The Autonomy of the mind/body ~ justification needed.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Quantum Quack, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

What do you think would happen if we relied entirely on the memory of communication when conversing with someone?

To maintain effective relationships the meanings have to be always current and not just memories other wise the conversation would be rather weid indeed as the meanings used "yesterday" are now obsolete.

Also "out of sight out of mind" may become quite literal.

But even these are insufficient to explain my point...am working on it....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

A normal conversation, of course. Every word you use is one that you have learned and remember, or (occasionally) invent from learned and remembered components, or (even more occasionally) invent and explain.

:bugeye: Are you serious? You seem to be implying that people learn new words by telepathy?
    As common language changes, you need to learn each change and remember it before you can use it in conversation, right?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The thing is that I can not provide you with meaning in any form what so ever using covnentional mediums such as this post.

All I can provide is unconditional information for you to interpret any way you feel inclined to do.

If we presume this to be the case then I fail to see how global cohesion is possible let alone likely, given that there is no known mechanism to generate that cohesion in a way that is constant and ongoing and self validating prior to utterance.
    Note the emphasis on "Prior to utterance"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Then why are you posting?
    What if we don't?

What do you mean by "unconditional"? Even the following text is conditional - every sentence is composed of words from one language.

Property expenses yourself occasion endeavor two may judgment she. Elkaa et salin hanna se mista ilman en ei malja. Amigo nao dotes tenho tez sol unico dever sou risco. Mo expergisci statuendum an agnoscerem tractandae praecipuum deceptorem. Θηλάσει ρυτίδες γερανού τα θα ας μισάωρο θεωρίες. Decirte vio apatico mil algunas. Vroegeren wassching inlandsen onderling er de na. So eleganza vi le proseguo stridore scoperto ha talvolta.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and guess what,
    I can derive any meaning I choose to derive...so how are you imparting meaning to me other than unconditional symbology?

9. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

It's called language, QQ. It's not an "unconditional symbology", it's a shared symbology that follows specific rules we have both learned.

QQ, are you arguing seriously, or are you just yanking my chain?

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

not interested in arguing. Discussion is more to my liking...