Terminal Velocity inside a Black Hole?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Daecon, Jun 17, 2015.

1. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

You did a wonderful marketing of one of the Professor's concurrence that time inside EH has no meaning with time outside EH.............Right ?

So now relate this dt_rain inside EH with your thinking and respond.....

And you can also throw some light on ...

"You are saying in a science forum that "non existence of singularity" is not evidenced and hence singularity must exist".

Stick to science not to some nonsense !!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Misquote, lie and troll all you like Rajesh, it's your nonsensical threads that have been moved, including this one!
    Do better.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Where is the misquote and lie in post # 21 ??

Why are you taking shelter in words ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Would it make sense to see any length contraction of an object inside the event horizon, relative to an observer outside of the event horizon?

The notion that inspired me to create this thread was that I was wondering if, to an observer outside of a black hole, objects inside the event horizon could be thought of as traveling at light speed (relative to the outside observer) and length contraction from every direction simultaneously shrinking the object into a point.

Of course, this was just a whimsical musing on my part, I don't expect such a notion to have any serious merit.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

We can't really compare time and space inside an EH to that outside.
    The best illustration of this is that time stops at the EH, although we never get to see this aspect, due to infinite redshift.
    Within the BH, time and space are said to swap roles.
    The following links may give you some food for thought Daecon until brucep pops in again.
    http://www.einstein-online.info/spotlights/changing_places

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/time-changed-inside-a-black-hole/

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

The event horizon for the Schwarzschild metric is a coordinate singularity. That means the coordinates at r=2M don't exist in reality. So what's really there is a light- like speparation between time-like space outside the light-like separation and space-like space inside the event horizon. Event horizon is a term used to say observers outside the event horizon can't know directly what happens over the space-like coordinates inside the black hole horizon. Anyway I'll let you look up the terms time-like, light-like, and space-like. It's interesting. So remote observers outside the event horizon can directly know nothing about events inside the black hole. What we can know about is what GR predicts for event paths inside the black hole. The rain coordinates that paddoboy linked recently is a metric that can be used for the inside analysis.

paddoboy likes this.