Telepathy: Thoughts & questions.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dinosaur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I feel sad for you if you think you have irrefutable evidence of telepathy, but think there is a conspiracy of skeptics with a mental block preventing them from accepting your evidence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I was going to move this thread when I got home from work, but, I see someone beat me to it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lakon Valued Senior Member

You feel sorry for skeptics ? That's bizzare.

You write reams and reams about .. you did this or that once .. you read these hundreds of books .. once ..

You are 100% convinced of psi. But for all the effort you go to, the reams that you write .. for all your exhortations to believe, there is one simple course of action available to you. Prove your abilities here. Many, including serious moderators, have asked you to do this, yet you never do. There is always some excuse. Why don't you do this ?

Another - assume that, in accordance with your exhortations, the majority of people did believe in psi, and developed their abilities in it. What would be the good of that ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Lakon,
    If more people understood the nature of reality then it would aid in quelling their own fears about the afterlife, as theories behind telepathy such as a mass consciousness would allow that possibility. It would also bring more people to the table attempting to comprehend the science behind telepathy. I do not thin of it as some magical process, as I am sure everything can be explained in science.

How else would I feel. It is sad to see. Not an exact comparison, but how do you feel if you meet a blind person?

The best way to do telepathy is with someone you are close to such as friends or family. I do not think I would get as eager a response if my telepathic target was Paris Hilton. There seems to be a mental call screening system. How do you think this would make it easy to do here? Are you my friend? Do I even know anyone here?

This "excuse" is pretty big, and I will REPEAT it again and again until you can understand it.

This is yet ANOTHER THREAD I DID NOT START, and although I do not mind discussing my familiarity and history with the topic it is not something I wish to engage in here.

There was a previous thread where a psychic experiment was going to be done between myself and one other. I began to PM the person who agreed to be the receiver, and then they posted messages like the one below stating that they were very biased so it was called off,
    I even had other support from other members when this member made it clear they had no intention of making the experiment fair. I had wasted a fair amount of time writing private emails, and attempting to get at least a photo of the receiver who lived in California. I was not getting responses.

So. Despite my care less at what you believe attitude I had previously agreed to send a message to someone who obviously was biased and even referred to me as "retarded". Not exactly the "Friend/Family" I suggest is needed to do such an experiment.

This thread was started by Dinosaur.

I maintain telepathy is very easy, and the best proof is to yourself.

Imagine a friend sits down at the same time as you every day and you take turns sending your day to them. This is the same method employed by Sigmund Freud who believed he could communicate distances without the need of a telephone. Now imagine; you not only describe their day in your notes, but you are extraordinarily accurate. Imagine if you could easily know what they did do. Now do that repeatedly and then do similar things for over 20 years. Now take that incredible knowing it is real and try to translate it into "probabilities" for others on a science forum. It does not work very easily. You are dealing with people blinded by skepticism who have never even looked at opportunities to attempt this. It is sad that what people have been taught discourages them from seeing reality.

So yes. It is sad that you are skeptic, and I do feel sorry for you.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Dude, yes it would be neat if there were telepathy, but there is no reputable evidence of it. If it were a real thing, there would be. Deal with it!

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

that's what science is, it's what it does, seeks logical and reasonable explanations.
    is it reasonable to assume that another person 10,000 miles away receive your brainwaves?
    its more reasonable to assume that human experience isn't all that unique.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

delete

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Says the crazy person.

12. tonia Registered Member

Hi, I've readed the newer posts and wanted to continue from my first post in the (Telepathy: Thoughts & Questions). The police guy Andrew from Chatswood police station (NSW) and in the same area as St ives Preparatory School, (grammar) where it had be reported by the couple who had been freak out, etc... had not called me at 7:00 pm on 14 Feb, (WA) to explain what happen and how it could happen and that's typically !!!!!!! In others words what's with vodafone ? Last night it had happen again but this time with me taking photo's of the laptop screen as proof !!!
    And I try to send message but account hadn't be paid by whatever ? These are the messages, (Reply my name's tonia and my mobile's 12345678910
    why is it that this has given me this mobile number and message when i live in western australia !!! could you please explain as i'm deeply puzzle and no i have not heard from the chatswood police station (what's going on ?). Plus Thursday, 14 February 2013 10:52:00 PM sending myself a message to see if it does work, why not !!!

13. Danger2 Registered Member

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

15. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Lol .. if I were a skeptic there would be nothing sad about it .. skepticism is good in all things. But I've never said I was sceptical of parapsychology. Rather, I'm bemused at your constant assertions of your psi abilities, etc, juxtaposed against your lack of backing it up.

What was that old saying about empty vessels .. ?

16. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Anecdotes about PSI are not evidence supporting PSI abilities. Anecdotes are merely evidence of self delusion, faulty methodology, or lying.

Telepathic ability would be easy to prove if valid. The method has been described. Give the transmitter several 10 digit numbers. Ask the receiver what they are.

BTW: If a receiver can read thoughts of others, he could make a fortune playing poker or other gambling games.

I am glad it does not exist. I love duplicate bridge which would not be worth playing if opponents or partner had telepathic ability. I would not enjoy winning or losing due to telepaths at the table.

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

You need to be in a proper setting. You need to realize, it is emotionally based. If the sender, or receiver is uncomfortable the telepathic line is broken, can be interfered with, or will can pick up static. On top of that, the receiver can lie and keep knowledge chained.

Faith firmly states telepathy is real. I would wish to be if we were telepathic. I have personal knowledge over this, by picking up the thought of someone close by, and playing a tune to it. I watch them react in step to the rhythmic pattern. This ability makes us omniscient, and gives us the will of man. People will die to keep godly men from knowledge over them.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

How convenient. It really, really works but it is impossible to test for.

What a freaking fantasy world some people choose to live in...

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

No, you just need to be me. Perfection.

I can get someone to respond verbally to my best thoughts.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  20. kwhilborn Banned Banned

@ Dinosaur,
    I am a very good poker player, although I do not consider myself a gambler.
    PokerStars Tournament #494277534, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $0.09/$0.01 USD
    There are websites you can simply enter my poker name in and see a list of all my games (good and bad), and I am certainly well above average if I try.

I only play small stake games for fun, and often while I work. This was a simple 10 cent game but I beat 360 players less than a year ago. Even in small stakes games you need to have some skill to beat 360 players. I have come in 19th place out of more than 12000 before as well. I have turned $1 into more than $100 as well. I have never cashed out as I use my winnings to keep playing and move to higher stakes games. I once won $240 by winning a tournament with a $4 buy in.

When you are playing you do go somewhat by feelings, however that could be your subconscious yelling the math at you. I am well versed in the mathematics involved and know a pair of 2's against AK is a 51% chance all-in, or that hitting a flush with 2 on flop is 40%, etc.

People can play for free at pokerstars.net You are not even allowed real money on the .net website. Playing tournaments is the best way to learn as the garbage players are gone in the first few rounds.

If I was in need I am probably good enough now that I could make a living at poker if I needed to, although I'd want "tournament indicator" and a few other programs that help calculate odds/outs. If I play with friends I purposefully play bad because I am much better than them, and aim to break even or lose enough to pay for my drinks.

@ Dinosaur still,
    I feel bad that you remain unconvinced, but I swear any example I have given is absolutely true, and I have seen it work in such peculiar and obvious ways. Please try it.
    I am unsure how to play bridge myself, but do not feel attempting to use telepathy in cards would be ethical, however you could try it to see if it works.

I am not getting paid to endorse telepathy here, and must brunt some fairly avid skeptics to answer your questions here. I know we argue on another thread, but I swear I have seen telepathy done, and performed telepathy where the results have been incredible. It would be a shame if your inquiry ended with this thread. The ONLY way I think anyone can become convinced in my opinion is by attempting this yourself. It is important to do telepathy, as it creates a wonderment about how it could exist and allows theories such as a global collective conscious that might breed faith in an afterlife or even god. I think that would be a nice view of life heading into old age.

Anecdotes cannot be self delusion when two or more people are witnessing the same results, and I am not lying. There will likely be 3 people that ever read this so It is not like I am trying to scam you or the world here.

I think the above listed reasons are reasons enough any and all should make concerted efforts to learn telepathy. It is easy. Find a friend and just do it. If you waste 3 weeks trying and nothing has happened (I doubt that), then you will have at least given it an effort and not relied on the opinions of others.

Your OP seemed to have a genuine curiosity. I am not considered a crazy person by any means. I am a retired Engineer with the ability you have just seen to beat at least 360 people in a poker tournament. I have also been the head production manager with a company and directly responsible for 50 full time staff and at least 6 temps per day in my area of the plant (It was a company called West Star, and I ran the $25 000 000 Bindery in Toronto, Canada). I do not walk around like a gypsy with a crystal ball in my hand. I also know several computer languages and am bilingual. If you met me on the street you would think I am a very serious person, and although I am happy have been accused of not smiling so much. I am a great dad to 3 children, and I can afford to give them all a down payment on their homes when they are older. I am telling you in all seriousness and on my mothers life, that I am completely serious with my belief that I have witnessed extraordinary results from telepathy first hand.

I tell you the above paragraph so you will see me as others do. I am seen as a responsible person. If you think I am delusional then that is fine, but I doubt I could have accomplished what I have with an authentic delusional mind.

This is one of the better books on the subject, however I tried to order a new one recently from amazon and even used copies are over $100. Yet online PDF's are free? Go Figure?
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/95854771/Harold-Sherman-How-To-Make-ESP-Work-For-You

@ Origin,

Try it, You'll like it. It is testable. Find a friend or family member and have at it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  21. Lakon Valued Senior Member

WOW !

You won $32.40 And there were 360 players, and the anti was one cent ..

WOW !

What about the others you entered in similar terms and didn't win ? Will you publisize those ?

I was having a very aggresive game of Manila with some very heavy ethic types over the weekend - got them for a couple of hundred

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I can watch a live new telecast. Get into some empathy. And send the newscaster a tune to a distinctive emotion, and he will move to it.

I can catch a face, clap out loud, transmit the sound and give him an audible, not just a thought and watch him react. I will get him to walk off set.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  23. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Beware of schizophrenia. I'm not sure what you are describing entirely but it sounds like you need to relax a little.
    Say to to the Universe "I don't need this. Leave me alone."