Teaching Racism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Islamsmylife, Nov 27, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The first thing a "scientific" mind would learn is that race is a social construct.

Based purely on scientific methodology

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

I'll try to get you some more sources. In the meantime I felt that I should point out that scientific methodology proscribes that one does not rely on a presumption of the outcome but the data derived from controlled experiment. So your statement is inaccurate.

~Raithere

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. decons scrambled egg Registered Senior Member

An examination of racism would require a scientific methodology, especially if it strives with "the conviction that the process be objective to reduce biased interpretations"* of historical background and present conditions of a racist discourse.

But the social construction of racism only uses a scientific terminology while telling lies. A racist justification cannot employ an inquiring method, since it is predetermined to choose a side, story, and conclusion.

Scientific terminology and tools used by racist discourses, such as eugenics, are only one part of construction process.

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

9. Alexander8 Registered Member

Trying to affect the outcome is exactly what you are doing by suggesting that it is necessary to 'make friends' with those under scientific scrutiny.

Bigotry has nothing to do with this discussion.

It seems as though you are having a hard time separating emotional issues from scientific work.

10. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

Um no... the study involved putting people in different situations, observing them, and asking them questions. I don't know what the heck you're talking about.

I don't really consider sociology or psychology to be true sciences. However, it is possible to perform careful studies and observe behavior.

Not at all actually. But thanks for your concern.

~Raithere

11. mike47 Banned Banned

If all people follow the principles of humanism and pacifism there will be no racism left . Focusing on the real and truthful education is the main key to success int his field .