Taliban spokesman: We will win the war.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mikenostic, May 5, 2009.

1. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

They are one native people among many others.

Then why keep insisting that they're "foreigners?" Especially in the context of declarations about the inferior standing of foreigners to natives, when it comes to rights and lands.

You are, at this point, directing those comments at me, someone who has never denied that the Pukhtoon are a native people of Afghanistan.

And, again, if all you care about is establishing Pukhtoon nativity, why do you insist on also deriding the nativity of others? How is that relevant? It doesn't square with your stated goals.

But it does square with the Pukhtoon nationalist platform that the Taliban has been pushing since the 1990's. Indeed, your rhetoric appears to be culled directly from that source. Which is worrisome, given the history associated with it.

And all of the groups involved - as well as everyone else on earth - is ultimately of African ancestry.

Why are you drawing the nativity cut-off line at the Mongol invasions? The Pukhtoons themselves certainly came from somewhere else before that, and very probably displaced some previous groups (this being the norm in human migratory history). People didn't just spring up out of the ground there.

And why do you keep throwing this point at me, when I've never disputed it?

The rest of what, exactly? So far, what you've offered is rebuttals that aren't relevant to points that I never even advanced in the first place. So I have little confidence that what you think you're addressing has any bearing on me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

There seems to be a certain amount of confusion or game playing at hand. Why don`t you restate your points, so we can discuss this?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

There's no need: they're all archived right here in this very thread. Go back to post #275 and proceed from there, specifically.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Ah. OK. It looks like a misunderstanding. You are not denying what you are being accused of denying. Fair enough.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

My original post was directed against a false claim by another poster. It was directed against everyone in this forum.

Take of it what you will. I never stated one ethnic group is superior to another, racism is against Islam. Furthermore, that still does not contradict the fact that the Pukhtoons are the native people of Afghanistan, the same as the Scots being the native people of Scotland for example.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Taliban are not a Pashtun popular uprising, they are a terrorist organization that will and should be slaughtered. That is happening right now, they are being pressured from Pakistan, and they will be countered from Afghanistan as well by Afghani and American troops.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You were attempting to avoid dealing with the fact that the people who captured Kabul a few years ago included people from Pakistan, and financing from Pakistan, and training from Pakistan, and logistical support from Pakistan, and they brought weapons from Pakistan, and they fought with the people who lived in Kabul and the general area.

They had to fight the locals, because that was the only way to capture Kabul.

Apparently, to you (and possibly many Pashtuns including Afghanis), coming from Pakistan with military force is not "invasion". You and other Pakistani enthusiasts regard Afghanistan as a sort of appendage of Pakistan, soon to be united with its true overlords. The point is that some Afghanis do not want to be incorporated into a sort of Pashtun tribal auxiliary of the empire of Pakistan.

11. Roman Banned Banned

You mean the same as the Jews are the native people of Israel?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They're not. They are genetically clustered with Kurds, Armenians and Turks.

13. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

As mentioned earlier, the Afghani resistance comprising of numerous groups including native Pukhtoons, Tajiks, Hazaras, and Persians, the old Taliban are but one group in the resistance. The resistance has taken a form which is beyond the ideology of one group, it has become both a Nationalist and Islamic movement representing all classes of Afghanistan. The US have no hold in Afghanistan, this war will see them slowly lose their grip over Afghanistan. The US is not only fighting one group, they are fighting the whole of the population of Afghanistan. They cannot win.

Furthermore, all Muslims are united together and brothers. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Arabia, Iran, etc. The US wars in the region have done nothing but to increase unity among the people of this nation. The US invasion of Afghanistan and massacre of its civilian populations have done more for Afghani, Pakistani, Pukhtoon, and Muslim unity then any of these groups could do on their own. US actions are pushing the people of these regions together into unity of purpose against the occupations and machinations of the enemies of the Muslim world. To think that the people of the region are oblivious to the designs of their enemies is false. Muslims know exactly what they are up against. The further the US, Israel, India push into Muslim lands, the closer are Islamic prophecies being fulfilled. It is building hope and faith in the populaces throughout the Muslim world. The more Muslims are massacred, oppressed, and subjugated, the greater the yearning for Islam will become, the greater will be the movement for self-determination.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Like Sunni's and Shia's?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Yeah. Only Non-Muslims wish to exaggerate the differences. We read the same Quran and we have basically the same hadith. We also both refer to ourselves as Orthodox Muslims and have many mutual scholars. Not much difference really.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Really? So even a small difference in Islamic interpretation inspires all that murder?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But, enough to kill each other over the differences.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You should talk.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

And how can you be self-righteous about it? You are just as much a part of the American experience as I am. The American Society of Nutrition and The New York Academy of Sciences aren't in Mumbai last time I checked.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, and they were not bombing kids the last time I checked. In fact, they are feeding them.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm not bombing anyone either.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, just supporting the ones who do.

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Nothing the US has done makes the current schisms, conflicts, hostilities, and sectarian assaults between various Muslim factions any less than what they are.

Unless you are buying Diamondheart's "all Muslims are brothers" fantasy - or is that the goal of excluding so many bad guys from the ranks of "Islam"? I'm beginning to think I'm going to hear about the atheism of the House of Saud one of these days.

The rest of the people of Afghanistan were conquered by the Pakistan-backed warlord factions a few years ago - the Taliban (so called) was not welcomed peacefully into Kabul.