the United States entered the 107th consecutive month of economic expansion -- the longest economic expansion in history. [National Bureau of Economic Research and Council of Economic Advisors]'

2. 'Tax Cuts for Working Families. 15 million additional working families received additional tax relief because of the President's expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit. In 1999, the EITC lifted 4.1 million people out of poverty - nearly double the number lifted out of poverty by the EITC in 1993. [Good News for Low Income Families: Expansions in the EITC and Minimum Wage, CEA, 12/98; Census Bureau]'

3. 'Putting Families First. The President and Vice President developed and implemented first-ever plan to protect our children from tobacco and end tobacco marketing targeted to young people. They also required the installation of V-chips in all new televisions, and encouraged schools to adopt school uniform policies to deter school violence and promote discipline. [Presidential Statement, 8/23/96; FCC Report No. GN 98-3, 3/12/98; Presidential Memorandum, 2/23/96]'

It's difficult to pick only three. I'm sure others will contribute too. Were you asleep during the nineties?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jumpercable 6EQUJ5 'WOW' Registered Senior Member

Simple Poll. Kennedy was the 'Best'. GWB is most definetly the 'Worst'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Lord Hillyer:

So...president Clinton can be given credit for the internet? I then assume he can be bamed for the internet bubble bursting? And the ecomic crisis that began in the last year of his office and took several years to rectify?

United with this a victimization of many of the same people and others:

Clinton submitted a budget that would cut the deficit by $500 billion over five years by reducing $255 billion of spending and raising taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of Americans.[10] It also imposed a new energy tax on all Americans and subjected about a quarter of those receiving Social Security payments to higher taxes on their benefits.[11] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton

What positive benefit did government censorship achieve? Similarly, how many school districts actually followed suit with the school uniform policies?

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

which joker went for Nixon. the only time i have ever liked nixon was on futurama

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I voted for Carter because he is so huggable!
    (in case anyone was wondering which lunatic voted for carter)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Destroyer Banned Banned

11. Roman Banned Banned

I voted for Clinton because I knew it would rankle with the right wingers the most. I could have voted for Bush II, but that would have been too obvious. Besides, who would take anyone seriously that claimed Bush was the greatest American president? Maybe Al Quada.
    (You ever imagine America getting spawn camped while a voice goes "Terrorists win."? Sometimes I do.)
    But it looks like I've given my hand away.

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Nixon, actually, was a fabulous president on foreign issues. Kissinger was a God of policy and Nixon was a diplomat's wet dream of a president. He did more to keep America afloat through the mid Cold War than any other.