?!Strange Effect?!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by darksidZz, May 16, 2007.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

This is something I've been meaning to post about for some time now, perhaps some members might shed light on the subject.

Ever since I can remember there's been a rather unusual experience I have while watching people work. You see normally I'm very active and alert, but... if someone comes around to work, no matter the tast, if I focuse on it I begin to feel very strange. It first starts with light-headness, then I feel as if my energy is being pulled out toward the person I'm watching. Sounds creepy ehh? Here's an example:

We have a servant come clean our store each day, they windex the main doors and vacum / dust. Well whenever this happens I concentrate on watching them... maybe out of the corner of my eye but still I watch. I then feel like I'm entering into a strange state, my thoughts drift, my mind feels empty.. I then experience what feels like energy leaving my body and moving towards them... I know it's not real but still...

So then I watch, the more I watch the more I feel myself drifting away from the moment. It's as if the act of watching them work somehow draws my strength away right into them.

This is weird ehh?

It works on anyone, anywhere.. but I also feel good when it happens.. so any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. solidsquid Registered Member

Are there other experiences such as hot flashes, any feelings of nausea, narrowing of vision, surreal feelings like "being in a dream"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I get that too! I never heard anyone else describe it. The first time it happened was watching my neighbor do her nails, but it also happens when I see people do their hair, or clean something, but not always. Could it have something to do with autism?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. solidsquid Registered Member

The reason I ask those questions is that I've had somewhat similar experiences in the past, however it was simply a type of epilepsy.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sounds somewhat like a form of agoraphobia.

Baron Max

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I experienced no adverse symptoms, it's more like a wave of pleasure, a bit of tunnel vision, sometimes a tingling feeling going up my spine.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Happens to me sometimes when I have my hair cut. But then again, most of my hairdressers are 18-24 year old babes so I can be excused for going "fuzzy-minded".

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

spidergoat,

Try focusing very intently on this for a little while.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Similar effect?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Uh, no.

I think it may have something to do with our primate ancestry and grooming. I get it to a lesser degree from haircuts, but not every time, and it doesn't have any sexual associations.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not for me. The "spine-tingling" and "scalp-tightening" effect doesn't happen with that.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Normally (until I changed hairdresser) it doesn't for me, but the babes help the feeling...
    You could be right. I'll will get my hair cut more ofte and check.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Although I haven't gotten a haircut for 4 years or so...

For me nail care is especially powerful, and it's usually only women who do that. Cleaning windows is second, doesn't matter who does it, but it seems the style matters. If they take more care with it, and do it in a brisk manner, I have a stronger response. Perhaps we can give it a name (perhaps it already has a name). I wonder if this phenomenon is known to science.

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, like Slayer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It's possible the condition is related to autism, if so I must certainly have Asperger's Syndrome :shrug: My therapist said I had a minor case, maybe... he wasn't sure.

It's weird huh? I concur with your observations Spidergoat creature, you describe it precisely the way I feel it to be, so the question is what purpose does it serve?

I find myself wondering why it has the effect it does, and what the reason is... how many others have this and know nothing of it? I wonder...

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

That's exactly it, a wave of pleasure, like satisfaction... then tunnel vision as if the act being done is all there is... tingling as well :L

I am very fascinated by this, it's just so odd.

20. solidsquid Registered Member

Sounds like an orgasm.

21. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

There is a concept of a "psychic vampire," though you seem to be suggesting something akin to "reverse psychic vampirism."