Structual Materials, for galaxtic travel

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Dwayne D.L.Rabon, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

The following list is of atomic elements that are safe to use in the building of crafts for traveling the galaxy,

Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Beryllium, Boron, Carbon, Nitorgen, Oxygen, Flourine, Neon, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminum, Silicon, Phosphorus, Sulfur

Other atoms in the periodic chart or heavy atoms could be used, but not with the same reliablity as the ones above.
    of the above named elements the following are the best suit for structual tasks,
    Hydrogen, Helium, Beryllium, Carbon, Nitorgen, Silicon, and Sulfur

Some may think that this seems rather easy with such structual materials such as boron carbide or silicon carbide, however in galaxtic filght chemical compounds are not recommened, the least ratio of chemical elements is best suited, plainly pure subsatnces such as maybe diamond, a miniumal tolerance of chemical compounds is diatomic chemicals, such as SiC, or Si1/C1 chemicals invoving more than two different elements, are not a suggested.

of the heavier elements those which are most reliable are Potassium, Calcium, Rubidium, Platinum, Thorium, Uranium
    the heavier the atom the greater possiblity of instabltity.

Key also to the structrual building of galaxtic space craft for humans is the element Silicon, which should line all living spaces or containment areas of humans..

Just a few structual notes for those intreseted in the nessacary or safe materials for building space traveling crafts.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

How do you use hydrogen and helium in the structure?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. empennage Soccer King Registered Senior Member

Safe? Isn't Beryllium toxic? Or am I thinking of another material that begins with the letter B?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

As far as I know it is. But you havnt met Dwayne D L Rabon much have you?

8. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Just how are you traveling? The mode of transportation will affect the chioces, please tell me why these particular materials would be used. Carbon's a given, interstellar starships and the facilities to support them will dwarf the ISS. Asteriods are the easiest way to get materials into orbit(you don't have to ship them up a gravity well), and most of them are not high in metals. The structure, and as many parts as can be, will be made from composite materials to free up the metal for more important things.

9. Merlijn curious cat Registered Senior Member

Thanks!
    I was just about to build a spaceship in my kitchen. I was planning to use flour for construction.
    Silly me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Geee! Now we just wait for Dwayne's tips on propulsion systems, and off we go........:m:

Hans

11. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

The elements given above are those that will allow structual stablity when traveling through our galaxy. As a galaxtic traveler travels through the galaxy atomic stablity changes, as well chemical stablity, because of these changes as a traveler passes through the galaxy the craft,spaceship,capsule,satilite ect.. must be built of structual materials that will remain constant. If a craft where built of say copper it would remain stable only in one region of the galaxy, upon arriving in another part of the galaxy the copper craft would atomatically begin radioactive decay, transmutaion in to another material such as calcium, if the craft made of copper where to gradually travel through the galaxy say at earths speed of travel like a satilite the copper craft would gradually become calcium, this means that the structual material copper used to construct the craft would develope fissures, and cracks, and structual distortion making support of the craft and breaches in its atomsphere comtainment, comprimising the entire craft and its occupants.
    Example: you had a space ship that could travel the galaxy at super light speed becaue you invented a new propulsion system, and so you could travel 500 light years in one hour, your ship was built of iron, what would happen is that you would take off one hour later some 500 light years way your space craft stops in another part of the galaxy, upon arrival your iron space ship would begin to fall apart, your ship would become radoactive,and become more radioactive with time as the iron(Fe) used to build the ship decayed into aluminum and sulfur. in addtion the chemicals that you brought with you would seperate into their basic elements, those that contained heavy elements would become radioactive.

here are some solutions
    1.) do not use elements above sulfur
    2.) do not use complexed cehemical, or chemical molecules with more that two element in a diaatomic bond. ie. 1part carbon 1 part silicon ect....
    3.) use pure elements, such as aluminium, berllyium silicon ect... purity in structual matertials.
    4.) use spectrum energy to stablize atomic stability and chemical stablity.
    5.) design the craft with the feature of transmutaion, so that on arrival the craft built of lead would transmutate in to tungsten, and then in your next point of arrival it would transmutate in to silver and at you next destination into titainium, arriving back in our solar system as aluminum.

Note
    1.)useing lithium as a electrical conductor of wiring would be the best bet for circuits, a computer and navigation system, would be composed of say lithium and carbon with the conductive unit lithium, you could take a look into the development of lithum computers and batteries,

2.)no matter where you go you are going to need silicon to line your space suit, and where you live inside of the craft. silicon is very inprortant to human stablity and normal function in background spectrum emmissions.

3.) the safest structual form is the ball,

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

12. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

MMm, so can you demosntraste that elemental transmutation occurs in the way you propose in different areas of the galaxy?

13. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

oh its gurthie again!!

Well in dealing with the event of atomic decompotion and the development of atoms.
    The basic uint of a atom is a proton, the addtion of addtional protons results in various atoms depending on the number of atoms.
    As many consider than a nucleous of a atom is one unit created at one time rather than independant protons compriseing a atom, view point has to be changed to recongize that a atom is composed of different parts that are independant, called protons. variation in energies of proton make the binding of protons possible forming the atom depending on the type of atom.
    once this is considered it can be seen that atoms are are different than protons, I.E protons contain quarks, ect.... atoms contain protons. it is the binding of prortons that form the atom.
    the binding of protons is one that is due to energy difference, that energy difference is due to enviroment of the protons which in binding consume and emit energy of their immediate enviorment the ablity of a given proton to gain a lower energy state or a higher energy states determines the the state of the bond. The enviroment of protons is detemined by the regional background constant of the galaxy, solar system, or cosmos. the backgorund constant is the residing energy in a area where atoms take form or deteriate and determine the energy at which protons balnce energy.
    example protons are stable at excessive speeds and high energys there is no know limit on protons stablity in high energy, and it is speculated given the high stablity of protons at high speeds that such protons may be able to achive stablity at light speed. protons at high energy have thier energy needs meet, this means that the balcance of energy emitted and absrobed remains constant, given the minute reactions of quarks its a given that the energy to maintain stablity of a proton is abundant, providing the observed stablity at high energy and speed. the atomic life span of hydrogen the basic atom is infinte, meaing it is not subject to atomic decay, hydrogen is simply a proton and a electron.
    it is seen here why protons make the base unit of atoms, the binding of protons is therfore dependant on energy of enviroment, given the protons stablity.
    this is also demonstated by the event of neutron decay, wherein the event of neutron decay is one that invovles a disbalance of energy. the neutron can not maintain stablity with out the ptoton and so disapates in to various particles and radations, leaving a free travleing proton (atomic decay).
    when electron are striped of atoms in earth space past 7 electrons a distrubance of the atoms energy balance occurs resulting in eratic motion of its protons and neutrons, where in the neutons being sepration from protons, this is avoid in most atoms be a change in electron denstiy or wave form of the electron, resulting in the electron dispating energy to two protons, or a random action of electrons to exchange in turn energy with the lacking protons.
    neutrons are from in the enregy difference when protons bind, one proton becomes a neutron. this reaction is one that is dependant on enviroment, energy of the protons enviroment, which is determined by the background constant of the galaxy, solar system, or cosmos.
    the background constant of a given area of a galaxy is deterimeind by the gravity of that regional area, and the emissions of solar bodies in that area.

why gurthie did you not know this? it would seem that you question to find out what i know as if you knew more, so why did you not know this simple fact that atoms will become radioactive(decay) as they travel various areas of the galaxy. it is a curcial point for anyone thinking about space travel.

ask yourself this what is a cosmic particle and why do they exist.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

*cough*
    Pseudo-science?
    *cough*

Nice thread Dwayne.

15. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

No, I'm asking you to demonstrate that all this actually does happen outside your head, in the "real" world.

16. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

How much chemistry and physics do you have, Dwayne?

17. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

I was under the impression that one of the fundamental laws of physics...no, one of the postulates on which modern physics is based is that the laws of physics are constant from every reference point. This would include everywhere.

Please give an example of a known location at which the laws vary from the norm.

- KitNyx

18. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

I got a better idea, let's make the hull out of stable neutronium and green thea, we all know how green thea fights ageing effects!

19. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

Of course, with the neutronium, composed strictly of neutrons, we would not have to worry about the protons decaying...now what to use as a bonding agent...

- KitNyx

20. Dwayne D.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well enough to read beable to read U.S. Department of Energy documents and Lititure, including nuclear reactions, and proccess.
    got a microscope and chemistry with lab time since i was 9 years old, inaddtion that includes astronomy as both my parents worked in the feild. like it was second nature BabY!!!!!

Comments form people like guthie are such insult, i have to assume that waht they where meant to be a least, such a demonstartion of ignorance, a waste of good fourm space.
    gurthie get with the program.

does it matter my creditals, if you can beat the facts first hand, why would you need my refernce.

Well i had a few more key points to post but i will wait after i redfine some of them, i am looking for the strongest and most beifical element for structual perpose in galaxtic travels. which will be used in the futrue and thatcan tell us what a another space travel race might use. i have it narrowed down and will post a list next time.

Note: those that decide use near light speed will have to consider the fact that when traveling at such speed light becomes physical, providing enertia. as near light speed light would be near soild. guiding such a craft, or sterring such a craft will require the use of light or emf as a steering device.

Dwayne D.L.Rabon

21. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

See, now we KNOW your a bullshitter. This is just plain, plain wrong. Light does not become 'solid' as your approach the speed of light. Yes, General Relativity DOES predict that mass will increase and width will contract. BUT that is due to the nature relative motion. They are a consequence of approaching light speed. It gets HARDER to push a craft to light speed. There is no inertia provided from light. You have inertia from the energy you used to accelerate. So appearently your 'sources' and background are questionable.

22. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

blackholesun - I know you know this I am just clarifying in case anyone else does not. Like who you ask...hmmm...

It requires increasing amounts of energy to ACCELERATE an object as its velocity nears the speed of light. An object in motion will continue at a constant velocity (until energy is expended to accelerate it in opposite direction). For this effect to even be measurable you would have to be traveling at a huge fraction of the speed of light (or traveling EXTREMELY long distances).

- KitNyx

23. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

Kinda what I meant. I guess I could have worded it a bit more carefully. Oh well, I always have someone here to back me up and reword things when my brain farts

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.