The Best US President Since WWII

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lord Hillyer, Oct 27, 2006.

?

Best President Post-WWII?

1. Harry S Truman (1945-1953)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Dwight D Eisenhower (1953-1961)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. John F Kennedy (1961-1963)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Lyndon B Johnson (1963-1969)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Richard M Nixon (1969-1974)

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Gerald R Ford (1974-1977)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. James E Carter (1977-1981)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Ronald W Reagan (1981-1989)

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  9. George H W Bush (1989-1993)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. William J Clinton (1993-2001)

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  11. George W Bush (2001-Present)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

What difference is it to the dead if they’re one out of 5000 or one out of 1,000,000?

~Raithere

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

There are no good politicians. Anywhere. Ever.

Politicians are not philanthropists they are not altruistic, they are power seekers plain and simple.

~Raithere

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I've always thought of FDR as our only good president in recent history.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Bleh, I voted Eisenhower because he at least openly objected to the A-Bombings.

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I don't know whether to pick Carter or Clinton.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

That is such revisionism and shows a lack of knowledge of history. By no means was it considered inevitable that the Soviet Union would collapse under its own weight. Indeed, the Left in this country was in favor of our unilateral disarmament and surrender since we would inevitably lose as we were on the wrong side of history as defined by dialectical materialism.

Reagan built up our military and started a renewed arms race with "Star Wars" that the commies just couldn't keep up with. Gorbachov was willing to give damn near anything if Reagan would forget about star wars. Reagan, sencing weakness, told him to get stuffed. He was widely repudiated at the time for this. But history shows he was one hundred percent right.

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

Carter inherited the Nixon/Ford economy. So following conservative rules of the preceeding prez is ALWAYS the cause of conservative induced economic failure Carter, a conservative himself, is immune to such a charge.
    Rotting Reagan kicked ass? He presided over the worst economy in decades. Sky high interest rates, highest unemployment in decades, highest inflation since the mid-70's, racked up the biggest debt in US history. A record broken by another rightie, GW Bush. He bankrolled terrorists and death squads in Latin America, an event that has turned the region away from the US line, he fucked up in Beirut killing hundreds of Marines, fighting for Israel against....Hezbollah! We cut & ran. But to save face Rotting Reagan invaded Grenada, an island with Cuban construction workers building an airport. The island is smaller than DisneyWorld. He busted American unions lowering wages in good paying fields and devalued the US worker. Though he LOVED unions in Poland.
    He didn't "win" anything in the Cold War. He simply bankrupted the country by spoon feeding wasteful corrupt defense contractors. The USSR caved from within. Now we have a far more dangerous world.
    Even his own kids had little or nothing to do with the old bastard, until his rotted brain finally took him out of service and his son Michael jumped on 3rd Reich Radio and made a career by using his father's name to make money.
    Reagan was an elitist Hollywood actor, fake straight through to the spinal fluid. I for one am thrilled he's dead.
    Real conservatives were vehemently opposed to his policies throughout his term.

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Hm... If this were an actual presidential election, it looks like Clinton would win easily, with 44.44 percent of the popular vote so far.

12. Genji Registered Senior Member

Nope. The rightwing Supremes would have to make the choice, and they choose the Republican.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What are you talking about? I'm only talking about this poll.

14. RickyH Valued Senior Member

L.b.j

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

Uhhh, I know. It's called sarcasm. Humor. Wikipedia have both listed I believe.

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I usually only detect sarcasm when it's executed well...

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Guess I'll have to work on that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Perhaps. But all that matters now is that you tried. :m:

19. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

EVERY PRESIDENT.... SINCE ROSSEVELT IN 1933...

HAS BEEN A PIECE OF CRAP.

rossevelt.. established a national emergency... IT HAS NEVER BEEN REPEALED.

THAT MEANS.... according to the law that allows for establishing a state of emergency.... THAT THE CONSTITUTION IS NOT IN EFFECT.

LITERALLY.

no president has reversed the order.... none.. democrat or republican.

thats why bush.. didnt declare a state of emergency, after 9-11....

he didnt have to....

this means.. all your constitutional rights.... were taken away in 1933.
    to be replaced by statuets... AND priviledges and benefits from the fed.

-MT

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Did you sleep thru the "go-go" eighties? You're describing the seventies under the incompetent democrats.
    Can't argue with that.
    Yeah, that does seem out to character. But it was mainly due to Democrats screaming for him to pull out the troops. You know, the same way they're screaming for Bush to pull the troops out of Iraq. That's the Left for you, demand we turn tail and run, then complain about when we do.
    I loved it when he fired those air traffic controllers. He told them, go back to work, or you're fired. They didn't go back to work, he fired them.
    Who didn't? They were good, anti-commie unions. Everyone loved them.
    I am so tired of that revisionism. Back in the eighties, everyone, especially the Left, thought the Russians were ten feet tall. The left was calling for our unilateral surrender. Reagan did bankrupt the country, their country! Gorbachov was scared shitless of "starwars" and was willing to give up almost anything if Reagan would give it up. Instead, Reagan told him to get stuffed.
    Well, it is more chaotic. But I'd say a world split into two halves with each armed to the teeth ready to destroy the world at any time was more dangerous.

Like who? Reagan pretty much defined the conservative movement. Who are these real conservatives you speak of?

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Reagon was a thundering moron that almost destroyed our entire economy. It took four years of bush senior and 8 years of clintons to recover. Easily the worst president in hiistory.

One of the best presidents, as far as accomplishments, is Nixon with a very close second going to Johnson. Most lovable president is definately Kennedy.But still the best president we had post WWII is Nixon.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Nixon!!!!!! I guess your admiration for Nixon puts your adhorance of Reagan in the proper light.

23. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

It's sad that someone actually voted for GWB. I hope that was a joke.