Strip James R's Moderator Status

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Arditezza, Jul 22, 2004.

?

Should James R be removed as a moderator?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

fictitious?? please allow me to quote Bells;

Your confession is only a portion of the evidence against you.

Then shut your filthy mouth about me!

I will always defend myself against scum like you, cause I like kicking your ass!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Outlandish:
    Do you always sit there licking your asshole?
    Who the hell are you anyway?
    Some curious bystander with nothing to say?
    And call him 'my gimp' again and you'll bleed for it.

Ariditezza:
    But where would mods like James be without lemmings and clones?
    The giggling idiot would never have made it to the White House if his country were not filled with idiots just like him, excercing a power they know little about much less how to use it wisely : voting.
    I wonder if he knows this place would be dead were we all as nice, and loving, and wonderfully sweet as his kind.

Fetus:
    One second:
    and then seconds later......

See?
    Why humans are laughable.

Since you *ahem* can't see what Paulina has been saying about you, this may help:

” You want to hear the truth: I live a very sad life here at mother's home now, trying to earn money in a fucking nightshift job at walmart, money I'll waste away in a college eduction thats getting me nowhere, I drop out of class, don't know what I'm doing with my life, hate who I am and can't seem to find any joy in anything anymore. I have tried to commite sucide one. I tried anti-depressant to no avail. but now for the weird part: sciforums provides me more comfort then sex! thats right my social life is not shit, I have friends, a girl friend as well, but I put them off so I can be here! Of all the fucked up things in my life this is the only place were I feel Ok. and if I were banished from here because of the pestering of the one guy that treats me like shit so he could satify his own superiority complex, then I’ll dam sure make it so people will call and “harass” him when they wonder why I have him well described in my suicide note. And I’m not fucking joking about this!”

Sincerely,
    Wellcookedfetus and boo hoo

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm reading the quote of paulsamuel that people like you have post, so I am serious that I'm not reading his posts. and if he want to bring up our problems on every thread and take advatage of my ignoring him, he jsut making a ass of him self.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

This is fetus;

"I'm not listening. La la la lal la la la lal la la la la......."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

HA!
    Guilty pleasure: The Princess Bride.
    Reason: None of your damn business.

One pictures Tessie, ever the pedantical, long winded nighmare that he is with his finger in the air (wag, wag, wag) going "INCOTHEIVABLE!"
    (inconceivable with a nerdy lisp)
    Allright- this is getting chatty. Ta.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I loved the Princess Bride. That has to be one of the best movies of all times. 'You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."'

About the topic at hand, on the whole, I seem to find James a decent mod. I've not noticed any outrageous editing or deletions. But, as to the matter that Gendanken mentioned. That one was outrageous. Leaving the line about shoving a giant cock down Gendanken's throat goes unchecked while her reply is edited? Makes no sense to me. Perhaps James might bear in mind to look a bit harder when it comes to these situations. With the cock incident, it was even brought to his attention and he did nothing about it. AFAIK.

So, I say not remove him from mod-ship but perhaps he could be convinced to be a bit more willing to listen to these complaints. And to allow himself to change course once he's begun. I believe that I have noticed a tendency to stick with his guns, right or wrong. Even though most of the times he is right as far as science is concerned.

10. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

As far as I've seen, James R is very reasonable, with a good grasp on biological concepts, and he seems a very logical thinker. I can't imagine that he'd be unfair in his moderating duties. He's one of the best moderators here, and I think it's silly that the question was even raised.

11. Arditezza Banned Banned

See, what you don't understand is contained in this post by myself, and really encapsulates what we are all about;

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=622617#post622617

Until you can see, and admit your own inconsistancies and the fact that you are all merely victims... you will be brought forth as the fools of society. The current society being sciforums and you all being willing participants in the game. Doesn't have to be that way. Do, or do not enforce the rules. Do, or do not follow blindly. Do, or do not stand up for yourself. Stop living in the grey area as the sad victims you are.

P.S. And stop taking yourself so seriously. It's unbearable.

12. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

the society that i want is based on intelligence. James R has countless of times not only answered in my threads but also in others that might have been to my advantage.

The bottom line is that James R has contributed with knowledge in an intelligent manner and since you have done nothing like that i value James R higher than i value you.

Id rather see a thread where James R with his vast array of new rules have your membership on the line for conducting a manhunt on innocent induviduals in this scientific community.

13. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Then you ought not support WellCookedFetus, cause that is exactly what he did to me.

14. anu Banned Banned

hahaha
    this is so fucking great!

15. Arditezza Banned Banned

*tosses anu some TNT*

It's your turn, I'm bored and gendy hath abandoned us.

16. anu Banned Banned

now
    the incessant messaging was kinda suspicious. however what you insinuate here is kinda mindblowing.

*do you have his login/pass?
    *did you post and vote as mephura?

coward.
    *so how is the your gimp these days?
    *why the confession? feeling kinda masochistic are we?

17. anu Banned Banned

tiassa

Think about it: you went out and with two-seconds' effort did what most people around here refuse to do.

much better. took 5.

i rarely feel the need to measure my worth against mere humans. i prefer abstract ideals. it is more of a challenge. even so, i am not into pain so i am content with...how can i put it... yes, a natural evolution of..of..moi! fuck the joneses!

Why you are so eager to cast yourself as lazy in addition to stupid and hateful is beyond me. I'm happy to respect you accordingly.

what fun. that bit is crap. explain yourself, confused one.

*lazy? cos i google not sift? what? syntax?
    *stupid? in general or do you have specifics in mind?
    *hateful? towards?

Get an attitude adjustment, boy.

no!

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

Mayhaps that's all the topic's worth at this point.

Putting on my Green Hat

The thing is that often a moderator's decision to act or not is tied to their immediate state of mind. To wit: I closed a topic last night after dithering a couple times about whether to move it to Free Thoughts and play Pilate (it hadn't earned the Cesspool yet) or call it done for its own benefit. That the topic hadn't been closed much earlier was the specific result of being in a good mood at the time I first saw it. Had I come across the topic a half-hour later that day, quite literally, I would have closed it. In my forum, though, I don't have a lot of sore-thumb one-liners and other such stuff to deal with. Some of the gay fray gets a little rough, but nothing like what James or WCF or Goofy have to put up with.

And take a look at my decision as a poster to respond to Anu's provocation. I have only a vague idea of what brought that provocation, and could easily have opted to simply ignore it and let it pass. But as it turns out, I just wasn't in the mood to be cussed at by a poster with a sense of grudge and a history of paranoid misunderstanding. Ironically, I chose against a form of diplomacy I've been discussing in the Religion forum whereby I could have chosen to respond and to lie in order to be "diplomatic" about the situation. I was not in the mood for this, either. So I put down a straightforward response based on how I honestly feel about the poster and the posts. I won't claim that it shouldn't seem rough to other eyes, nor will I duck the barfight aspect. But in a different mood--for better or worse--I might well have let it slip by.

All because of my mood at the moment. My immediate state of mind.

So it seems to me that our fine moderators would be less than human if there were not occasions whereupon the difference between "edgy" and "useless" is indeed how they're hangin' at the moment. In the case of one-liners, of course, it's difficult to edit out the useless portion without eliminating the post. However, I suppose I can try when the occasion arises. Although I can foresee occasions when the result might be something like a post being reduced to, "I must be stupid to think".

I'm not sure that result would go over well with the original poster. I mean, if people are complaining now ....

We have the authority to edit or delete posts as we see fit. However, we don't always have the will. We don't want to put in the effort it would take to clean this place up because it would require weeks of argument and perhaps dozens of bannings. If people want us to be babysitters, we can certainly spank. But we'd rather just be the guys off on the side with the garden hose drinkin' beer and watching for any embers that hop out of the firepit.

19. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Love this analogy, and thanks for doing it.

20. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Can someone take that scary picture off?

21. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

What, you don't like Miracle Max?

"I've seen worse."

"He's just mostly dead!"

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

"Have fun storming the castle!"

23. Arditezza Banned Banned

See Tiassa, that is one thing I give you credit for. At least you don't cite stupid rules when moderating, and you admit that you are indeed human. I can understand where you are coming from, but I don't understand how other moderators choose to repeatedly cite the rules for certain posters, and completely ignore them for other posters. You simply state that you moderate when you have the will to, and I can accept and respect that.

And, you have a sense of humor.

You seem to be able to tell when people are just making sparks for fun. Even though some of your more long-winded posts are a bit... heavy to trudge through, at least the majority of your posts aren't one liners like others. (and you know who you are)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.