Tesco accused over padded bra for 7-year-olds

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

S.A.M.,

U's a cute kid!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Yeah. It's called kids clothing. And some of it... well.. the level of imitation to adult clothing is quite disturbing sometimes.

But a padded bra for a 7-8 year old?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't think there would be anything there at that age to even warrant wearing a bra, let alone a padded one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I find this concept really alien.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kadark Banned Banned

Let's see:

Bras were made to support breasts. Seven-year olds don't have protruding breasts. Thus, seven-year olds should not wear bras.

That was simple.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, since when do seven year olds wear bras?

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

No idea. My son just turned 7 and is in grade 1. I can't even imagine
    any of those girls wearing a bra. They have no more breasts then my son
    does :shrug:

10. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I started wearing a bra at 9. If a little girl actually needs a bra then I don't see a problem with it. In fact I always get padded bras now so my nipples don't make in guest appearances. I don't see what the big deal is if they need one.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

the important part is: do they need one. If you worry about your nipples showing though stop wearing tight cloths.

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

So your saying I shouldn't wear bras just wear loser clothes?:bugeye: I'm not 9 anymore you know. And I don't think there is a store out here that doesn't sell padded bras for girls. Like I said before if they need a bra then I don't see what the problem is. And its kind of hard to pick loose fitting shirts when you have to wear a school uniform, like I did.

13. Bells Staff Member

Go shopping in a kids clothing store and you'll know what I mean.

Girl's clothing has become decidedly adult in the last few years. When it gets to the point where they start selling g-strings for 6 year olds so their pantie lines do not show underneath their skin tight stretch pants or hot pants, then it is a big problem. They're little kids. It should not matter if it shows or not. One of my cousin's has 2 girls and she went through a whole period of fighting her youngest (especially.. she is now 13) because she wanted the "sexy" clothes and refused to leave the house unless her bellybutton was showing, because apparently that is meant to be "pretty and sexy". She ended up staying home a lot with her father during that difficult time because her parents refused to give in. She grew out of that stage, or she realised that her parents would not let her leave the house with clothing more suited to a stripper... Nor would they buy it for her.. They also would not let her pierce her bellybutton at the age of 9 after she begged and demanded it, because apparently a lot of the kids at school were having it done. Shortly after, it was made illegal even with parental consent. As I said, she stayed home quite a bit during that time.

Many do now. You can even get the ones with lace and embroidery on the cups.

They are completely flat and are not supportive or anything. It's just there for show.

Now. Yes. Would your mother had bought you a padded bra at the age of 9?

Hell, I don't think I would even have wanted to ask my mother for one at that age. The roars of laughter would have probably been deafening.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have no problem if you NEED a bra, a excuse like "can't show nipples while wearing school uniform" is acceptable, but if have nothing but molehills you don't need a padded bra, oh and their are stores everywhere that sell the unpadded kind, walmart, target, etc.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think its sad that children want to grow up in such a hurry. Childhood is such a wonderful time of life

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Obviously you were not beaten enough as a child.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL!
    I think kids have always wanted to grow up fast. The difference now if that parents let them.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I wasn't beaten at all. I was too cute.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Apply this line of thinking to the pageant thread :bugeye:

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I already noted that, none the less beatings were needed and deprived from you.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

S.A.M do you have children?

if you did, would you dress your little girl up like that?

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

%^&$ wrong thread

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol