The Adama Maneuver

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Kittamaru, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Okay, Adama has to be the craziest SOB I've seen in command in sci-fi in a LONG time!

http://www.myspace.com/video/neill/the-adama-maneuver/3234942

Pretty much, make a hyperspace jump into the atmosphere of a planet, sublight engines pretty much offline. While free-falling into the planet, recharge the lightspeed drives, launch every goddamned fighter you've got, and then jump out of there seconds before impact with the ground.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Damn...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

as always with BSG, that was just damn sweet! and the music just made it even more epic!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I still say he's insane for trying that... he was, what, a few seconds from *SPLAT*

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rav Valued Senior Member

Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six.

8. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

of course this has nothing to do with reality, but scifi dramatics are appalling.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Best scene in sci fi history. TV, movies, whatever.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Best scene EVER in any scifi show. I remember watching that episode and jumping out of my seat. Still gives me goosebumps when I watch it. Brilliant.

~String

11. superstring01 Moderator

I wrote my answer before reading yours.

Funny about that.

I re-watched it again the other day on BBC and I was talking to my brother and he brought it up as the best scene ever. I still get crazy thinking about it. Very well played out. Great FX.

I remember watching that scene three years ago and getting misty-eyed. Really a stunning shot. The vacuum when it jumped away at the end was a beautiful touch.

~String