The Best Intrest of Your Country

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Feb 17, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You cannot tempt me away from the Glorius Leeder!!!

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=64352

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So as the leader of a great nation, you wouldn't do what YOU thought was in the best interest of your nation, you'd follow the dictates and opinions of others, right?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How silly, would I be a dictator or would I be a democrat? One who ignores the people has no problem ignoring the country, since they are one and the same.

You don't elect a leader based on the size of his gun, and one who needs a gun to lead obviously has very little to commend him otherwise.

Gandhi led people in nothing more than a loin cloth, and yet the world stopped to listen.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

samcdkey, and in the end moved on, and left him in the dust of history, were in India does his vision still exist? the de facto cast system? the edge of war with Pakistan? the murder cults and traditions that are still being practiced? the never ending grinding poverty? the corruption in the government? Law enforcement? yes tell us samcdkey? were does Gandis vision still live?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In our democratic government and the people that consistently elect them, proving that the majority of the poor/rich, educated/uneducated are still doing the right thing. In the progress of the country in all spheres, in the consistent reduction in poverty and illiteracy, in moving forward without offense.

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I visited your link (was lucky to get out with my sanity) - I have not seen such madness since, well....let's see ... Oh, yes: when I called for the banning of Billy T...

Only one thing still surprises me: No one has yet suspected that I might be the "Glorius Leader."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- One wise enough to keep his head down in disguise (Ice picks in back hurt.) and yet one who still tells all the US is going down. :shrug:

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

samcdkey, you love to wrap your self around Gandhi, didn't he say " Make no offence to others in thought, word and deed"? something that you do in every post that you make, not a good disciple of the principals of your hero Gandhi.

samcdkey
    And what about the cast system that is so alive and well?

The corruption in the government?

The corruption in Law enforcement?

The never ending grinding poverty?

The continuing saber rattling at Pakistani?

The traditions (Sati) Thousands of years old from the Vedas that allow a young woman to be burned alive?

Yes tell me how well India has lived up to Gandhi's principles.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Could you educate me on this part I made bold? I thought that marrying an old/and/or ugly but rich lady (for her dowery) and then her having an "accident" with the kerosen cook stove, was just good example of "rugged capitalism" - something Anne Rand surely approved of, despite being female (and probably ugly - pretty ladies do not preach her line).

What is this from the Vedas - I vaguely have the idea that they are some sort of religious traditions. Excuse my ignorance and lazyness (not searching).

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Sacred-texts: Vedas
    The full text of all four Vedas in English, as well as the text of the Rig Veda in Sanskrit, and many other Vedic scriptures which are the basis of Hinduism ...
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/index.htm

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. What a great reference!

Do you in know which of four the source of your comments is? (I do not have time to read all, so might as well be that one I skim.)

Also, ever since your comment to SamCDkey about Israeli tourist in India I have been wondering why there is some special anamosity? _ care to give a few words?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Still just 50 years from a colonialism. Much better off now and getting better and better everyday.

On the way up.

And no the tradition of sati is not from the Vedas.

Still largely uneducated but capable of selecting better leaders, ones who can move the country forward without killing a million people in the process, for money.

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Let me ask you which of four do you think best for someone like me to skim.

If not from the Vedas, what is "sati" and where does it come from? (IF NOT my simple economics of Anne Rand origin?)

PS - I too admire Gandhi very much, but that is natural for an old passive fighter for civil rights. - His methods work, in many cases*, with minimal blood shed. I must be critical of him for not sleeping with his wife - that is not natural, helpful or healthy.
    ----------------------
    *Usually in cases when they will not work, nothing will.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sati was actually a goddess.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakshayani

Dakshayani's Self-Immolation
    The Rig Veda is the oldest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas

As you can see the best interst of Buffalo's country involves ignoring the support of the US for dictators and mass murder and exploring the Vedas for making false insinuations.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes samcdkey a beautiful religious custom, if your not the woman? and it is still practiced in India? 21st century? are you a true Disciple of Gandhi? would he place his blessing on you?

Ranbir Sidhu

http://www.ranbirsidhu.com/film.html

It is night and several men stare at us from the movie screen, their faces made unusually bright by the hot camera lights, while others examine their feet; some rub their hands nervously and smile and one talks with a voice displaying only a firm conviction. Some months earlier on this spot a young woman has been burned alive. These men are her relatives and friends and the ones responsible for her death.

The one who speaks explains that this is their tradition. Thousands of years old, he claims, dating back to the earliest of the Vedas. She died so she could become a goddess and bring wealth and happiness to her family, in fact, to all of India. If women aren't burned, he tells the camera, India itself will no longer be the holy land it is.

The woman's brother looks up. Yes, when they first heard she would become a sati he was worried, the whole family was afraid, but then it was all explained: her sister would become a goddess, India would be saved. He was happy for his sister, though he missed her, but she was a goddess now and everyone could pray to her. "She's not sister anymore anyhow," he explains, "She is our mataji."

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it legally sanctioned by the Indian Penal Code? No.
    Is it endorsed and practised by the Indian government? No :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Now about your murdering government?

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its certainly not as farfetched as crusades, abortion clinic bombings, the ku klux klan, or wine turning into the blood of a dead jewish guy.

again, his ignorance of anything outside of the american culture shines through brilliantly.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

samcdkey

Has it been stopped by the corrupt law enforcement? No

Has it been stopped by the corrupt government? No.

Is it still being practiced? yes

Will it continue to be practiced? Yes

Great culture?

And your government has forgotten Gandhi, and the way of peace, May 1974 India detonates its first nuclear device, a 10-to-15 kiloton bomb, would Gandhi give his blessing, and would Indian government care?, or do what is necessary for their own best interest? What would Gandhi say, I Know so do You.

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Buffalo Roam: "What would Gandhi say, I Know so do You."

Don't pretend that there was no violence in Ghandi's India, just because Ghandi repudiated it so effectively. Some people will always turn to violence, even after most people realize that violence is counterproductive.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And what would Gandhi say about US intervention in so many countries?

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

samcdkey

I really don't care what Gandhi would say. It is you that brought him up in defense of your country, and ideals, a country and you, that I might add, have ignored the teaching and lessons that he taught, if you want to use him as your anchor, you need to practice his ideals in thought word and deed, which you don't which make you one of the biggest hypocrites around, you don't out of hand denounce the terrorist, you offend in thought and word, and you do not practice the art of peace making, you use moral relativism to excuse murdering Moslem terrorist, and totally fail the ideals of Gandhi, you don't even try to ascribe to his ideals, you excuse one and not the other, he would have condemned all, and in no uncertain terms, but then your country assassinated him, so they didn't believe in his Ideals either. Yes India the land of murder, and four faces, practicing it own best self interest.