The A-Team movie cast list...

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by The Flemster, Mar 30, 2007.

1. craig28blue Registered Member

the best cast of A-Team
    Hannibal Keven Spacy
    B.A The Rock
    Face Jason Lewis (Smith from sex in the city)
    Murdoch Seann William Scott

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

My dream A-Team:

Director: Mikke Takashi

Hannibal: Takeshi Kitano
    B.A.: Donnie Yen
    Faceman: Doo-hong Jung
    Murdock: Min-sik Choi

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The coming disaster ....

The current status of the project suggests that Liam Neeson will shortly agree to play Hannibal, and Bradley Cooper is the leading contender for Faceman.

The roles of B.A. and Murdock are yet unknown. Joe Carnahan is slated to direct for producers Tony and Ridley Scott.

It's going to be a disaster, as far as I can tell. Still, though, I'll nominate Kimbo Slice for B.A., and stand on my prior suggestion of David Hyde Pierce for Murdock.

Notes:

Green, Chris. "'A-Team' plan comes together for Neeson". The Independent. June 10, 2009. Independent.co.uk. Accessed June 10, 2009. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...m-plan-comes-together-for-neeson-1701090.html

B.D. "For the love of God ... no!" B.D.'s Last Refuge. June 10, 2009. http://bdhilling.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/for-the-love-of-god-no/

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

If you're going to nominate real fighters to play B.A., Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson would make a MUCH better B.A. than Kimbo.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mr. T appeal

Yes, but Kimbo has much more of the Mr. T appeal: he looks a bit savage, and is already established as a bad actor.

9. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Heh... I love Donnie Yen, but as B.A.? Hmm. I'm having trouble picturing it. Kwon Sang Woo might be a better choice, he can carry the seriousness of B.A. a little better. Song Kang-ho might even be a good choice, since he and Min-Sik Choi play off each other so well (Have you seen The Quiet Family or Shiri?). Donnie Yen is a little young and a little too goofball.

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Shut up fool! You're gonna meet my friend PAIN!

11. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I haven't seen The Quiet Family. I thought Shiri was balls though, I have to say. You can have my only watched once copy if you like

Kwon Sang Woo? Sexy as hell but he's far too pretty and he hasn't got the power and presence Yen has.

12. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

firstly, you're not really a virgin are you?

u can't have a white dude playing mister T.

13. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

but kimbo is ridiculous looking, much like mister t. so while we're at it, flava flav or t-pain could be b.a. too. ving rhames and terry crews would get my vote.

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Who cares if he's ridiculous looking? Aside from the mohawk, Mr. T isn't ridiculous looking. As for all the bling he wore, notice the dog chain around Rampages neck. Plus, Kimbo is just a little too ghetto to be playing BA.
    Ving Rhames would be another good choice for BA.

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

This.

I hate it when movie studios start changing the races and genders of established characters. I think Tiassa's suggestion of Kimbo Slice as BA is a good one.

16. superstring01 Moderator

I almost shit myself laughing when I saw that!

That would be amazing.

~String

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He's the 1st person I thought of as well. But.....

Wanda Sykes would make it so much more entertaining.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thoughts on a disaster

Man, the thought of Flav as B.A. just cracks me up. He could actually bring us a new catch-phrase that breaks through racial barriers. Imagine him looking aside at Bradley Cooper and asking, "You crazy, nigga?"

Ving Rhames would be an interesting choice, although he would redefine the role. I prefer him as a bit low-key.

If they can get Neeson, I wonder if Samuel Jackson would consider signing on? They've worked together before, and Jackson's crazy enough to make the role interesting. Sort of. Maybe, what, one or two scenes?

Hell, if the cast was Neeson, Cooper, Jackson, and Keanu Reeves (as Face), the movie might have a chance on star power alone. But I'm not sure it matters who they get. Joe Carnaghan is directing, and that tells me (A) the Scotts are in this for the money they expect to make, and (B) it's going to be an awful film.

• • •​

There's a joke I would make here, but it requires too much setup if you haven't been following Dan Savage and his thoughts on Dr. Drew.

19. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I don't think Sam Jackson would work as BA. BA is supposed to be a big, muscular guy. He doesn't have the look, though he *would* be better than Flava Flav or Wanda Sykes.

20. Vic the Trader straight chillin Registered Senior Member

Haha.

21. chrisby1 Registered Member

A-Team cast

u can't beat the original A-Team cast but heres my cast for the new film :::

hannibal :::tommy lee jones - mel gibson - jack nicholson

BA ::: THE ONE AND ONLY .. MICHEAL CLARKE DUNCAN

FACE ::: Geaorge clooney - brad pitt - nicholas cage - owen wilson

MURDOCK ::: jIM CARREY - ROWAN ATKINSON - STEVE COOGAN - JACKIE CHAN

22. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

I don't know if mikenostic was informing or suggesting but Rampage Jackson has been selected to play B.A.

23. Nesm Registered Senior Member

Some cast updates on IMDB...quite a surprise to see Sharlto Copley (D9) as Murdock. Not because he's a bad actor, but I kinda expected him to take on roles in films where the script is fresh, the story untold. Not a story told a hundred times once a week for five seasons. Didn't expect to see him take on the role of a well established character.

Why an A-Team movie now? The original cast is what A-Team was about. Tom Selleck was Magnum & Richard Dean Anderson was Macguyver. Let it be huh? There must be so many awesome stories and scripts out there; so many new kids on the block with heads abuzz...and yet here's another remake. Boring.