Tell me the procedure to take admission in UK, USA University?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by krishnaCon, Dec 23, 2014.

1. krishnaCon Banned Banned

Hello Friends,

Currently, I am studying Bachelor of Science in Australia. I need to get into best university for doing MS in USA. I really need to know the requirements for the Admission, about University, intake for fall in University. It would be a great help.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I think you will fail to get in.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TBodillia Registered Senior Member

Pick a college, head to their website and then look at what their standards are for accepting international students. Different colleges, different standards.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yazata Valued Senior Member

TBodillia's advice is very good.

Decide what universities you are interested in.

Don't just pick the big-names like Berkeley, simply because they are famous where you live. Foreign applicants to American universities often make that mistake. That results in a small number of schools being flooded with foreign applicants and hence being very selective about which ones they admit.

Try to be a little more sophisticated. Decide what aspects of your subject you would like to pursue at the graduate level. Then look at the literature. Try to discern where interesting work in your area of interest is being done. That's probably where you want to apply.

Look at the programs' websites. Who are the professors? What are their areas of specialization? What are the titles of the classes the department offers?

Determine whether the department even admits students whose goal is to earn an MS. Many University of California departments only admit students whose goal is a PhD, for example. Other departments, at equally prestigious schools, love MS students and welcome them with open arms.

Click on the 'admissions' areas of departments and schools that you are interested in. There will almost certainly be an area devoted to foreign applicants. That will tell you what you need to submit and what the detailed procedures are.

Be sure that you look at the fees that the school will be charging you. Many universities charge foreign students very high prices, seeing them as something of a money-maker for the university.

You will have to look at the government requirements for getting a student visa as well, if you intend to study on-campus in the US or UK. Another option there would be distance-learning, online classes. That introduces a whole new set of variables.