Sustainability Degree

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by eboarder2020, Mar 29, 2008.

1. eboarder2020 Registered Member

So im new to this forum but I just wanted to share something I thought was kind of interesting.There is a new type of specialized study that is starting to catch on and gain a lot of attention. The sustainability degree has gained much attention because of the publicity of negative impacts on earth's environment. The new degree is essentially the study of studying and solving future and current problems that the earth is dealing with. Arizona State University is one of the leading programs and this is the purpose of the degree:

I'm in no way a major in earth science nor am I a student at ASU but seeing that our world is facing some serious destruction this might be a very popular degree in the near future. I can see how jobs of tomorrow are going to want personnel that are proficient and intelligent when it comes to using the worlds resources more efficiently.

What do you guys think? Is this a new type of study that the next generation will be taking? Is this going to compare to the ".com" boom but instead a boom in "greener" technology? Im not sure what the study of sustainability will be but I'm definitely interested in where this is going.