Suicide

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by notme2000, Dec 15, 2002.

1. DaMenace123 Registered Member

Re: WARNING 18 CONTENT!!!

Does anyone else find it quite sad that they are sticking tubes into his head and whatnot to try to keep him alive. Not only is it clear that he wants to die, but no one would want to continue living in the state he is in. It really shows how people naturally cling onto life and value it so highly, acting as if they are right, like theirs is more than an opinion.. Oh well. One day they will die too.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. doom Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: WARNING 18 CONTENT!!!

It angers me no end how people are kept alive like this.

Imagine for a moment that you were involved in a very severe accident where you lost your arms,legs,eyesight,hearing and speech,but the doctors "fix" you up to continue living in this state,and your mind is in perfect condition so youre fully aware of yourself,
    tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT IN THAT????

Im damn sure this happens too.

Theres such thing as killing someone for a good reason,and that would be it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I have been thinking about this one for the last couple of days and I realized, it was incomplete.

Those who force there hand suffer.

Neutrality as a state of balance, a calm state where opposites may emerge with out losing your equilibrium. Meaning you can still be you but you don't freak out because you have become mellow. That is how I would see it. Though I am not a monk.

It is our nature to evolve, the human phyche does the same (unless one desides to resist it). Humans develope the abillity to go beyond certian instincts, there mentalities change... Of course if I like the color blue then I will be prone to the color blue. Preference makes up a large part of the decision process. Allot of times people can get pretty caught up on this. Ever heard that humans define themselves by suffering, ironicaly only because they prefer too. A self destructive state to be in, be careful where you look when you walk you just might end up there. Those who look for trouble find it.

Well you could say that depression was the direct cause of there suicide. The suicide was a way to end there suffering, this is of course assuming where they will end up after the act is better then where they (Whether they will end up any where at all). Like I said suicide is an act of desperation and hope. Though at times that decision can be based on a false notion, a lack of understanding or a lack of will. The lack of will is something allot of times over looked, though it said it takes will to commit suicide. Will is the trickiest part, will can make you suffer like nothing else or it can make you rise above anything. It all depends on where it is place.

Allot of times people forget that it is ultimatly they who heal themselves. Help can make it kind or arduously difficult, depending on the circumstances. The best of circumatances could be foresaken or the worse can be defied. It all depends on where your will is.

Psyhcology is only empty book knoweldge when it comes to the human face of a situation. I agree that the training would have great use in understanding the situation, but it bears on the wisdom of the individual to succed. I have met respected psycologist who could tell you why you think what you think but they could not even help themselves. With out the internal work pyscology is like mistaking the map for the terrain.

To be peacefull and happy you do not rquire external support. Many have spent there lives searching for a constant in this world, but that is not the goal. In the end they are searching for that internal balance by looking to hold onto something. If you are looking for something to hold onto there are many things that could be suggested. But they are worthless with out an internal balance, with out balance in ourselves we live in hysterics and suffering.

I am reminded of an old buddist story. You have probably heard it before, but here I go;

Siddhartha(Buddha) had left behind his life as a prince and entered into a group of monks/yogis who have pleged to not leave there forest untill they attain enlightenment. So for five year Siddhartha lived with these men. The thing about these men was that they attemepted to forgo everything to attain enlightenment. They meditatated obsessively and ate nothing but mudbroth and bird droppings, only drinking from the rain and never bathing. Like I said this went on for five year, untill one day Siddhartha was meditating by the river. He soon overheard something from a passing boat. It was a father teaching his son to play the Sitar, "If you tighten the string to much it will snap, if it is to lose it will not play." At that time Siddhartha realized how foolish he had been. When he returned to his comrades to share his realization, they then came to believe that he had now strayed for the path They then turned there backs on Siddhartha. I belive this is where he realized, "If one does not meet equals on your path, then it is best to walk alone."

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.