Tesco accused over padded bra for 7-year-olds

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

The media and 'celebrities' have a major impact on youngsters and it is very difficult for parents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/14/ncelebrity114.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7296306.stm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

It's only difficult if you don't pay any attention to what your kids are watching on TV, do not decide what is appropriate for your kids to watch, and do not discuss with kids what they have watched.

Too many parents just sit their kids in front of a TV, so they can have a quiet life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The only reason why your seven year old is not developing sexual
    characteristics whereas her fellow classmates are, is probably because
    you have been careful in her diet, and she has not inadvertently
    been fed the hormones that makes mass produced meat so inexpensive.

However, if peer ridicule is making her life difficult just because she is healthy,
    buy her a padded bra for godsakes!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I just don't see it as sexual. The padded bra has more coverage. The next time you are in a store, go to the young girls section and compare. One is an abbreviated version of an undershirt and the other is an actual bra. I would think people would be more upset about the skimpiness of the other bras.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Why the big deal about it in the UK? Disney sells padded bras.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=200215788632&Category=63853&_trksid=p3907.m29

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

huh? screwed you up? Both my boys have had savings accounts since they were 5-6. Their grandpa doesn't beleive in buying them all kinds of toys
    because they have enough. So every occassion he gives them an envelope (yes no card another waste of money in his eyes) full of money. They usually keep some out to buy themselves something and the rest they put in the bank. My son has a paper route and his cheques automatically get deposited into his account. I think it is a smart idea to teach kids about money from a young age.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Me too! It surprises me that Orleander being a woman herself does not understand how bras work

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course anything with padding is going to make your boobs appear bigger than they are. Most of the padded bras they make today stand up on their own and barely require anything to fill them!

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why is skimpiness in clothes even an issue in seven year olds?

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Because here in America we sexualize our children.
    I think some people throw fits about what they read without ever going and finding out themselves.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

because it should be, i have a 14yr old daughter and i wouldn't even consider buying her anything like that when she was 7yrs old, and even now she is sensible about what she wears, she has only this year bought a dress that comes just above her knees

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My daughters skirts/dresses can't show underwear if she bends over. Otherwise its shorts and skorts. Those have to be at fingertip level.

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

ok, can you explain fingertip lvl?

-------------------

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Stand, relax (no hunching the shoulders up) and hang your arms down your sides. The clothing can't be shorter than where your middle finger lands.
    This is the dress code in my kid's schools. If you show up in something shorter, you get an adults XXXL T shirt thrown over you.

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

thats a good idea, my daughters school they are not suppose to wear anything to short, but they have gone lax on it and we see girls walking to school and when they bend over, .......well it leaves nothing to the imagination......and its wrong.......they walk to school saying to they're friend "My legs are freezing....." and trying to pull down they're skirts, and you just wanna shout somtimes "GO AND GET A LONGER SKIRT ON THEN" but its all down to fashion, and then the boys get yelled at for looking at they're legs, doesnt make sense to me.

which is why padded bra's are not a good idea for 7yr olds, they IMO encourage men to look at them adn they are after all just kids!

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think in that case I'd be more worried about the man than the bra.

How many here know of 7 yr olds wearing bras anyways?? I told my daughter I'd get them for her next year when she is in 5th grade.

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

some girls are more developed than others, especially now, girls seem to be growing up faster than they ever have

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

They also use the XXXL T-shirt on kids who show up in lewd shirts. The boys never really cared, so they bought a woman's XXXL Tweety Bird nightshirt for them.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh and to answer your question, i know women who have bought they're 7yr olds trainer bras, just because "well they have to get used to them at some point" but why sooner than later?

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

excellent!! i really love that idea!! and it works does it? it makes them dress better?

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

What about fat children? Wouldn't a padded bra give more support than the other style?

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no because a padded bra is for holding up everything while a trainer bra, (which you can get for bigger kids) will give more support