Structual Materials, for galaxtic travel

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Dwayne D.L.Rabon, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotth Registered Senior Member

Presumably, he has been practicing the English language even longer than his scientific and technical skills. Communicating coherently in English is still obviously beyond his capacity, what are the odds the Dwayne is better at physics than he with English?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

Or, maybe he is only 11. That would seem to account for both his lack of scientific knowledge (even though he had a microscope at age 9), and his lack of command of the English language (since he would only be in...what 4th or 5th grade?).

By the way, how do you use a microscope for astronomy? I guess you could look through the other end...

- KitNyx

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

That explains a lot!! Stop licking the test tubes clean and vent out the fumes regularly, and you will see the world much clearer.

Hans

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

Anyway...Mr. Rabon, I am a bit ashamed of my poking fun that is obviously only one sided. Although I do not agree with your observations or conclusions in physics or chemistry, I have always been an advocate of open mindedness and I believe in maintaining a constructive atmosphere. I do not want people to be afraid to post their thoughts for fear of ridicule. Please accept my appologies and know that in the future I will ATTEMPT to keep non-constructive thoughts to myself.

- KitNyx

8. scotth Registered Senior Member

I agree with KitNyx.

I withdrawl the observation that Dwayne's lack of proper grammer, spelling, and punctuation make his physics credibility questionable.

Why go there when the content of the messages establish his lack understanding/knowledge convincingly on its own.

9. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

First off retards, i don't see any of you posting anything near some thing that would be helpful in any event of traveling the galaxy.
    what i read is the bolstering of this is physics and what physics is but there have been not real statements, point is your comments are a lot run of of the mouth. this seems to be quite frequent on the internet i have grown use to it, it shows in general that most people care for only their view point, and every oneselse is shit or so to say.
    plainly if you had facts to other than what i said you would have made that clear by now, but you have not, in fact the bases of you so called conceited ego trip is that you can type it, a easy achivement for morons.
    Surly you did not have to even post to the topic, what made you post your comments any way, you knew they where worthless when you wrote them, as unrelative to subject. so personally i would request that the admistrator erase your comments or you do it your self.
    Lastly if you the intelligence you would have demonstarted that already.

i think that what i heard was something about how i lack the ablity of science and grammer ect...... quite frankly your comments showed that you had now knowlegde of atmoic energy, or the structure of atoms and stablity in the galaxy.

like i said i find such comment quite frequent on the internet no matter who it is, it is not your comments that bother me its the interruption of a useful topic and subject. The point of posting to a science forum was to communicate with some else of logical and scientifc mind. you contribution to my topic has simply been nothing, and was no help in comming to a point of benifit for anyone intrested in traveling the galaxy.

Lastly belive what you will, if you find your view better than mine so be it, i am not here to force you to belive. you can gambel with your own life, how ever i am quite certain that you comment busters have no real intrest in such travel and will not make any real attempt at flight its self. i find flight achiveable and with in my means, deviseing a better meathod of flight and saftey is what i am looking at.

the list of elements for galaxtic travel are the most safest.

The singel most safest element for constructing galaxtic crafts is Oxygen, due to several factors such as reactivity of oxygen, the element Neon is the most structually sound element for construction.
    Eliminating factors of ionzation beryllium,carbon, oxygen, neon,magnessium, silicon, and sulfur.
    the more physically manipulated materials beryllium, carbon, silicon.

the safest chemical for construction was water, or ice.

Carbon is a element that would very effective as a measuring device, such as a probe, or as a controll switch device.
    Carbon was very alluring as it have a good tempture resistance which would be useful for atomspheric entery, carbon and nitrogen seem to be elements that would play a prominet role in structural reaction and plyablity.

beryllium as well is very alluring as it is a very balanced and stable element, its cheilf problems where temp, and ionzation problems.

All the elements other than hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, oxygen, flourine, neon will demonstrate some distrubance and reaction to each area of galaxtic enviroment, the in list above elements will maintain a constant preformance.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

10. scotth Registered Senior Member

I'll just pick one thing, the most outrageously wrong statement and look at it.

What? What are you talking about? How can you possible think that you could build anything out of neon? You can't even make neon into a solid.

Neon is a noble gas and unable to form a compound with any other atom. A brilliantly sound element of construction, there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Edited to add: And if you are going to argue that neon is a "structurally sound element for construction", don't bother. Instead, just show me one thing, anything that has neon as a structural component. Make something with it, anything. Even something that is as simple as spoon. If you can't make even a spoon with it, it can't be a very good structural material now can it?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2003
  11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Dwayne, couple questions...

1) Why do you think that 'near light speed light would be near soild'?

2) Why do you think that 'the enviroment of protons is detemined by the regional background constant of the galaxy', and what is this regional background constant? And if it's constant, why worry about it changing?

3) Why is 'the background constant of a given area of a galaxy is deterimeind by gravity and solar emissions'?

4) Why do you believe that 'atoms will become radioactive(decay) as they travel various areas of the galaxy'... unless they fly into a sun?

5) How do you build a ship with transmutation?

6) How do you build a ship out of gas?

7) How do people live on a ship of gas, and if no people are on the ship why care about radioactivity?

8) Why is silicon 'very inprortant to human stablity'?

References would be appreciated.

12. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

in addition: How are carbon based lifeforms like humans supposed to survive startravel at all if INDEED starships that transports these humans need to be made from solid hydrogen or neon to prevent some supposedly deteroriation effect from differences in galactic environment ????

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Just make the blasted thing out of a big hollowed out asteroid and use a gravity slingshot to whip it out of the galaxy. Once its going you open up either a ramjet or just do a little manuvering so you can do further gravity slingshots. It dosn't matter how badly its surface is abraded because by the time you get to the vital stuff you are at your destination. Automatons will keep the thing in shape.

14. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Scotth
    The list of elements is one that just defines the safest elements for building a craft for traveling the galaxy, those that will remain stable for the construction of a galaxtic traveling craft.
    in the list it is my discovery that some of them even though remaining atomically stable will have chemical changes, or exsperince periodic events of radation emission such as gamma or beta relavant to energy changes, elcetron orbital changes ect.
    it is quite clear that fewer than the given list up to sulfur, will have the same atomic, chemical and energy stablity that they know have on earth our our region of the galaxy.
    Neon might be of high difficulty to manage for constution purposes but it remains atomically and other wise the best suited for the application. it may take a advancement in technology to devise a means for such construction with the use of Neon.

Note: oddly enough the earth that we live on is one of the safest galaxtic star ships, all of the main elements comprising life and our suirroundings are in the saftey list, it is for this reason no doubt that life is possible, the reason that life became capable of forming. if one took the elements of the earth and built say oxygen,nitrogen,carbon,silicon and built a craft they would not be doing so bad, what is even better is that it has become affordable for every one. a intresting point that i observed affordablity.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

15. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Vortex

the elements given in the list are those that will remain atomically stable and should be found abudnatly in various regions of the galaxy if not in all parts. so of them show great difficulty in managment such as the points exspressed by scotth regarding neon, others such as carbon show other difficulties, carbon although stable in galxatic travel atomically thoughout the galaxy still has energy problems, or energy transition fluxuation problems, where it more than likly will emit beta and gamma during changes in passing though the various regions, or from one region to the next region.
    that poses a serious problem in galaxtic travel for humans, and in the construction of crafts that travel the galaxy that have carbon part, or machinery

Note: some of the energy problems of such elements as carbon and emission of beta and gamma by those elements due to region changes in galaxtic travel may be over come or reduced by traleving at faster than light speed pr near light speed, occuring where energy reaction is shelided by excessive energy, such as a group of protons in a cyclotron ect... here the problem occurs when the craft has come to a stop of the the relation of energy local to the region beomes effective on the body of carob or other such element. still this is a benift as there is less distrubance of the element from the other regional areas traveled though and so less gamma and bet emmssions, which now only occur when the craft comes to a stop in the regional destination and that areas effect weighs in on the incomming atoms.
    The aspects of light speed travel seem very benifical understanding these effects, conquering the arrival events however seem to be rather trail and errror, kind of like developing a vaccine. maybe gradual slowing down out of light speed will greatly reduce bet and gamma emmssions, maybe it will not, and a therefor a constant spectrum energy emmmsion or sttablization by spectrum emmsssion will have to be maintained the ehtire time in that region of the galaxy. no doubt there will be regions that allow stablity with out spectrum emmmsion stabliztion of the given element carbon ect.... more so in the ones of heavier gravity. but then again xray emmmsions are harm full as well and so.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

16. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well Persol
    I have addressed serval of your questions in the before post,"OH Gurthie" post .

How ecatly to build certain crafts is actually the builders challange, and i suppose that you will have to be inventive when it copmes to gas crafts, or lighter than air craft. i suppose that wee can can exsplore some meathod of building thses type of craft in discussion.
    the event of the elements give as structual items for crafts did not only include gas elements but other as well.

Building a craft based on transmutation, i don't know that it has ever been done but it would require a nuclear sheild such as maybe Boron, or heavy water(deterium) ect... lead sheild.
    it would also require having a heavy enough element such as thorium for it to gradually deteriate into lesser atoms that remain stable enough for you to stand in, it would require in this event a serious level of calculation to the given elements of deteriation, and a basic knowledge of the atomsphere of the galaxtic region that you planed to arrive in.
    Building a craft with transmutation is something i would think of more for satitlites that travel though regions with out light speed, planing this way will allow the craft to reamin operational based soly on it atomic structure, rather than the use of spectrum stablization of the atomic structre of the craft.( see voayger lost no longer operation after solar departure).

Well persol how do you live on earth, the earth is basically just a ball of gas, oxygen, nitorgen, hydrogen. so be it chemical, it still mainly gas.

Silicion work in the harmonics of the human system just as aluminium, this is the same as looking a the spectral emmssions in a vaccum of in oxygen there is a change in spectral emmssions, this is due to the inreactance of energy something like 10 to the 33 power, Planck uniform energy point, humans absorb energy of their enviroment in very large doses, which determin the harmonics or to say palapation of the body in health. Silicon. Aluminum, Oxygen, Nitrogen play the biggest roles in that absortion of energy by humans. example emf is a force that travels though the body and produces a effect.

Note: Going to need a electromagnetic feild as well.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

17. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

You can't be this nuts....

Originally posted by Dwayne D.L.Rabon
    How ecatly to build certain crafts is actually the builders challange, and i suppose that you will have to be inventive when it copmes to gas crafts, or lighter than air craft.
    Well no... you can't. A gas in space will expand until there is no longer any 'ship'. The person inside would end up floating in a cloud. You have no propulsion because you have no mass to push. As soon as you add solid materials you not have a steel/iron/whatever ship which just happens to have a gas inside. The gas becomes redundant.
    the event of the elements give as structual items for crafts did not only include gas elements but other as well.
    But your gas ones are most absurd... but the basis of this post is even more so.

it would also require having a heavy enough element such as thorium for it to gradually deteriate into lesser atoms that remain stable enough for you to stand in

How long do you plan to be on this ship? Regardless, the 'deterioratoin' of atoms makes them more stable, not less so.

rather than the use of spectrum stablization of the atomic structre of the craft.( see voayger lost no longer operation after solar departure).

Cause the batteries died

What is spectrum stabilization?

Well persol how do you live on earth, the earth is basically just a ball of gas, oxygen, nitorgen, hydrogen. so be it chemical, it still mainly gas.

It has solid ground... or did you somehow miss this fact? The mass is mainly solid infact.

Silicon. Aluminum, Oxygen, Nitrogen play the biggest roles in that absortion of energy by humans. example emf is a force that travels though the body and produces a effect.

Proof anywhere?

So, you seemed to miss a few. Please repeat the question in your post, and then the answer underneath. Sources for your claims would be welcome, as this seems to be coming from your imagination.

In fact, you only answered 1 of the questions.
    1) Why do you think that 'near light speed light would be near soild'?

2) Why do you think that 'the enviroment of protons is detemined by the regional background constant of the galaxy', and what is this regional background constant? And if it's constant, why worry about it changing?

3) Why is 'the background constant of a given area of a galaxy is deterimeind by gravity and solar emissions'?

4) Why do you believe that 'atoms will become radioactive(decay) as they travel various areas of the galaxy'... unless they fly into a sun?

6) How do you build a ship out of gas?

7) How do people live on a ship of gas, and if no people are on the ship why care about radioactivity?

8) Where is the proof that silicon is 'very inprortant to human stablity'?

18. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

An idea

Dwayne, bless his cotton socks, has realised that the Earth is a 'Galaxtic Ship' (sic) and is made of the elements he lists. Heavy elements tend to be radioactive so decay and complex compounds are hard to make up, but then break down in accordance to the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Ok the voracity[0] of this claim is easily destroyed. Ergo any galaxtic ship (sic) must be made of light elements.

[0] See news://alt.folklore.urban for the nature of the misspledding [0]
    [1] The claim is so simplistic I'm assuming a highly simplistic reasoning behind it.
    [2] At least the trolls here are pleasant still.

19. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Read his posts in the magnetic pole change thread and say that again

:bugeye:

Hans

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Dwayne the bathtub,

plainly if you had facts to other than what i said you would have made that clear by now, but you have not

On the contrary, evidence has been placed before you on a regular basis - you simply refuse to accept it.

21. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well to awnser your questions Persol i think that may be you should awnser some of them your self, given your comments i would appear that you suggest that any hunk of material will get you through space travel.
    So i missed a few points, it seems that you missed a few points in contrast.

your questions appear as if you have no comprehension of the subject at hand. example you say where is there proof and refrence to the event that magnetic feild passes through the body, why don't you get off your computer and conduct a expserment with a magnet, such as put one magnet on one side of your hand and another on the other side. your questions seem quite ironic.
    As for absorbstion by the human body, what is it that you think makes humans living, have you ever sat in the sun light, do you think that you recive direct sun light, if so then you are unaware of the spectrum microscope and the event of polarization of light.
    the light you recive from the sun is altered by the atomsphere of oxygen, such as light bands seen in the spectrum microscope, each atom has its own bandwidth created by its electron configuration, in a atomsphere of oxygen all life forms absorb this spectrum energy, same for spectrum energy emitted by silicon and aluminum.

spectrum stablization is the controll of chemical reactions and atomic energy levels by the emission of light, such as a laser in a cesium clock, this means that the electrons of the atoms are given a certain wave length of light that excites or feeds the atom keeping them stable from ionzation or unstablity, untill it is time for the chemicals to react with other elements put in the pot/mixture or untill the material has reached a certain energy level for reaction, or stable reating point. various types of spectrum stablization are possible. to stablizae atoms.

on the conatry it does not come from my imagination, the things mentioned are facts of science. it is your lack of knowledge of science that leaves you to define events as a character of imagination.

Dwyane D.L.Rabon

Q i have been to few topics where any logically deductive evidence has been presented to alter anything i have posted.
    please name some viable evidence. you can't.
    once again bolsetring comments with no contribution. you need refeferences because you appearntly lack the scientific skill to define. if not then post properly.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

For all that have not figured this out yet Dwayne D.L.Rabon is are forums Crack Addict! Almost everything he says is purifed bull shit and we keep him around because for some of us he funny as hell!

Here are just some of Dwayne D.L.Rabon other drug induced delusions which I had particular joy in countering.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17377

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  23. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

Hehe. This just makes me laugh. FACTS of science? NONE of what you said is science. It's just pure bullshit. It's like your sitting around in your basement making shit up just on the offchance it sounds scientific. OUR lack of scientific skill? Here's an idea. Stand up, go to a library and pick up a basic science book. Not one those 'advanced' high school general science books. But one of those remedial "My first science book" once. With as much understanding as you have shown, we have to start you off as close to the beginning as possible. And please stop thinking you have knowledge of nuclear physics. You're talking to someone whose had to sit through plenty o' classes of this stuff. What you're spouting is just plain HI-larious!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.