Test my theory...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by 2+2, Jul 19, 1999.

1. 2+2 Guest

Without words, there is no consciousness.

The elements of consciousness are vocabulary, and metaphors.

Everyone's brain is wired for words, but some through good fortune develop wonderful vocabularies, while others of us must struggle with few words in an unwritten language.

As the worlds vocabulary grew, and writing became more common, people became more conscious. When printing was invented, and words really started flying, consciousness really began to expand.

And now common asses like myself can access a blizzard of words about the most subtle features of our existence. Consciousness is growing.

I draw from this that a vast majority of the world will soon realize that being a person, a human being, having a life, with words running through our brains is the highest, rarest, most wonderful existence in the universe. We will want to treat each other gently.

This IS heaven, and you are an angel.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yin Yang Registered Member

Peace my friend, yours words sing sweetly to us, yet let us not forget we are not the only creatures sharing our tired world. All God's beings are equal. I believe that just beacause a species has not achieved our level of enlightenment does not necessarily mean they are inferior. After all what does the sparrow know of world greed, war, self imposed famine and genocide, murder and torture. Who is the more enlightened genus now?
    To be blunt I would rather not know of the terrible things our race has done to our God's creation...Surely Angels couldn't be capable of the horrors of which I have spoken

Peace, and love. Perhaps we WILL win through.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 2+2 Registered Senior Member

&nbsp;<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"></p>

Peace my friend, yours words sing sweetly to us, yet let us not forget we are not the
    only creatures sharing our tired world. All God's beings are equal. I believe that just
    beacause a species has not achieved our level of enlightenment does not necessarily mean
    they are inferior. After all what does the sparrow know of world greed, war, self imposed
    famine and genocide, murder and torture. Who is the more enlightened genus now?

To be blunt I would rather not know of the terrible things our race has done to our God's
    creation...Surely Angels couldn't be capable of the horrors of which I have spoken </p>

Peace, and love. Perhaps we WILL win through.</font></p>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#0000FF"><strong>We are the only conscious
    beings around this whole corner of the universe for sure. The only species with words
    humming through their brains.&nbsp; Every other being (and many of us humans too) only
    react.&nbsp; Cause and effect.&nbsp; </strong></font></p>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#0000FF"><strong>&quot;What does a sparrow
    know of world greed, war,....murder..,?&quot;&nbsp; Nothing is &quot;wrong&quot; with the
    sparrow.&nbsp; This is not a judgement thing.&nbsp; But if you can't see how rare and
    wonderful it is to be conscious of words, full of experience that can be related and
    passed on, then you are maybe like my X-Mother in Law, who genuinely believed that
    &quot;ignorance is bliss.&quot;</strong></font></p>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#0000FF"><strong>My idea says that if there
    are no words or symbols recording experience that can be passed back and forth amongst
    members of a group, then they are all unconscious.</strong></font></p>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

</font></p>
    </body>
    </html>

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.