tattoo

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by arauca, Feb 6, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

Why women disfigure their body with tattoo ? It is ugly to see this on male .

Do male tattoo their body to show how though they are , is this to show machismo ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Tattoo's are put on for many reasons today not just for decorations. Many wear them in defiance of the "norm" just to be different. Some wear them to remember someone they lost or love to show their devotion for them. Ornamantation is another thing that tat's are used for because some people just think having them makes them "look" better. But overall it is to stand out in a crowd, expressing that you are different and showing that difference by wearing tat's anywhere. Todays tat's are very complex at times creating a mural on someones body that can take months or years to finish.

I had 2 on my forearms but removed them after wearing them over 30 years. Mine were to let people know who I was if I were killed in Vietnam because I heard that sometimes your body gets mangled up so badly they can't tell who you were but by having those tat's on my arms people could easily identify me if they only found my arms.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

Well you seams had a good reason, same as the prisoners in concentration camps. Otherwise is an mutilation of the body

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Promo Registered Senior Member

What do you care if I mutilate my own body? Why is it any of your business and how does it affect you?

8. arauca Banned Banned

Sorry is just a one public opinion

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's none of my business, but it's also none of yours if I think it's stupid.

Yes, machismo. We agree on something! Tattoos are ugly on women and make men look like posers.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I think tattoos had some sort of 'rebel' to them 25 years ago, but not now. Now people get them because everyone else is getting them. I sometimes even see baby boomers with fresh tattoos, and I suppose it's for the same reason - everyone else is doing it. I know some pretty old people getting freshly minted tattoos.

I personally don't think they look nice. Even when they do look nice, I end up not liking them because it seems like such a sheepish thing to do. Like those tramp stamps everyone was getting, now they look ridiculous. I suppose it's the same feeling you get when you see someone in their late 20s early 30s with a Justin Beaver haircut... I just think REALLY?! Do you really have to follow THAT trend?

I saw a girl with a really really beautiful face the other week with the largest greenest neck tattoo. It was a razor wire and chain combo. It looked cheap. The ink was really greenish, it didn't look nice at all (to me) particularly where it crossed above the top of her breasts - it had some ugly looking razors sticking out. She seemed, for all intents and purposes, like a nice cheerful young girl. Maybe 19 -22? Laughing with her workmates and somehow seemed carefree. Not like someone would get such a large ugly tattoo (at least not when I was in my 20s). She probably saw something similar on one of her gangster rape CD covers, did no research, went to the cheapest tattoo van and plopped down some money. With her olive skin I'm not sure if she could get it removed without leaving a scar? That sort of ugly tattoo gives a first impression of someone either too simple to think for themselves, too lazy to bothers doing some research on the person doing the tattoo (I mean, I could probably do this good), too cheap to pay a true professional and worse, someone with really bad taste in art - the LAST person who should pick out their own tattoo!

Tattoo removal business is big money and it's going to be a growth industry. If you need some small business to start up, I'd suggest trying to get a loan on the equipment and giving it a go

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lastly, before 'everyone' was doing it, I used to appreciate a tattoo on a certain type of person if it was somewhat small, had some relevant meaning and was placed somewhat discreetly. Not this billboard sized ugly tattoo. Why not just get a massive Justin Beaver mural on your forehead? You know you want to. You want to say, look at me, look at me, I am Sheep! Hear me Baaaaaa!

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what about if I get my ears pierced?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and there are women who get tats to cover scars, like that of a double mastectomy. Is that considered mutilation?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't care about mutilation per se, but you have to wonder about what sort of image people are trying to project. Tattoos have historically been associated with the fringes of society, the outcasts. Yet somehow now we have a whole nation of people trying to look like that.

14. arauca Banned Banned

You guys talk about evolution and individuality , but this society are imitators just like chimps

15. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Why do yall give a flip?
    ----
    do you have any "research" to back this claim?
    ----
    LmAo. So why are there "rebels"?
    ----
    IMownO Visible tat's/Tattoos are actually getting people "stereotyped", imo I am and so are others I know. Heck look at how you view us now.
    And the girl with the green tat may work at a tattoo parlor, or is "close" to someone who is. I know someone that worked at one. And he tried to show off the work you could get done. And someone that dated a guy there did the same thing.
    And There are tattoo shows and events you can attend. You may look them up online..

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Chimps, who are a product of evolution. And who have individual personalities.

17. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I have 14 tattoos and don't regret a single one of them. Each have very deep meaning to me as they each represent a significant aspect or event in my life (military, family, etc). I don't see my tattoos as disfiguration at all; I see it as a journal written on my skin - a story of a man who existed and has in many forms and through many life experiences. It's simply a chronical of who I was, who I am, and everything important in my life that encompasses that.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

These events were so significant, you have to keep reminding yourself of them?

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

They are an important part of my life which have helped form me into who I am today, who I was yesterday, and so on. I have great respect for the experiences of my life, and my tattoos are a form of expressing that respect for the experiences and the people who have been responsible for them.

20. Promo Registered Senior Member

21. Promo Registered Senior Member

I usually like most of your posts but this one is retarded. You are claiming people who get tattoos are sheep? Maybe if the masses all got the same style/design that would be sheepish, but people get a variety of ink done for many different reasons. I have over 40 tattoos and I enjoy all of them. I work for a very business professional company and no one knows I have them. Every tattoo is covered by a short sleeved polo and slacks. What’s the problem with that? I pay good money because I choose to have a great picture on me. No one told me to get it done, and to my knowledge no one has any of the same ink that I do. Before you start talking about people following “trends” you better be prepared to back that up by telling everyone here you’ve lived your entire life originally and have never seen someone do something a certain way and then you’ve never done that. I feel like you can’t make that statement.

22. Promo Registered Senior Member

Maybe its nice to be able to look down or in a mirror and get an image of something that made you really happy. Whats wrong with that?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because it make people look like clowns?