The Best Line In A Film. Bloody Ever...

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by The Flemster, Jun 19, 2004.

1. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

"Well, i gave up on pity a long time ago.
    Someone so beautiful should not be so angry.
    Sometimes anger can help you survive.
    So can faith."

X2-storm and nightcrawler

I dunno where this is from but Hey:-
    "This is karma biting me in the arse."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

Analyze This!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Ripley: Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Johner:I can get you off. Maybe not off the boat.

Purvis : WHAT'S IN FUCKING SIDE ME?
    Ripley : There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryotube to this... human, and he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours, it's gonna burst its way through your rib cage, and you're gonna die. Any questions?
    Purvis : Who are you?
    Ripley : I'm the monster's mother.

Betty Captain Elgyn: My authorization code is E-A, T-M, E.

Johner : So, I hear you, like, ran into these things before?
    Ripley : Yeah.
    Johner : What did you do?
    Ripley : I died.

from imdb

Henry Fool:
    - "It hurts to breath"
    "yes"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

My favorite from Alien:Resurrection ...

Ripley: "Why did you do that?"
    Call (android): "It's what I'm programmed for."
    Ripley:"You're programmed to be an asshole? You're the new asshole model they're putting out?"

Got to be one of the few remaining remnants of Joss Whedon's original script.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Quotes from The Longest Day:

Flight Officer David Campbell: The thing that's always worried me about being one of the few is the way we keep on getting fewer.

Brigadier General Norman Cota: I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th.

Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin Vandervoort: You can't give the enemy a break. Send him to hell.

Flight Officer David Campbell: He's dead. I'm crippled. You're lost. Do you suppose it's always like that? I mean war.

to his generals, observing the English Channel
    Field Marshal Erwin Rommel: Just look at it, gentlemen. How calm... how peaceful it is. A strip of water between England and the continent... between the Allies and us. But beyond that peaceful horizon... a monster waits. A coiled spring of men, ships, and planes... straining to be released against us. But, gentlemen, not a single Allied soldier shall reach the shore. Whenever and wherever this invasion may come, gentlemen... I shall destroy the enemy there, at the water's edge. Believe me, gentlemen, the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive. For the Allies as well as the Germans, it will be the longest day... The longest day.

On whether to commence the Normandy invasion in marginal weather conditions.
    General Dwight D. Eisenhower: I'm quite positive we must give the order. I don't like it, but there it is. Gentlemen, I don't see how we can possibly do anything... but go.

9. Ghost III Banned Banned

asta lavista baby!!!!

10. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

"It is done!"
    The Passion of The Christ

( and I havnt even seen it!)

11. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

"shop smart! shop S-mart!"
    -army of darkness

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

"I see you're drinking 1%; is that cause you think you're fat?!"
    girl looks up
    "Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted."
    ----
    "Come over her Tina, you fat lard. Get your dinner"

--Napolean Dynamite

13. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

"And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire"

---office space

14. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

In the Rutger Hauer film Split second, the sidekick character goes a bit ape after seeing the baddie crash through a wall and survive being shot at, and runs wild eyed into the armoury saying,
    "we need guns, big guns...... no, not big enough, we need big fucking guns, biiig guns."
    and so on. Its very funny. And what more do you need, than really big guns (and some explosives.)

15. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

"Burn, Motherfucker, burn"
    -Farenheit 9/11, from the song "Fire, Water, Burn" by Bloodhound Gang

The fact that they showed that this song is wired to the soldiers tells a lot about the war. I don't think I have to explain iny more than that.

16. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

"Why didn't I take the blue pill" Matrix