Strip James R's Moderator Status

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Arditezza, Jul 22, 2004.

?

Should James R be removed as a moderator?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

"a bit heavy to trudge though"?

Would be easier to scale Everest in a thong!

I agree with Tiassa though. All fun and no play makes tiassa a dull mod.

Wait...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. anu Banned Banned

what? you are not a supermod. you have no extra privileges over the rest of us in this subforum so take off that silly hat. frikkin megalomaniacal now?

hoo boy! still flogging that dead horse and as usual you remain clueless as to why i see the need to counter your disingenuous claims. i will not idly stand by and watch you rewrite history

let me break shit down for you, mr wit lyss

lies. the issue was already picked. by you. kapeesh! remember?
    i used the 4 mth old post as an indication of your hypocritical attitude
    do you fucking understand? it was a point utilized by me in an issue that you brought up!

yes, thats right.

why do you perpetuate and celebrate illiteracy by insisting on the right to spell minuscule, miniscule

heh

what happened to you, dog? i do not recall my 1st incarnation here having to put up with this crap. were you holding back? have you decided not to tolerate me any more? silly man. you amuse me and if you insist on being my toy, i will oblige and play with you

provocation, my fucking ass! you provoke me!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. anu Banned Banned

heh. yes, the loophole. never mind the guidelines. never mind the unwritten rules of conduct.

this give mods the authority to be as much of an asshole as they want to be.

...we see fit!

think about it, maggots! is this not carte blanche to act in anyway that one chooses? is this not why a clearly disturbed mod like xev can do as she pleases in here?

...we see fit!

fuck you for parading this around like a goddamn badge of honor

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Xev will be the least of problems when you finally get a dose of WellCookedFetus as mod. Wait till he calls your work or your house.

8. Bells Staff Member

Gendanken

Why no dear. I'm just too busy trying to show you my arse while trying to fart your name out of it. Can't you tell? Just look at the pic. And for a girl who spends half her time trying to bite the toenails of another mod Gendy, you really should not be pointing your toes at anyone.

Squeezes arsecheeks trying to spell out Gendy... :bugeye:... *splllaaafff*... nope sorry still can't do it..

Outlandish
    Give her time... she's still practising.

Anu

Taking all this a tad seriously aren't you? What next? Draw at 40 paces?

Gendy

:bugeye: ... *Sppplllaaafffggggeee*... Ooohh nearly.. but still nope..

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  9. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Try harder Bells

If you've done it once, you can do it again.

10. anu Banned Banned

bah
    listen up
    i take in stride, all moderation.
    it is only when these maggots come here to justify their crap, expose their bullshit and leave themselves wide open for criticism that this shit happens

i mean, you now have james insinuating mental retardation. that is a frikkin old trolling tactic

you want bias? disingenuity? trolling? there it is

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

When I speak as a Moderator, I wear my hat. Got a problem with that? I don't care.

If you demonstrated any comprehension of what you are reacting to, that would be a start.

You just don't get it, Anu. Maybe if you understood the issue you just stuck your nose into, I might find your tantrum something more than another sad testament to the failures of society.

Oh, have I reverted? My apologies for offending your sensibilities.

What in the hell are you going on about?

When you demonstrate sufficient reading comprehension to suggest that you have a clue what you're yelling about, give it another try. In the meantime, perhaps you ought not stick your nose into posts you don't understand.

If you want me to give you reading lessons, I'll consider it. But at least ask nicely.

12. anu Banned Banned

pretty please?

"You just don't get it"

this tired old refrain of yours, really is not much to go on.
    cmon pal, spin away. i await your explanation in breathless anticipation. (and a bazooka on my shoulder)

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

14. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Review
    The New Yorker It shows concretely how the serious work of proper reading may be accomplished and how much it may yield in the way of instruction and delight.

Ingram
    No one reads all kinds of books the same way. 'How to Read a Book' is a guide to reading comprehension for the general reader. The author provides help in understanding how to read literature, history, poetry and fiction to name a few of the various types of reading discussed.

You'd better not put that crap in here! Hooked on Phonics has worked for all his family members and it'll work for him too!

www.hookdonfoniks.com

15. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

That was funny! Could it have been a test....

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

Anu

Here, I'll answer this post, which I actually missed earlier:

Lazy - What you don't seem to grasp is that in five years, nobody until you ever wanted to look more than about a week into the past when looking to rumble with me. The only time they did is when the argument carried out over a longer period, and even then .... That you came up with something four months old is, whether or not you wish to believe it, significant to me. True, it came over a petty issue, but it's a start. You insist on downplaying it. Fine. Just because those five seconds or so are better than others who felt they had a bone to pick don't indicate a tremendous effort, well, it's still more than others who felt they had a bone to pick. In that, you're a cut above the rest. Stop knocking yourself.

Stupid - I would think you're about some sort of gag, except that you're unrelenting in it. The way you read things is as simplistic and paranoid as I've seen. Some of your reading comprehension issues would be hilarious if I didn't find illiteracy a human tragedy.

Hateful - Your paranoia seems to move you to some rather harsh and specific outbursts. Your peevishness is, well, your own issue. But it's not pretty; in fact, it's downright ugly.

Perhaps if I didn't find the actual basis of your complaints so damnably ridiculous, I would be at least a little bit sympathetic to your intensity. As it is, you might wish to reconsider the post you got so riled about, and try on the notion that the second paragraph of my post counterpoints the first. I mean, come on ... four sentences and one ellipsis for effect over two paragraphs. I ... don't see what's so difficult about it.

Try it that way, see what you come up with. Let me know if you have any questions.

I mean, really. You'd have a better case defending your fellow Sciforums posters against what can be construed as an oblique generalism. But then again, the folks who know how to do research either know where they stand in relation to such a generalism or, more wisely, aren't paying attention in the first place and don't care.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  17. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

18. anu Banned Banned

go on
    elaborate. i will not bite

19. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i have never seen jamesr do anything wrong, i think arditezza needs to take his pills

20. Bells Staff Member

I think there are many more here in dire need of some form of medication.

21. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

bells, i could need one that makes me care about fellow humans.

Arditezza, you are not a moderator, right?
    i think that only a moderator (or higher) should be able to challange a moderator. I think the system should be designed in such a manner that when you have an objection then you take it up with your favourite moderator that then see if it is worth challanging james r moderator title.
    That will make the forum more corrupt as i want it where people scratch eachothers backs.
    Because i think these various accusations are growing in numbers too fast.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

gendanken:

Could you please give me a link to the thread where I apparently edited your post and not the one you were replying to which insulted you? Clearly, I made a mistake, if that is what happened. For that, I apologise. If you had sent me a PM, I would have fixed the mistake. As it was, I was unaware of it.

I hope you, and some other people here, can realise that, as tiassa has said, moderators are only human, like everybody else. We can't be everywhere at once. We don't always notice posts which should be deleted or edited. Sometimes we miss things. Remember, we do this voluntarily. We aren't paid to do the job; we do it in our spare time. It is unreasonable for posters here to expect perfection from the mods.

I am somewhat surprised that you seem to feel personally victimised, especially by me. I am careful to treat everybody on the forum as equally as possible when I am moderating. I do not play favorites. And be assured: I have no personal animosity to you. I don't always like your style or your methods, but your posts can make interesting reading. Unfortunately, though, you tend to be rather keen on insulting other members, and I'm afraid that crosses the line for me.
    ---------

Somebody else asked why Xev can get away with some comments, when other people can't. If Xev or another moderator posts in the forums I moderate, then I will make sure they follow the posting guidelines in those forums. But when they post in the forums they moderate, they play by the rules they have established. It is not my place to discipline other moderators. If that is anybody's job, it is Porfiry's.
    ---------

To all posters: If you think there has been some kind of unfairness in moderation, please tell the moderator - perhaps by PM. You may well have a valid point. Try asking first, before you start throwing accusations around. You might get a better outcome.

23. anu Banned Banned

solid. that bit shows why jamesr is probably the most respected moderator around here.
    if he were to be ousted or leave, it would be our loss.

*if this poll had even the slightest chance of success, i would have not voted yes.

now, on to more pressing matters.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.