Taliban Target Pro-Western 14-year-old girl

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bowser, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Interesting enough, the accuser is now accused of the very same crime. There is some satisfaction to be had from this story.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Maybe they should toss him in a US prison and see how long his intestines stay in his stomach. To be serious, I hope he gets life in a safe prison somewhere in Pakistan so civilized human beings can use him as an example of mercy being shown to someone who would do far worse if the tables were turned. Still skirts over the core issue which is that Pakistan has such anti-blasphemy laws in the first place- the people responsible for making those laws should do the world a favour and go hang themselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You noticed nothing. I've often mentioned the difference between modern war and total war. Maybe not in this thread, but let's not try to avoid your own disingeniousness (is that a word?).

Actually, I do. I represent a viewpoint which is totally at odds with your own; this is not "nothing". It's a viewpoint. I wondered why the Muslims in Australia can get so hyped about a speeding fine, yet are nowhere to be seen when a girl wanting a education gets shot in the head. You, of course, interpret this is having no viewpoint. I understand why you do. I also understand you have no idea at all why I dislike you so intensely. In fact, there are many things I imagine you don't understand.

I will mention again, however, that a "troll" is one who says something with no motive other than to garner an emotional reaction. I would suggest that in order to defend your reputation as a literate man, you at least use a word in the sense in which it was intended.
    It would be clear to anyone, with an understanding of the word and its genesis, that I am not a troll.

Yeah. Well. Not quite what I advocate, but then I am well aware of your political aspirations. Or at least, I do hope you have some. I cannot imagine what else you would use this particular talent you have for spin, otherwise. I mean, seriously, Tiassa... you would make a most excellent politician.

Pretty much all of them. No, not really. Actually, yes, all of them.

Once again, Tiassa, you can't see the wood for the trees. I do have a tendency to write under the assumption that others already understand some basic precepts. In your case, I assume too much; you show such promise... and yet repeatedly fail under examination. I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. It does take exceptional type of person to see through you; and that type of person is in limited supply here. Take it as a compliment. You appeal to a majority opinion. It isn't a bad place to find yourself in.

Ohh, have they? Really? I eagerly await the results.

Isn't it strange how the "facts" tend to vary with a particular viewpoint.
    Alright, Tiassa. Let's play. Hit me with some "facts".

No. I'd expect you to be exactly what you are, rather than adopting the customs of others in order to ingratiate yourself with them.
    Anything else is dishonest and false.

It doesn't, actually. But then I don't walk down the street looking for a guy a beating on his wife in order to intervene and be seen as a hero, either. Sometimes you just see something and feel enough about it to interfere.
    You, of course, would just walk past and say nothing; because we should just tolerate everything, shouldn't we. After all, it's their "culture" and it has nothing to do with us.

Ever read about Kitty Genovese?
    She died.

Your take on that would have been something along the lines of "oh, that's really terrible. We should discuss this, and then perhaps in the future someone will come up with a plan, if we can all be reasonable about it. Now I hope no one will take me as being overly confrontational about this; instead, see me as something of a facilitator."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Speaking of $100,000 bounties...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19687386
    So has this guy been arrested yet for inciting murder? Not as far as I can tell. Maybe the police can't find his office? Again, this shows what a basket case Pakistan really is, that a Youtube movie is equally or more important than girls being shot in their own country for going to school. I think it's high time western countries disengage from them, no matter how many nukes they try to build, and respond with overwhelming force to any provocations by Pakistani soldiers or militants across their borders. Keeping the status quo will only buy them time to build more nukes still and bolster their attempts to hold the region hostage, whereas containment will force them to reconsider their attitudes.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't even need to contain them. Complete disengagement will sort 'em out.
    Imagine the interest the middle east would garner if its only claim to fame was a resource no one needed or wanted.

This is why the Americans are a problem; they're all about resources. Unfortunately, this also means that if those resources exist elsewhere, they're going to create all sorts of artificial scenarios in order to continue the flow.
    They say necessity is the mother of invention. This is largely true. The Americans delay necessity.

The only reason the middle east has any significance whatsoever in the modern world, is because the Wests desires are reliant upon it.
    Simple as that.

Their religion, culture, economy, problems and what have you would be relegated to "nobody gives a shit" status by simple dint of us not needing them anymore.
    They're little more than over-indulged children in that regard.

Wonder how long it would take for them to sort themselves out and become human if that were the case. My guess: "Not very long at all".

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

This sounds like Brazil´s "Bolsa Familia" which pays for its self immediately by moving the very poor into the "Cash Economy" instead of living by their own production on small farms. I.e. they now buy things in the nearest town, and the multipiler effect of that increased circulation on tax collection helps Bolsa Family break even but fact that the kids must also get their free vaccinations to collect, helps too as then the Free Public health services cost less.

I hope Pakistan has copied Bolsa Familia exactly. If so forcing kids to stay in school to age 18 to keep collecting ~$100 per kid (max of 3) per month will eventually pay back many times the cost of the program, as the G.I. bill did after WWII. Bolsa Familia is about 10 years old in Brazil now and has already lifted more than 20 million people, who lived outside the cash economy, up into the lower economic class or higher. The big pay-back will come when these now better educated kids move to the cities, get jobs there (instead of going to work with parents on the farm at age 10 or so) and pay taxes.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The conspiracy theory.
    America attacked Malala to make ordinary Pakistanis turn against the Taliban.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

too much risk to believe. She could have died and just been one of dozens of others killed by drones - making some more blame for the US, not the Taliban.