Supernova From Experimentation At Fermilab

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Paul W. Dixon, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Steven23 Registered Member

Energy density at the point origin of the Universe

I would like to add to some points made earlier by Crisp and others in this discussion about comparisons of the energy density in the early universe and in the beam of particles at Fermilab. In a very readable little book called 'The first Three Minutes' by Steven Weinberg (Nobel prize in physics) he describes the conditions of the universe shortly after the big bang. The earliest he believes we can really describe is 0.01 seconds. At that time the temperature was 1E11 degrees K and the energy density was 21E41 eV per cubic cm.

The Fermilab beam is made of bunches of protons and antiprotons traveling in opposite directions. The highest energy density in the beam is when one bunch (2.7E11 protons) overlaps with a bunch of antiprotons (3.0E10 antiprotons). The length of a bunch is about 8 nanoseconds which at the speed of light is 240 cm long. Some of these data come from the reference in my earlier post, but the others came from other spots on their website. They are able to focus the cross-section of the bunches down to 0.015 cm by 0.015 cm. The better the focusing the more interactions there are between the particles. The energy per particle is 1E12 eV (1 TeV). Paul Dixon's value of 1.8 Tev is correct for two particles colliding head-on before the upgrade (0.9 + 0.9 Tev). Since the upgrade the values are now 1.0 + 1.0 TeV.

So the energy density for two colliding bunches is 3.0E11 particles times 1.0 TeV per particle divided by the volume (240 cm * 0.015 cm * 0.015 cm).

Fermilab beam: 5.6E24 eV per cubic cm.

Early universe: 21E41 eV per cubic cm.

The energy density of the early universe is over 17 orders of magnitude larger than the Fermilab beam.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. papa_smirf Registered Senior Member

What an idiot..........

Why do people keep on replying to this nut? He doesn't answer our questions and mixes unalike quantitative measurements to come up with huge energy densities! Paul doesn't even understand superconductors! Stop trying to oppose him. Join my movement instead. It's the "Put Paul Dixon through High School so he can someday get a PhD maybe."

May we thank you for your kind attention in this most salient matter. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! lol

I'm sorry, but after reading all three pages of this threads non-sence I couldn't help myself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I feel better now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I said, "Self you're not going to do this" but lost the good sense I thought I might have had. This is what I was refering to as a one horse merry-go-round with the seat already taken.
    I've noticed that Paul usually comes on the board late when not many are there and makes his posts. In the morning he's not there to answer any questions but new stuff is there to be read. Doesn't smack of I really believe this stuff.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIEMTATION AT FERMILAB

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIMENTATION AT FERMILAB

May we thank you for your very kind interest in this most salient and urgent matter.

In the most ancient days, it was thought that there were a series of concentric spheres on which the heavenly bodies were fixed. We had then the the system of epicycles which saved the phenomena of the retrograde motion of the planet Mars in relation to the oribit of our planet. Following this were the observations of Johannes Kepler whose system of laws predicted the motion of the planets and comets with great accuracy. It was then after these great discoveries, that the inverse square law of Sir Issac Newton provided an explanatory framework for observational astronomy. It was not then till the work of Albert Einstein with modern Einsteinian physics and advanced observational astronomy that the image of the universe changed from that of a tranquil, distant and immoveable realm to that of violent universe where the possibility of a nearby supernova extinguishing all life on earth would now be considered possible.

As we are now within some orders of magnitude of those energies thought to be extant at the point origin of the universe,
    it well behoves us to proceed with extreme caution in the violent Einstein de Sitter universe as it is curently termed. Please access Luminosity Upgrade Project at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory with John Marniner as Director <mariner@fnal.gov>. The massive construction of the Main Injector, as well the cryogenic implementation for electromagnetism will not yield only 2 TeV which was already the capacity of the Tevatron before these additions where brought forward. The director of Fermilab was severely attacked in the scientific literature for not bringing the Tevatron up to its full potential from 1.8 Tev to 2 Tev in the precryogenic mode of operation.

All the children now and for all the future history of mankind will thank you for your most kind efforts on their behalf.

Every best wish,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.
    Supernova from Experimentation

Last edited: Jun 20, 2001
  8. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Duracell

Hi all,

A very fine history lesson by Paul Dixon, but as I see it, completely irrelevant to the discussion. I think it has been widely accepted that just plain "living" is a danger business (eventually leading to death in some way). We do have the capability to blast ourselves to cosmic dust, but I do not think the danger lies in:
    a) Supernova's happening anywhere nearby somewhere in the near future.
    b) Accelerator experiments.

That's why I have another question for Paul Dixon to file in his "unanswered questions" archive: Do you have an idea of what happens in high-energy collisions ?

Apart from the fact that they are high-energetic - which is quite relative anyway. As Steven pointed out the energies are some 10^20 times smaller than the energylevels at the beginning of the universe - not quite exactly what I would call "we are now within some orders of magnitude of those energies thought to be extant at the point origin of the universe".

Bye!

Crisp

9. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

May we thank you for your very kind interest in these most pressing and salient matters.

The current work at Fermilab indicates that the first measurable luminosity of proton and antiproton collisions is now coming on line. (Please note: Accelerator update) Since the Main Injector is now being used for this stacking procedure, it should not be long before those energies are reached which will form a transition towards de Sitter space thus releasing the force of a supernova upon us.

The energies employed by the accelerators are those found only some trillionths of a second after the "Big Bang" at the point origin of the universe as described in the scientific literature . The energies resident in de Sitter space are given in the communication of Paul W. Dixon, 03 - 04 - 01 10 AM, in this series of communications.

Those energies now coming on line at Fermilab are then conceived of as a trigger for the release of those vast energies resident in de Sitter space which, as indicated in the aforementioned communication, are already pre-existent as now shown in mainstream modern cosmology. This triggering is via the penetration of the large but classically defined potential barrier towards de Sitter space.

May we thank you for all your kind actions on behalf of all the children now and in all future time.

Every best wish,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2001
  10. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

SUPERNOVA FROM EXPERIEMENTATION AT FERMILAB

May we thank you for your very kind interest in this most critical area of concern.

Please access the," Accelerator update," on the Fermi National Accelerator Webpage. You may there view the ongoing
    collisional energetics of the Central Detector Fermilab (CDF). Please view the live events of the CDF Beam Edge View. Here we see a reading of the transverse actions on the relativisitically defined beam. Thus we see Eta, the angle of scattering/outgoing hadronic particles (pink) and electromagnetic energy, summed in GeV (billion eletron volts). The review of these energetics showed a variation from some 1.60 GeV to 82.35 GeV in a ten minute observation period. We note, therefore, a variation of some 51.47 x during this brief observational period.

It may, therefore, be hypothesized that the intrusional event from de Sitter space should be a monopolar jet, where scale, according the astrophysicists from the Mauna Kea, Hawaii observatories is of no consequence with energies of this magnitude. Please join with me in these ongoing observations in the monitoring for supernova generation at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois. May God have mercy on us all!

Your kind actions in response to this public endangerment will earn the gratitude of all mankind now and in all future time.

All best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2001
  11. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Underestimate

Dear Paul,

Actually what you are seeing in these graphs (lego graphs at <A HREF="http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring/live_events/cdf_live.htm">CDF Live data</A>) is the angular distribution of the energy deposited in the detector. The peaks you see there are nothing more than the total sum of the energies of collided particles measured in a small volume of the detector. To get the total energy deposited, you'd have to add up all the peaks, leading to far higher energies than you proposed in your communication.

Phew, for a few seconds I thought the Tevatron TeV-accelerator was only producing particles with a couple of GeV's of energy

Bye!

Crisp.

12. SPHINX Registered Member

WHAT THE HELL ARE YALL TALKING ABOUT

xxx No seriously what are you guy's talking about i want to know.

13. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

It's all in here somewhere

Hi Sphinx,

Paul believes that the elementary particle accelerator at the Fermilab laboratory will create an explosion that is comparable to a supernova, based on the fact that loads of energy is crammed into a tiny volume (and that this would rupture spacetime). Most of us disagree.

Bye!

Crisp

14. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

May we thank you for your most kind interest in
    these gravely salient matters.

As expressed in previous communications in this thread, the high-energy condition is well known to those cognizant in the area of relativistic cosmology. It is termed de Sitter space. The postulation, here brought forward, is that the concentration of energy found in the Central Detector at Fermilab (CDF, as it is increased, will inevitably create those conditions necessary for breaching the classically defined potential barrier towards de Sitter space. These conditions at Fermilab are approximately equal to those energies found at the point origin of the Universe, i.e., the Big Bang.

To view this see: http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring/live_events/cot.html

Thank you for assisting us in monitoring for supernova generation at Fermilab in the form of a large transverse jet (under this postulation) for the generation of supernova via an intrusional event from de Sitter space (the pre-existent high-energy condition).

All best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Paul,
    You have used the term de Sitter space in every post. This time three times. If you expect that anyone will take you seriuosly you will have to answer some questions from the forum. Being as I do not have the background you will have to bring me up to speed so to say. So please start with an explaination of de Sitter space. The link you provided in your last post is a pretty picture. Care to give some text to it?

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Paul,
    You have left no choice but speculation as you refuse steadfastly to answer the forum questions. I see from the Internet that you have been at this particular drum beating since at least 1997. You have appeared on a few “wacky TV shows” to express your alarms. But you’re not a physicist. You’re a psychologist if I’m right. Now you have been at this long enough to know that the de Setter Space you talk of is mainly described in mathematics. Mathematics complex enough that fully 80% of the population will not understand it. Very possibly that is the low figure. Now Paul, that means that most likely you don’t either. Is this the reason you will not answer questions? That in spite of the length of time you have been doing this and not just at this forum, that like the rest of us you don’t have it down yet? You even have a web site set up for whomever wishes to look. Consists of much the same hokum. Excerpts from who knows whom, taken out of context, to support what you say. But nothing concrete or real.
    I give you credit, you really know how to play people and given your background you should. You slip in every few days and make a quick post to keep it at the top of the list but still no answers are ever posted. Mysterious stranger with inside knowledge? From where, one of your patients in Chicago?

Below for our readers is a small sampling of page after page of these type of forumla used to explain de Sitter and Anti-de Sitter Space.

17. kmguru Staff Member

Paul:

As a psycholinguist at University of Hawaii, you know that using language to confound smart people does work. If you are writing a thesis on the subject or teaching students, do not wait for the end result.

This is the end result. Some of us figured out your game, others get sucked in to it, and still others do not give a hoot. There is a word for it: Psychobabble

I was asked to review this thread by a fellow member. I was able to discern from the very first page of the posting what you are upto.

Good Luck my friend.

18. gweeds Registered Member

We're Still Here

Paul,

We're still here, so I guess Fermilab hasn't run its experiment yet...

Anyway, wouldn't high-energy cosmic ray collisions have produced higher energy densities near Earth many times in the past? Some cosmic rays reach much higher energies than Fermilab's experiment.

And, if Type Ia superenovas are due to alien physics experiments, how come we don't see then starting at Type G stars?

19. kmguru Staff Member

Hello Paul:

There is a sucker born everyday. If you want to engage, I do not mind. It is fascinating....

20. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Space UK TV Programme

Strange you should talk about this supernova machine. It features heavily in the first of a new TV documentary series just started on UK TV. It's called Space and is hosted by Sam McNeill (Red October etc). I have just watched the first episode - brilliant! Watch out for it. Oh! by the way, the experiment works, we saw it on TV.

21. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

Your kind thoughts and understanding in these matters are most gratefully appreciated.

The highly energetic conditions of de Sitter space in the equations derived by Willem de Sitter from the General Theory of Relativity have been published in the most internationally respected journals, Science and Nature. These results are cited with the references in the communication by Paul W. Dixon of 03 - 04 -01 10 AM. The topological interface between the extended tensor of our continuum with the extended tensor of de Sitter space indicates that our continuum is cobordant at each point in the continuum with de Sitter space. It is, therefore, only an empirical question as to whether the energetics now coming on line with a colliding beam (Please note the Accelerator Update for Fermilab) this July 28th, 2001 will effect a transition by breaching the classically defined potential barrier to the highly energetic conditions of de Sitter space thus releasing the force of supernova upon us all.

This now is some 25 years that this effort has been underway. Twice we have gone to Fermilab to picket.

All of your efforts will be of the utmost historical significance for all of the children now and for all future time.

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2001
  22. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Space - BBC TV Series

THIS HAS BEEN MOVED TO ITS OWN THREAD

I dont pretend to understand physics or quantum thingies or relativity. I am neither a scientist nor an astronomer. However, I have just watched the second in the series of "Space", with Sam Neill, a BBC documentary, which I recommend to you all. As soon as you can, watch it - it is an eye opener to us amateurs on this fragile planet we call Earth. In this second programme (UK spelling!) Sam explains how the Earth is like a ball in a giant game of luck! Not only does the Earth spin around the sun, which rotates about the galaxy, but the sun also rotates up and down - every 30 million years or so it passes through the densest part of the galaxy - and the dangers increases proportionately. If you like, you can describe the suns galactical path as a corkscrew. The sun and our solar system last passed through this dense region one million years ago BUT, the dislodgement of the outer sphere of tons of debris which coats our system, takes a million years for it (as comets) to reach the inner system! Therefore, we can expect, within the next 200 years, according to an eminent scientist, something WILL hit the Earth! In the programme it was explained that we must be doing something NOW to try and achieve some sort of planetary defence system. Also explained in this second episode, the dinosaurs were wiped out during such a phase, and there have been at least 20 "civilisations" before that!! Should a comet the size of Schumaker-Levy 9 hit the earth - all life would have been wiped out. As we all saw in the 90s; the explosion on Jupiters surface was actually bigger than the Earth. As it happens, and has happened since the solar system began, Jupiter has acted as a giant vacuum cleaner, sweeping up the comets of sufficient size, before they enter the inner solar system. But our luck, and it has been luck, will one day run out and Jupiter will miss one!! The Earth, when it was forming, was hit by a molten object the size of Mars; it nearly decimated the planet - but didn't! More luck! The resulting explosion released thousands of tons of rock as asteroids into the system - most of which Jupiter ate up. The remainder can be found in the asteroid belt. The moon was born of this titanic detonation. More luck - as the moon is instrumental in our existence and survival. The universe has thrown all it can at us in an effort to wipe us out, so far we have been lucky!! But in order to survive, our species has to learn, now, how to defend the planet from debris - or we will all perish. I look forward to the remainder of this programme with interest. It looks like we are riding a giant roulette wheel and pretty soon, something is going to throw the ball in! Should any of you get the chance to see this programme for yourselves - I thoroughly recommend it!

looks upwards!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2001
  23. Paul W. Dixon Registered Senior Member

May we thank you for you most kind attention to this vital concern

According to the Accelerator Update for the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, the Tevatron has achieved the second highest luminosity to date where luminosity is defined as the total number of particle interactions per unit time.

What is underway is the discovery of those particles still left missing in the Standard Model as it is now termed. Various predictions regarding the tau quark, the graviton and supersymmetry - with the Holy Grail of the identification of the Higgs boson are the goals of the current series of investigations now underway with Run II at the Tevatron. Though these results are of importance to the work of theoretical physicists, the increment in energies necessary for these discoveries are sufficient to breach the classically defined potential barrier towards de Sitter sapce. Since the very high energies resident in de Sitter sapce are well-known to these investigators, it may well be the height of hubris (arrogant and wanton pridefullnes) to continue with these investigations to advance their own interests (e.g., Nobel Prizes). and by this course of action place the entire world at risk of certain destruction!

Your kind actions on behalf of all mankind are gratefully appreciated.

All best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Paul W. Dixon, Ph.D.