Telepathy: Thoughts & questions.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dinosaur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

but all so called psychic events have physics yet to be understood.. that's my point...
    if someone levitated that orange and managed to turn it into juice using only their mind , then there is physics involved that is yet to be understood. [ not paranormal or woo woo or psychic phenomena as some how distinct from the real and physical world..]

As I said I don't differentiate between psychic events and physical events. to me they are the same thing.

As far as that Earthquake thing is concerned if the trend continues as indicated in the government officially derived stats you WILL have to deal with it at some stage regardless of how wet the paint is...
    Just like Queenslanders are dealing with regular flooding and extreme weather and now we have tornadoes in Victoria... we all shall have to deal with it, can't avoid it...as what's his name Bob Dylan sang "times they are a changin" whether you stick your head in the sand or not...is irrelevant...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

You know Lakon, I have two beautiful kids and two gorgeous grandchildren with another on the way....and it breaks your heart when you see a graph like that.. it really does.
    Then they talk of Arctic ice melting from below due to the planet heating up from with in... and you know, it makes you look for a bucket of sand to bury your head in but unfortunately I can't find that damn bucket...maybe ...just maybe you can lend me yours for a while...
    Today, I had two very sensitive ESP'ers come up to me and question their experiences of recent regular hearing of vibrations and sounds of enormous dynamic coming from the ground. Sounds that no one else can hear, yet these two people are sharing the same extra sensory experience. They want to know what it is...either way they are terrified. [they know nothing about graphs or buckets of sand...]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lakon Valued Senior Member

And when someone manages to do this or something similar, absent of a rational explanation we can call it a psychic event. Let me know if / when you manage to do it - film it if possible. Science may subsequently work out that it was as a consequence of some mental energy or some subtler force, and then call it physics.

OK - that's you view and you are perfectly entitled to it. To me a psychic event is something not explained by current science. Such as a flying fork - off on it's own purely due to someones mental aberation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lakon Valued Senior Member

Look, I have to say, and I've been trying to indicate this for a while, and without sounding aloof - I have no inclination to enter into a discussion with you or anyone about the above. Doomsday scenarios are nothing new - they've come and gone throughout the ages .. and, I suppose, doomsdays themselves have come and gone too, for large or small portions of the earths inhabitants. What' new ?

I have not much of an idea at all about what you're saying, but if you want to sum it up in a paragraph or two and without it neccessitating the perusal of voluminous links, I would be happy to read it and get a summary of your belief and position in this matter.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I am not talking about doomsday type scenarios although it certainly could be looked at in that manner. The graph is about demonstrating a significant increase in frequency of major Earthquakes. Keep in mind that this planet is rather large compared to the impact zone of most earth quakes... It would take a huge increase before serious concerns about the planets future were to put forward. [re: planetary structural integrity]

The graph initially provokes just your sort of reaction as does most psychic phenomena...shutting down good objective assessments. Fear of the ramifications, a paranoia about what would happen if Psychic reality is proven tends to flood the mind with all sorts of bogey men.
    The issue with the Earth quakes graph is mainly that the cause of global warming is not CO2 or green house emissions etc but more about the planets core temperature rising. The governments know that the people can deal with green house and co2 as a cause but they know also that the people would not handle core temp, increases very well at all. [Cries of doomsday would resound every where]

It is easier, in this case, to blame ourselves [ human causation ] than to blame Mother Nature. The problem is that the advent of increased earth quakes is that my children and their children are going to have to live in a much more uncertain world than we did as youngsters. With increasing extreme variations on weather dynamics, seismic activity and the loss of Arctic ice could lead to a rather challenging future. It is a time for objective and careful consideration and not paranoid induced ranting.

[Again which is what typically happens when psychic pheno is verging on being evidenced as real and tangible.]

9. Lakon Valued Senior Member

OK

MY sort of reaction has been fear, paranoia etc, ? I don't thinks so.

Can't see your point here. What would you expect governments to do in such circumstances ? (That is of course, presuming what you're saying is real).

Again, what would you expect them to do ? Tell everybody to head for the hills / ocean / desert so they can be earthquaked there ?

And it's interesting to see that you claim the problem (if it exists) is due to natural causes rather than man made ones. I wouldn't disagree with that. Violent upheavals have happened in abundance throughout history and prehistory. Not much we can do about it. I happen to think that humanity has risen and fallen and risen, etc, over many millenia - but that's another story.

I can't see what earthquake activity (and as you say, natural at that) has to do with psychic phenomena and why you've continually tried to discuss it here.

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The issue is about objective assessment of the data and information provided. The Earthquake trend graph [ derived from government stats] is open to objective assessment...but due to the fear, as with psychic pheno, it can not be assessed properly here.

11. Lakon Valued Senior Member

OK. Still, if true (and I don't have a view if it is or not), they may well have already objectively assessed it and decided there would be no benefit in revealing it.

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Tell me what I'm thinking right.....now!

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

When was that?
    Was that before or after you posted? [chuckle]

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

She clearly asks "now" not "before" or "after"!

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I suppose that meant when she submitted the form. possibly she was thinking "how slow sciforums is.
    there is big difference between thinking and thought holding. And whether the thinking is current or past history.
    by the time I saw the post it was over 30 minutes...since posting...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The scientific definition of "NOW". If there was a time stipulated that is the "NOW" the origin on the Minkowski diagram otherwise the "NOW" is the line rising with time. Her thoughts are continually changing so there can be no one correct answer, for there have been infinite "NOW"s since asking the question. Yet at every "NOW" there would be one answer. Even a "NOW" could be so short it is not possible to have a complete thought in it. Like writing this sentence there is the past , the present letter being typed "NOW" and the ones yet to come. (But "NOW" all done, "NOW" all in the past.)

17. Lady Elizabeth Registered Member

Who needs telepathy, when the human facial/eye muscles and general body language display human thoughts and feelings?

I can walk into any room full of people and am instantly aware of everyones state of mind without even having to say a word.

18. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That could involve a lot of telepathy as well. How did you ever prove your claim?

19. Lady Elizabeth Registered Member

No telepathy, just perceptional intelligence .... ps;- my 2 sisters have this quality far exceeding my own - they can extrapolate from me in just a brief moment, exactly what's going through my mind.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

What are your thoughts concerning the obvious dramatically displayed pheno showed in this music video?
    [video=youtube;S4kzGhDEURA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kzGhDEURA[/video]
    What empowers the connection between the lovers?
    Why do people have any care about the pending death?
    If it was purely visual clues etc , why would we as humans value another life even if it means risking our own?
    How is empathy achieved in the clinical world of indifference.?
    Why do you care about others well fare?
    How is it you can relate to the message in the video at all?

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yeah well, you need it when you're not in the same room. If you want to communicate with someone who's on the other side of the planet for example, with no access to regular communication channels.

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

So what was I thinking?

23. Lady Elizabeth Registered Member

Can't do that one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!