Suicide

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by notme2000, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

I cant believe I havent seen this post...

Ahh suicide. Life's paradox. If your life sucks, go for it. If your life is good, consider how bad life is for so many other people.

If you live in a culture of ups and downs, there will be winners and losers. Its too bad that the tables are weighted in a way that there isnt really a level playing field for everyone to live on. If you want to commit suicide, put an UNloaded *(important)* gun to your head and just think as you pull the trigger. You will not exist.

Oh the nights that I weep and laugh as I wonder about this wonderous thing. 'To be, or not to be." Its so fucking great! I must say, Russian Roulette is the ultimate game.

A couple of months ago, I truely came to the realization of: "I exist." I cannot explain this feeling, but I think I would have to go with life, just not in America....... or any Western country for that matter (thats a different topic though)

Bottom line: Instead of killing yourself, kill an animal (I know this is wrong), and stare at it for two hours straight. You will realize that it will never again THINK. It is gone, forever. So will you. Forever.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

No. Even if I were to fulfill my meaning, what would it matter? I shall be nothing soon. Why care if I fulfill some set goal?

Slacker:

Yes. For me, suicide would be submission, and I do not submit to anything. I will fight even if it means nothing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Why NOT care?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

You are born, you live a while and then you die. It's while you're alive that you have a choice as to what to make of it. If you think it's not worth trying since you'll be dead soon anyway, fine, but you have no bitching rights... I for one live my life to the fullest every day and do not fear death at all. If I were to die now, I'd be dying happy.

8. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Exactly, I hate shrivelling fucks who dont understand death.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

How nice for you. I'm sorry that your life means so little that you'd die happily.

How anyone can think that way and not be suicidal is beyond me. When I think of all the things I do not know, when I realize that I will never know them, when I think of everything I shall never do....the thought of death drives me insane.

10. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Why waste your life wishing you had more of it? Seems like a waste of the precious time you DO have...
    I understand completely. The trick is to focus on doing what you can. You are limited, you have boundries, not because you lack ability, but time. Accept this, and work with it the best you can.

11. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Why stress over death? It is inevitable why waste time worrying about it? Why sacrifice your moment for an end in the future?

I agree why waste your last breath on fear?

It is only through the acceptance of the ever changing nature of reality can we ever find any stillness. Once you can find stillness in motion you can start to live.

Why suffer?

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Stillness is stagnation.

Why stagnate?

Why not challenge the world, and live a real life, instead of one of wretched contentment?

13. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Stillness in motion. Not stagnation.

14. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Why not contently challenge the world? The 'stillness' we are talking about is not of body, but of mind. Go after all your dreams, with a passion, no one is stopping you from doing that. But remember, the journey is it's own reward. Without the journey, the accomplishment would mean nothing. Always be content with what you have. That doesn't mean you can't strive for more, just don't NEED it, because then you are dependant on it...

15. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

It is that need that caused needless suffer. Still there is a need to "still" the emotional snow storm. With out clearing it up there will still be much suffering. How can you experience your innerself if the snow clouded your mind?

16. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

One could argue suicide IS "stilling" the snow storm.

17. moonman Registered Senior Member

I can't wait untill I die, I'm curious about what will happen.

BUT, I think I have a whole lot experience before my time is up. Since it's FAR from granted that anything atall will happen after I die, I wouldn't want to miss anything cool here on earth. Like witnessing a nuclear winter.

18. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

No it is "killing the snow strom". There is a difference between stillness and nothingness.

19. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Then one could argue nothingness is better...

20. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Nothingness it to not exist. One could argue that shoving pine combs up you ass would be the best thing in existance. To them it would be, each to his own.

21. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

If I were to chose nothingness I would not have to argue a point, know what pinecones are, or stand the feeling of existing anymore. It all depends if you have a reason to stay. I do. I only have one life, so I might as well experiment with it a little before I go.

22. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

LMAO what if it turned out there really is an after life after all....

23. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

It would certainly make suicide a pointless act.