Swedish film on Islam :)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Apr 8, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Cool. Have the Afghanis learned to be more Dutch like?

What is Afghanistan called in Dutch?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How dare we challenge your assertions of nonsense based on nothing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What are you on now ? :bugeye:

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea and ? How does that indicate atheists ?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should send more troops, to make sure they lose their 5000 year old culture quicker and become more cool, like the oh so wonderfull Dutch .:shrug:

10. John99 Banned Banned

I am surprised the CIA didnt kill the author of that book. They did all that stuff and this guy cant have an accident?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wtf is wrong with you ? I just pointed out the correct type of tank

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

/flees from Dutch tanker, correctly pointed out.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:shrug: :crazy:

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The great majority of the military personnel "reeducating" the Afghans and Iraqis are thiests raised by theistic parents.

Get used to the idea. Almost all the people actually beating on Muslims are theists - even the large majority of the non-Muslim beaters are theists - and the worst of the perps are the most overtly theistic.
    Given your propensity to simply assign all evil to "the atheists" , regardless of its origins, its perpetrators' actual beliefs, or the relevance of them, I doubt you will have to wait long. (Truth, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder ? )

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

'Cause them nonbelievers have got to be "larned". Like in the old days! Them Euros larned all right even if we hadda kill 'em! Yup. They wuz happy enough bein' over there and not hurtin' nobody back around the 10th century or so, but we teached 'em that that jest wadn't right. Yep.

Which part of their culture? Where they treat women like crap? I thought that was only for atheists and unbelievers; but, if you're upholding civilization an' all, ya gotta have priorities. Yep. Pri-orities.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So the atheists are just along for the ride?
    The evidence!!!! It leads to the athiests!!!!

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Most of 'em not even along. It's a big convocation of monotheists, the Middle East - they come from all over the planet: Jewish, Muslim, Christian, etc, all together in one big brotherhood of believers.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm is that why the atheists are instigating more conflict through offensive caricatures? They are feeling left out?

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How many copies of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion are published in Muslim countries? You may feel free not to make cartoons of Mohammed, but when you force me to abide by your religious rules, that is too much. Should I also not eat pork?

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Hmmm - motive hadn't occurred to me. Quite possibly the feeling of being left out of all the action is a factor in the cartoon and movie business.

Along with fear of being included in all the action, as victim - always something to consider, when a bunch of fundies move into the neighborhood.

As far as instigating conflict - not directly. The actual instigation was of offense - the conversion of offense to conflict was others' doing. Not that they weren't reliable folks, in that matter.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, which sort of makes me wonder about the whole thing becoming such a popular series, wouldn't you say? No wonder Vilks was disappointed. Poor fellow, now he's combining the cartoon and the film hoping for a less tepid reaction.

Is there a law against publishing the protocols?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

They were hoping to reignite the Golden Age of Islamic Political Tolerance.

I don't think it worked.

In Saudi Arabia? Only the law of good taste. Is there a law against making the cartoons? Or Fitna? How about burning embassies? Is there a law against that? Is it legal on Friday afternoons? :shrug:

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ignorance is bliss.

Oh they made a film on Christianity so it looks like they are learning fast from the Europeans.