Strip James R's Moderator Status

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Arditezza, Jul 22, 2004.

?

Should James R be removed as a moderator?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anu Banned Banned

unbelievable. you have to be either just naturally dense or intentionally dishonest

now, tedious as this might be be, it appears to be necessary....

the first para indicates that a topic could be derived from any of your 9600 posts to fulfill a particular agenda.
    the second para goes on to state that someone (i) did exactly that. ie: go back four months, extract a post from the 9600 to "pick an issue"

now i repeat, that is not what i had done. the issue (kapeesh) was already in place. it was you that picked the issue. i did what any poster would do in a situation like that...namely, establish the complainant's credentials. thus, the four month old post was a point raised in the issue that you brought up.

now
    lets move on to connotations

the first para indicates that someone can initiate a topic from the 9600 posts
    going along that vein...
    the second para alludes that someone did just that

now, lets try these out as well

*i came out of the blue to pick an issue to carry out a useless fight
    *i looked four months back in your posts to pick a fight

do you fucking understand?

you claim that i initiated a fight when instead i was responding to one

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

James,

Gendanken's never around on the weekends, so I'll respond for her.

[post=572458]Here[/post]'s the post by LeoDV where he makes several rude remarks. The metaphor about cramming a cock of knowledge down her throat merely one of them. In fact, he even admits in the post that it's a personal attack and invites a mod to remove it. Ironic. Seems he was vindicated.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

[post=574333]Here[/post]'s the post of hers you edited. Admittedly, it is a page and a half away from the original insult. And she doesn't reference it directly in this particular post. She does however towards the top of the page, in bold in fact.

[post=575087]Here[/post]'s the post where she makes reference that she feels she was unfairly edited while LeoDV's was untouched.

As I said, on the whole I have no problems with your mod-ship. I was rather surprised when Gendanken brought this up, but when I looked for it, it was rather egregious. And perhaps even more so that it was in Human Science rather than your own forum. Perhaps this explains the "skimming" nature of the editing. I'd say this "skimmingness" is probably what I find fault with the most. Do or don't do, as Yoda says.

Anu and Tiassa,

Seriously. Do you guys really get some kinda kick from this circling duel you always have going? Is there a point to it? Do you think that either will, in the end, give up and go home? I suppose whatever trips your trigger. Yanks your chain. Yadda yadda.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

In the end, not really. Of course, that makes this topic the ideal place for it.

Besides, as I previously noted: "I just wasn't in the mood to be cussed at by a poster with a sense of grudge and a history of paranoid misunderstanding."

I mean, just look at Anu's last post, Invert ... and watch what comes next.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. anu Banned Banned

yeah, just look at it, invert. cultivate an air of breathless anticipation and await "what comes next". you can consider yourself privileged to witness this debacle

so ah tiassa, doling out invitations huh?

8. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

gendy:

not always....only when I give meph the day off.

who the hell are you?

aye!

hun stop it now....you're giving me a huge stiffy.

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

Anu

Incorrect. The first paragraph indicates that within the volume of 9,600 posts, anyone obsessed enough could with relative ease draw an overwhelming heap of odds and ends, and in some cases week-long arguments upon which to found an attempted ban. I mean, talk about fish in a barrel.

Strangely, Anu, you seem to omit a sentence. The one that starts, "I was honored ...."

And when that discussion ran its course and you realized you had nothing to fall back on, you sought out the issue of "miniscule" and "minuscule." You picked an issue in order to deflect from the issue we were already discussing.

Except that you have no idea what the hell you're blithering about. As you demonstrate so aptly:

Anu, can the attitude long enough to try thinking.

Do you fucking understand that you're yelling and screaming about your own paranoid extrapolations?

Think about it: We were discussing the propriety of illiterate colloquialisms. Instead of defending your position, you picked a new issue--challenging my right to state fact--in order to extend the argument. Now, that's all well and fine, but are we actually to pretend that the "kapeesh" argument has any real utilitarian value?

Just because you don't understand that the phrase "carry out" includes "persist," "pursue," and "labor," isn't a reason to start screaming like that. Capiche?

So consider that your general insistence that you didn't put much of an effort into the search in the first place actually reinforces the point in my post to Bells.

I agree that this is tedious, and no, it shouldn't be necessary.

Sentence by sentence, my post to Bells:

• "That would be a first, I think." - I don't recall anyone trying to ban me before.
    • "It might--might--also be amusing." - It might, but only might, be amusing. After all, it could be ridiculously annoying, too.
    • "It's not like I haven't left sasquatch-sized footprints on an ego here and there." - Everyone knows I've left tracks.
    • "With 9600 posts to choose from, a well-planned ban topic might be a spectacular exposition." - Somebody who sincerely wanted to ban me who followed those tracks carefully could at least put on enough of a show to require an actual defense on my part.

Easy enough so far?

• "Then again ... someone recently looked four months back in my posts to pick an issue." - Someone recently tried to nail me on a four month-old post.
    • "I was honored because it was the first time I can recall that anyone bothered looking back past the current week in order to carry out a useless fight." - In all the useless fights I've been through here, that's the first time anyone's gone back that far; the implication is that few, if any, are likely to be so upset at me as to drag themselves through 9,600 posts in order to prove a point.

What's hard about that?

See ... people whose reading comprehension does not revolve so tightly around the twin foci of self and fear can generally understand short, simple posts.

Your issue of reading comprehension. Take the paranoia down a notch. Or twelve.

At the very least it can be said that I'm still trying to communicate with you. "Watch what comes next"? Indeed, for the only thing that can come next, as I have shown, is yet another attempt to explain to you that your paranoia is presenting serious functional problems for you, and also invite you to cease spattering those problems all over the rest of us.

Look, Anu ... if I want to call you out for a fight, I won't be subtle. I won't be so neatly and cleanly buried. It won't be couched in other considerations. I'll actually call you out for a fight.

If I want to sting you, I'll step up and sting you, and there will be absolutely no question that's what I'm about. Ask around.

10. anu Banned Banned

irrelevancies and old hat except for....

" • "Then again ... someone recently looked four months back in my posts to pick an issue." - Someone recently tried to nail me on a four month-old post."

this.

disingenuous and also inaccurate for the reasons i already mentioned.
    i did nail you on the 4mth old post within the context of an issue that you brought up

you fail to realize the implications of the word "pick" when used in the current framework of your para. "pick an issue" here implies a beginning, an initiation. that was not the case. it is also practically synonymous with "pick a fight" and i did no such thing.

11. anu Banned Banned

If I want to sting you, I'll step up and sting you, and there will be absolutely no question that's what I'm about. Ask around.

what? ask around? are you aware that i have been a participant in several of your flame wars (your side-silly me) over the past few years? and that i know how you operate? what makes you think that you are a stranger to me?

in anycase, do what you must. i can deal with your ass quite easily
    i changed my mind, i will address the rest of your post, and flog that revived horse along with you. it seems to be waht you want and i will oblige

12. anu Banned Banned

i'll play the n00b and ask you to point towards a few posters that you obviously think are familiar with you and your methods

cmon, i feel like a laugh

13. anu Banned Banned

he elaborates....

that is, despite the rules and guidelines on acceptable conduct, the mods reserve the right to do as they please.
    i wonder if the grand poobah is aware of this attitude
    fuck you again for parading this around like a goddamn badge of honor

14. anu Banned Banned

Incorrect. The first paragraph indicates that within the volume of 9,600 posts, anyone obsessed enough could with relative ease draw an overwhelming heap of odds and ends, and in some cases week-long arguments upon which to found an attempted ban. I mean, talk about fish in a barrel.

thats funny,. you make absolutely no distinction from my interpretation apart from introducing irrelevant strawmen. for instance...

*"obsession". who gives a fuck about the motivation?
    *"relative ease". easy/hard..another meaningless distinction
    *"overwhelming". these tiresome superlatives irritate

contrast with mine..."the first para indicates that a topic could be derived from any of your 9600 posts to fulfill a particular agenda".

short, sweet and to the point. it is also devoid of any extraneous consideration that have no real relevance

Strangely, Anu, you seem to omit a sentence. The one that starts, "I was honored ...."

aliright..

i will not accept this as truthful nor take it literally. there is sarcasm implied in the usage of honor in this instance. at the most it is a dubious honor... shit! who the fuck give a crap about your godamn emotions? stop it already

And when that discussion ran its course and you realized you had nothing to fall back on, you sought out the issue of "miniscule" and "minuscule." You picked an issue in order to deflect from the issue we were already discussing.

lets look at the contradictions here. if you wish to engage in revisionism, the least you could do is to maintain some consistency

*discussion is done but yet i pick minuscule as an added issue
    *discussion is ongoing and i pick minuscule as an issue

it also appears you have no idea why it was brought up in the first place. go back and read. i have run out of patience

Do you fucking understand that you're yelling and screaming about your own paranoid extrapolations?

heh, actually no. it is because you keep putting your foot in your mouth

So consider that your general insistence that you didn't put much of an effort into the search in the first place actually reinforces the point in my post to Bells.

thats because you persist in being honored if someone spends time on your ass. i wish to dissuade you off that notion by letting you know it took all of a few seconds

Your issue of reading comprehension. Take the paranoia down a notch. Or twelve.

crap. you just come off as natural asshole when you write. as long as i am being referenced, there will be more of this if you do not watch your words

At the very least it can be said that I'm still trying to communicate with you.

haha. you fail miserably

"Watch what comes next"? Indeed, for the only thing that can come next, as I have shown, is yet another attempt to explain to you that your paranoia is presenting serious functional problems for you, and also invite you to cease spattering those problems all over the rest of us.

i have given you a solution. if you care that much about the community use it. the ball has always been in your court. too bad you play foul

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

Really? The assertion against the abstract moral right to point out fact was newly introduced after your failed attempt to legitimize colloquialisms. You initiated a new phase of your battle strategy and now you're trying to drag it out in yet another topic.

And you used to demonstrate a reasonable ability to read. The change is yours, entirely.

If you're familiar with my past few years of posting, then you're also familiar with my occasional habit of invoking history in a reflective context. Why you choose to forget that just to be bitter is your problem to work out, not mine.

You could ask our friend, §outh§tar; he took it rather well, and our more rational discussion continues despite it.

You might recall the dreadful riot I set off in the Dennis Miller topic; there was no question that there was a stinger in there, and you might also recall why I'm so bemused by the response. Whether or not you appreciate the irony found therein ....

Wes and I have gone rounds. Though I have in the past questioned his judgment insofar as we differed on whether or not there were stingers present here and there, I can't recall him blatantly missing the real ones.

Just a few to think of. I tend to call folks out more directly than what you're so upset about in this topic.

You can ask him if you like.

It's called subtlety, Anu, and you used to have an appreciation for it.

And this is my problem because ...? Because you want to make it so? I hope you've got a better reason than that.

No. That's just your paranoia.

The difference is the same as the difference between a round and a boxing match, a battle and a war, an inning and a game, &c., &c., &c.

Do you really think I'm going to agree with you at the end of that?

Make your case or else get on with life.

Patience? You had patience to run out of ?

So you say. It would be a bit more persuasive if you could show it. In the meantime, all you're showing is a severe lack of reading comprehension and a massive overdose of paranoia.

And yet in those few seconds you set a new standard. Unlike your present tantrum, it was a positive standard.

Scary-scary. Aren't we scary?

'Tis true. It's not particularly disturbing, though. I have no intention of forcibly overriding your decision to stand beyond communicative reach. That's all you, boy.

Was that the "Fuck you," the "Stop it," or the "Go back and read"?

Remind me ... when I see this much horsepucky, I figure there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I would suggest that this thread was closed purely because it's a waste of space. I'm not saying that as a moderator just a thread viewer, from what I've seen of James R's output he attempts to be fair, lends an ear if someone asks him to listen and only takes offense if someone is offensive.

If you feel that his moderation skills are in question, I would suggest you re-anaylse the quality of the posts that he's moderated on. Perhaps even asking him to leave the posts to exist with a note suggesting why it should be deleted.

However the likelihood is his probably just removing posts that are vulgar or personal attacks, or of course insistance of individuals that attempt to suggest a theory that has already a proven theorum/answer which is different from their own.

If the Posters have that much concern over the reason the post was deleted why not just PM James R to ask why it was deleted than insist on a revoking of moderation status?

17. Arditezza Banned Banned

Because James R's banning was not what I wanted.

If you can look deeper, in this thread we found that rules are well and good, when consistantly enforced. But that claiming that one post is deleted purely because of the "rules" is a outright lie on these forums. Almost every moderator has admitted that, and I'm cool with that as long as you don't hide behind the rules.

Again, the majority is often wrong.

It wasn't even James who deleted my post. I knew that quickly, but still persisted in my original goal... the reason? To get the moderators (and tiassa was the one big enough to say it) to admit that they edit and delete at their own will, and do not always enforce the rules, only enforce them as they see fit. Again, I am okay with that as long as the don't quote the rules when people point out the unfairness and discrepancies. Look at the thread Gendanken talked about for exactly that example.

And James, because he's a good man did indeed own up to the oversight on Gendanken.... unfortunately, the worst mod for these violations is completely silent and hasn't learned a thing. Pity that.

18. anu Banned Banned

talk about paranoia. you really are a piece of work, mr wit lyss

i failed to legitimize colloquialisms? witness..

regardless of your peculiar tastes, you do admit an onngoing legitimization of colloquialisms. how then can you assert a failure on my part when you actually admitted the fact? look, read. it is right there in black and white.

you lie again. you introduce the topic. witness...

19. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Well maybe you should use your BRAIN and think that the moderators are not actually human beings and they have nothing better to do than scrutinize posts to the T.

20. anu Banned Banned

fucking gobbledygook
    what the fuck are you on about, eh southstar? are you addressing stryder the moderator? you quote his post so must be telling him to use his brain. how could this be tho? i mean, you go on to make excuses for mods so you cannot be attacking him now, could you? or is it that you address the public thru stryder's quote? which is it, maggot?

so tiassa, is this the bright spark you are having a "rational conversation" with? the same fuck that was kicking his legs up high to flash his panties for you a few posts back?

some fucking challenge

21. anu Banned Banned

lemme splash around the kiddie pool as well...

oooh! scary! i am sooooo scared!

22. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE THIS STUPID AND IGNORANT? DO YOU NOT AT ALL SEE, SIMPLY BY READING THE POST, THAT IT WAS SARCASM? TIASSA, SIMPLY DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MAESTRO OF IGNORANCE!

23. anu Banned Banned

i believe the boards over at aol do not mind caps. try the place out
    ps: have you tried the color tags?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.