suicide

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by BigHead, Apr 4, 2011.

?

can anyone anywhere benifit by your being alive? a posative word? a helping hand?

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. maybe

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I dont care about anyone but myself

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Amazingly, suicide is still illegal in Canada.

You know you live in a gulag state when youre not even allowed to not exist.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If you are dead how can they arrest you for killing yourself? :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Carcano Valued Senior Member

They cant...but if you jump out a window and survive the fall you can technically be charged with 'attempted' suicide.

Of course, that would be hard to prove wouldnt it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I can think of a lot of positions one could find themselves in that would make killing yourself damn near impossible. What's wrong with being put to sleep in a humane dignified way by a qualified medical person with special training and legal status to do so?

I can also picture many people wanting to die but not able to commit suicide for personal or religious reasons, but could let someone else do it.

Hey, if someone is capable and able and really wants to go, there is no way to stop them. However, if they have concerned family and friends, that know something is wrong, maybe help can come in time.

8. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Penalty is death!

9. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I'm kind of torn about medically assisted suicide myself...not that I don't think a person in pain shouldn't have that option.
    What I'm just afraid of is that it might morph into more of an expectation that the people around you have if you're really being a PITA...or even worse, a financial burden. Bring money into anything, it can get ugly.

I also worry about, in our country anyway,the for-profit medical system. Insurance companies' profit margins go up if you die not having used all available options:

(think telephone rep here)
    " Well, we at Insuro-Corp won't cover this 'experimental' 100,000-dollar procedure that's been on the market for ten years and would probably save you...but of course you can appeal...while you're in screaming agony...

And we just wanted to remind you we're always happy to cover a 50$ overdose of opiates to 'ease your passing!'"

"Thanks again for choosing Insuro-corp and have a great day!"

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Those are valid worries and you are not the first to use those as a reason why we shouldn't allow euthanasia when it's really needed. However I find that to be totally bad thinking. I just don't see any reason why a good system with very good checks and balances can't be implemented and closely monitored. I think it's truly barbaric to allow unnecessary suffering because of fears about something that might happen at some future time. As humans we need to be better than that.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...I suppose.

Basically I think suicide should be decriminalized, certainly...and being a sick person, I'd like to see a nonprofit health system, period...

If I were terminal with something painful, I 'd certainly want morphine. MMM, morphine. When they plated my arm back together I was given that post-surgery.
    Niiice. I saved half of the hydrocodone for migraines, too.
    Being terminal means I don't have to worry about getting hooked!
    Yay!

12. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Were all terminal, some just sooner than others and addiction is only a problem if you run out and can't get more. Although from some points of view that might be a good time to die. Or a good way to die if you have some to spare.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

No dude, it's come to may attention there are a few SF members who use translation tools so they can participate. If English speakers can't be bothered to spell and capitalise correctly, they make it harder for people to follow them, and to be honest I find it rather arrogant of such posters, that they think they can disregard the rules that make the written word easier to understand, and that their fractured prose is worth struggling through.

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I think this life is highly overrated. What do you say about starting a new Heavens Gate and commit collective suicide? I got white sneakers ( with pink details).

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Sure. But you first..

16. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I tend to agree with you. When you consider how many people read these posts, bad grammar and spelling shows a lack of respect for the readers. However, everybody makes a typo that gets by them once in a while. A single misspelling shouldn't generate a lot of flack, which can also disrupt the topic as a whole.

17. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

How about a suicide concert in an airtight room where everybody gets gassed at the same time (no going first or last).

18. wellwisher Banned Banned

Suicide, although attributed to the conscious mind, is a symbolic projection from the unconscious mind. One is not suppose to take the impulse literally, but rather it reflects a symbolic change that is needed, where a part of you needs to die so another aspect can emerge.

A good analogy is when a computer freezes. We may need to reboot the computer with the unconscious telling you to reboot. Once it reboots it is able to run properly. Suicide is sort of like a needed brain reboot, but it not suppose to be done, by first turning off the computer by hitting the computer with a sledge hammer. Suicide will shut down the computer of the brain, but it can't finish the reboot.

The bias of tradition does not allow the unconscious to have a conscious role in the brain's economy, since only what it outiside is real. One is suppose to assume that such unconscious feedback does not exist. What is left is the ego, by itself, which does not have the resources needed to complete a successful reboot. Often it appears to occur because of fate; spontaneous reboot.

For example, there are many cases where people hit rock bottom, ready to pull the plug. The brain reboots, with a change of heart, which gives one a new sense of perspective. One may be born again, as the operating system reloads, but now with a new program running; new meaning for life.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You are to attractive of a woman to do something like that, I'm sure you can find all the help you need from those men in your life.

20. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That's a nice theory. Is that yours or are you remembering something you read?

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Reading your comments I'm beginning to suspect you're a lesbian retard who thinks she has a chance on a beautiful woman like me.

22. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

That would be nice.

23. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually I was only trying to be a little humorous with you, that's all. :shrug: