Supernova From Experimentation At Fermilab

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Paul W. Dixon, Feb 28, 2001.

1. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Paul

I am sure you understand that in science the onus is on the claimant to back their arguments up. That includes citing references and not asking others to find papers by searching. A near imposible task without at least a year and Author of a paper.

Please provide the Author, year and preferably volume (assuming Nature) of publication of this paper you keep referring to. The one with the supernova below the chandrasekhar limit. There is no way Nature is going to do a paper search for me. I can not longer afford a subscription, I threw my back issues out a long time ago to make way for children.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTATION AT FERMILAB

Many, many thanks for everyone's kind interest in this emergent crisis.

Please note the December 7, 2001 Accelerator Update for the FERMI NATIONAL ACCELERATOR LABORATORY. The energies now given are in the range of 7.7E30 for luminosity and are thus at the higher end of the range of values for the Tevatron as measured at the CDF station.

May we request from the earnest readers of this SCIFORUM who have access to a comprehensive search engine in physics/astrophysics your assistance in locating in the journal Nature as well as in other Astrophysical journals the reference to the Type Ia supernova having origin in a stellar object of .7 solar masses. At the time of its discovery, this was a major finding.

It may be important to continue with this discussion until the very moment of supernova generation to at least demonstrate that as a species we were not totally ignorant of our fate and our final extinction.

All of the children will thank you for your kind assitance in these matters.

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.
    Supernova from Experimentation

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Dixie Cup ...

You keep referring to 'all of the children' and you've got me curious: Whose children?

Take care.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

What interests me is what Paul W. Dixon will do when the Tevatron comes on line and nothing happens. Will we get an apology or like many in this situation, will the rules and predictions change to encompass another scenario. Just wait until the <i>next</i> bigger and more powerful accelerator comes on line.

It's the nice thing about testable predictions like this. You can either die happy knowing you where right, or not.

Paul, BTW I did spend the better part of a day searching and reading Nature and other online journals to no avail. I even used to have a personal subscription to Nature (for 5 years) and do not remember any such paper on supernovae. On the basis you must have read something, somewhere are using that as a cornerstone hypothesis I would have thought you would have memorised the papers title, author and year of publication. That you have not makes your conclusions suspect as you may be mis-remembering something.

8. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIEMENTATION AT FERMILA

Many thanks for your all your kind interest in this most tragic concern.

As noted in the Accelerator Update, the 12 TeV and antimatter ant-proton Recycler are being brought into operation. Thus a higher level of energetics, as previouslsy cited, are now being brought forward at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory. Since the energies resident in de Sitter space are well-known, it has been requested that the astrophysicists at Fermilab publish a paper(s) which demonstrates the impossiblity of causing a transition towards de Sitter space thus generating a Type Ia supernova before preceeding with increased energetics in this reckless plunge into the unknown. Please access the Astrophysical Section at Fermilab to inquire in this regard.

Without children the future of all mankind is in peril. We thus have in the words of William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) in the Tempest, Act V Scene 1, 148 the voice of Prospero:

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
    As I foretold you, were all spirits and
    Are melted into air, into thin air:
    And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
    The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
    The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
    Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
    And like this insubstantial pagent faded,
    Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on, and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

During the Christmas vacation, I will peruse the computer files for the missing reference.

Wishing Everyone a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2001
  9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

<i>Since the energies resident in de Sitter space are well-known, it has been requested that the astrophysicists at Fermilab publish a paper(s) which demonstrates the impossiblity of causing a transition towards de Sitter space thus generating a Type Ia supernova...</i>

This is new to me. Could you please explain what de Sitter space is, exactly, and how a transition towards it could occur? My general relativity course didn't cover that.

Thanks.

10. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Paul W. Dixon ...

Appreciate the clarification re.'the children'

But confused by the quote's relevance.

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

A 5 dimensional hyperboloid

To be honest, I am also not sure what Paul means by this. De Sitter space is more to do with a possible Topology of the Universe. Might have to do more research into this.

12. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hummm ...

Hyperboloid ...

Humm.

Flat Space ...

Humm again.

Hyperbolic Paraboloid?

Interesting. No?

13. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Hmmm indeed.

Topology is not my strong point.

Hyperboloid, Hyper-Paraboloid, P'raps.

14. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERRNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTATION AT FERMILAB

All friends and colleagues: many, many thanks for your very kind interest in this most tragic crisis.

The references for de Sitter space are given in the communication of 03 - 04 - 01 10:10 AM, which is near the beginning of the thread on page 1. Energies now employed in the collider will be approaching 12 TeV in the progress towards the 33 TeV as indicated by the research groups working at Fermilab. Those energies now in use are approximately 2 TeV.

The energies of de Sitter space are very great and this fact is quite well-known by those familiar with modern cosmology. The fact that this research still continues with this realization in mind is absolutely mind-boggling. Should this research continue with the currently luminosity at 7.7E30 and beyond with the energetics at of 2E12 eV per cm squared per second thus yielding energies of some E42 eV per cm squared per second, makes supernova generation inevitable in the Einstein - de Sitter Universe, as it is now termed.

All the children will thank you for your kind efforts on their behalf else this great globe and all upon it will be utterly destroyed.

Wishing everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2001
  15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Paul W Dixon,

I started reading the start of this thread and got as far as this quote from you:

It seems I don't need to read any further.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

...But just for interest, I looked at what Fermilab had to say about your scenario and found this:

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

...and then I went back and read more of this thread, just so I can't be accused of not doing my homework. After reading a few pages of posts, I realised that Paul W. Dixon does not want to debate his theory. He just wants to use it as spam. As far as I can see, Paul, you haven't answered any of the queries or objections here. In fact, you've treated the people here as if they don't exist.

I think I shall do you the same courtesy.

18. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

By Jove, I've got it.

Paul thinks that the energy densities present in the Tevatron may be enough to <i>create</i> a region of De Sitter space, with associated Higgs Scalar Field. This then inflates.

This region of space would be effectively, a type Ia supernova.

All this from a possiblew observation of a Supernoa type Ia with mass less than the chandrsekhar limit and that the energies in the Tevatron are large.

Paul, I strongly suggest you post your hypothesis to one or all of,

news://sci.physics
    news://sci.physics.relativity
    news://sci.physics.new-theories

And related news hierarchies. There are active researchers participating on those groups with up to date information, possibly people working on the Tevatron. People like Ned Wright and 'Uncle Al' for example.

See you there my old mucker.

19. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

20. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENATION AT FERMILAB

Friends and colleagues: may we thank you for your kind interest in this most tragic concern.

A reference which may pertain to the formation of a transition toward de Sitter space could be found in the following reference which we have been unable to access due to time limitations, i.e., grading of examinations and term papers. This is:
    CRITICAL PHENOMENA OF THICK BRANES IN WARPED SPACE-TIMES. By Antonio Campos (Portsmouth U., Rel. Cosmol. Grp.) Nov 2001 599 e-print archive: hep-th/0111207 CERN Library Record

Those individuals who aspire towards careers in science may have somewhat unusual personality profiles in that they may strive for objectivity and to be both solid and steadfast. Thus they may seem unresponsive toward others even though all their efforts are focused on the welfare of all mankind.

A synopsis of this work has been forwarded to the: relativity science news group, listed above. They were also informed of the sciforums thread we are here embarked on.

All of the children now and always will thank you for your kind efforts on their behalf.

Best Holiday Greetings!!!

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

21. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Men have waited 2002 years and yet to see Jesus.

How long will men have to wait to see your beloved supernova?

22. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

All friends and colleagues: many thanks for your kind interest in this most pressing concern during a most difficult time in our World History.

A recent view of the Live Tevatron Status on the Fermi National Accelerator Webpage, has indicated that the luminosity has been increased from 7.6E30 to the reading of 10.166E30. This is 10.166 x 10 to the 30th power collisions per centimeter squared per second. This would indicate that there is an increased probability of forming a transition toward de Sitter space as they press forward recklessly into the unknown. The formation of a Type Ia supernova is the greatest possible tragedy a civilization can ever know.

All the children will thank you for your kind efforts on their behalf. Let us pray that we can a least come into the New Year intact.

Wishing everyone the Best of Christmas Cheer!!!

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

23. John Devers (AVATAR) Registered Senior Member

Hi Paul, it seems you may be keeping an eye on the responses here, if so you may want to place your topic in a thread on the biggest science forum in the world. (over half a million posts)

Click here <A HREF="http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/" target=new><FONT COLOR=blue size=+1> SSSF
    </FONT></A>

Tell me is it all to do with a certain amount of energy concentrated into a particular quantity of space/time?

Ps, Hi JR, thanks for that article.