The Answer

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vanja, Oct 16, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

Flash,

You're playing with fire. The only place that you are going to get the truth is from the Bible via the Holy Spirit. Are you saying that there is no such thing as deception? Hence, all the warnings of it in the Bible, yes? Oh, that's where the "Bible was written by men" part comes in? You're really grasping at straws, and I'm afraid you'll end up with the short one. I know why you don't want the Bible to be the truth. But even though you don't want it to be, it still is. If you think that you can get the truth from a wide variety of sources, then let me ask you...what do you think of the line of bullshit that Satan is feeding to you regarding the Word of God? Let me put it this way....if one could easily tell the difference between the truth and a lie, there would be no such thing as deception. Think about that for a minute. Ok, now I ask what is the central theme, and the driving point in the end times revelation prophecy in the Bible? That's right....deception. The Holy Spirit is the only way. You can bet your soul on that.

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    Is there such a thing as deception? Yeah,
    I'd say probably..IF one is stupid enough to allow it -wearing rose colored glasses ect...
    Satan is not feeding me anything Lori.
    Also, I am not saying the bible is not true
    for certain reasons. As I have told you
    before...I have researched it.
    Different sources shouldn't matter..as long
    as truth is revealed. Truth is what matters.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Lori & Vanja--

I tend to think you both have it exactly correctly. At least, I think what you both say applies wonderfully to Christians. However, for the majority of the world population that is not Christian, I guess there's a question to be had:

Vanja ... since it's your topic--

* There are six billion people in the world. We all interpret data we receive based on comparisons to old data; it is impossible to consider what we cannot conceive. In order for six billion people to read the word of your most esteemed God and then to give you the same take on it requires that they all have identical experience sets. For instance, those who have wealth and power, and consider themselves wealthy and powerful, might take "The meek shall inherit the Earth" to be a threat, while those without funds or clout might take it to be a hopeful promise. From different individual experiences come differing priorities. Unless we wipe out two-thousand years of institutional Christianity in order to undo the damage, there will never again be a single take on the Bible.

How can it NOT be subject to interpretation?

thx,
    Tiassa

PS--Forty-two is more important here than the jokes might imply. The reasons why it's forty-two are more important than the answer itself.

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vanja Registered Senior Member

Flash-Have a great day! Please! haha

8. Vanja Registered Senior Member

tiassa-You're right. We're all individuals with our own free will and interpretations. That's what makes people so wonderful. However, people should not take single verses from the Bible to suit their purposes. This is why I mention entire sections which complete the thought. I hope no one takes offense--that is not my object. I have had religion shoved down my throat in the above-stated fashion and don't believe that it will endear Christians to anyone.

9. Lori Registered Senior Member

Flash,

The Bible doesn't say that the stupid people will be deceived. The scripture says that he will deceive even the very elect. He will come in peace and deceive many, even the very elect. Aaaaaaaand, yes, that would be the OPPOSITE of the stupid ones. Hence the deception. Do you think that I think that you're being deceived cause you're stupid? I thought that we covered that already? No, no, no. You're a smarty-pants too, you just need to tap into the Holy Spirit is all. IN A BIG WAY DUDE!!!! So would ya get on that please???????

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

10. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    What makes you so sure that I haven't already?????