Tesco accused over padded bra for 7-year-olds

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Apr 16, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't have children, I'm too much of a vagabond to inflict it on any child.

But I don't see anything wrong with wearing a padded bra if the child needs to feel comfortable about nipples not showing; I remember feeling embarrassed about it during PE classes in my co-educational school. I wish there had been padded bras for children then. :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

sorry that question was aimed at the beauty pagent thread, sorry SAM my bad!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah well, I think those mothers are a bit silly, but I performed on the stage and drama and dance thing myself. Mum used to stay up nights embroidering my clothes for special events, I wore the makeup (you need heavy makeup under bright lights or you look washed out); I did the posing and singing and dancing. But I also did the sports, the drawing and the elocution and the public speaking, so it wasn't so much the parents being ambitious, more like Mum wanting us to have an opportunity to try out all kinds of stuff (she lost her own father at eight and spent her childhood in an orphanage while her mother struggled to support them). I think many parents have the feeling of wanting to give their children opportunities that were denied to them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Yeah those are all the same stores who sell the padded kind. But for a 7 or 8 year old who needs a bra I would recommend sports bras. I was really active so all I needed was support, so maybe I got used to all the support and now I just gotta to have it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. I guess I just don't see a problem with it, but I'm not a parent or anything so maybe I'll change my opinion later. The girls that I take care of love having bras its all they talk about I think it makes them feel grown up and it gives them a boost of self-confidence.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Is self-confidence worth sexualizing childhood? Do these girls need "support" yet? This is what is actually happening: once one girl gets a bra she shows off and all the rest want a bra, demanding it out of trying to "be cool" and "grown up" despite the fact they are just pre-teenybopper with molehill nipples or less, once they get a bra they can "fit it" nothing more. So buy them bras so they can join the consumerist fashion driven collective: become a sheep, get sheared.

No, rather teach them individualism and practicality, teach them bras have a function and are not fashion accessories. Teach them to dress practically and not compete in the pecking order of fashion to compete against other girls and to try to troll boys.

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

The girls that I take care of have begun puberty and I think they strength from one another when they know they aren't the only one experiencing these changes. Its just an observation I made. They aren't 7 years old, but I don't think it has anything to do with sexuality as it does with feeling "grown up". I know I feel special when for some reason or another I feel "grown up" I assume that they feel the same.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So all girls hit puberty at the same time? They don't, some grow up physically faster then others, and the rest all want to be like her, so they get "training bras" to feel "grown up" when really they are just trying to feel like they all fit in. At that age they are feeling the peer pressure you can either reinforce that so for decades afterwards they are fashion crazed bimbos, or you can teach them then and there to think on their own!

I once asked a friend of mine who is a physics PhD candidate why she talks all bubbly with whiny small talk in front of man? She replied that "man would not like her if she talked about schrodinger equations and wave functions" I told her she is never going to find a lifetime husband and friend if she keeps it up, all she going to get is a man that loves her bimbo personality and her pussy and nothing more. I don't think she could change if she wanted to, her false personia was drilled in so deep it was automatic: their a guy, I'll be all cute, perky and feather brained, activate blond mode (by the way it is amazing how well she can pull off "blond mode" with a baby flab!) theres a friend, deactivate blond mode, talk science.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

EXACTLY!!! My daughter wants a more grown up bra, just like she didn't want granny panty underwear anymore. She wanted bikini underwear. Not that its sexual!! She undresses in front of other girls and she is wearing baby stuff. Its as if she is wearing an undershirt and frilly butt baby underwear or a onesie.
    Its not sexual and I have a problem with people thinking my daughters underwear choice is to entice and be provocative. pervs!

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

At what age should I let her shave her legs? Is it sexual for her to have smooth legs as well as a padded bra?
    Do other people have a say in how long I should force my daughter to be a little girl?

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

She can shave her legs when she has leg hair! That's like asking when a boy should start shaving his face, duh! when the peach fuzz looks starts to look ridiculous! "Here a shaver, figure it out" oh tip: don't tell him you use that shaver on your legs.

Sure they should: when you start doing the things JonBenét Patricia Ramsey parents did. Or when you send your girl to a boarding school: they won't let her go though minibitch teenybopper phase.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are the girls buying the bras themselves?

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

she has leg hair. What child doesn't?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You mean don't tell your b/f or husband you used his shaver for your legs

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

lol

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

... runs over to nears child:

"hey how old are you?"

reply: "10"

"can I see your legs?"

reply: "...ok"

*I look at legs, as smooth as a babies ass.

"Do you shave your legs?"

reply "Eeww no!"

"How about your friend?"

reply "No"

So there you have it, at least two children that don't have hairy legs, Only after they start puberty do children usually get they get course visible leg hairs. You want me to ask if I can take a picture to prove it?

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

That only works if you have the same hair color, trust me if they figure it out your toast!

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My daughter is hairy. She's 10 and has pubic hair. Do those 10 yr olds?

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

... I don't think I want to ask to see their crouch, but if your daughter is hairy at 10 that fine get her a razor, but don't start thinking others need it. What do you feed your daughter to be so far along in puberty already? Pure lard laced with estrogen?

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what??? pure lard laced with estrogen??
    My Aunt got her period in 4th grade. The females in my husband's family are fairly hairy. I think she is perfectly normal.
    Pure lard with estrogen? WTHell does that mean?

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Fat induces estrogen production, our diet is already filled estradiols, its most likely why the mean age of girls entering puberty has being dropping (not genetics). your case may be genetics but that does not mean everyone else is. stop believing you are the model case for everyone and start reading statistics! Every child is different and needs to be treated on a individualized bases, when one girl needs to start wearing a bra because she needs it does not mean the others should be allowed to follow suit out of adolescent social pressure of conformity!