sticky and locked thread

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Billy T, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

for months, in the Business & economics forum the thread "co-mod wanted" has been both sticky and locked. - that is nonsense.

No locked thread should ever be sticky - that is just a stupid waste of first page space.

Except for threads giving forum rules and other related instructions to potential posters, why is any thread made sticky? - What is the point? If posters want to see and use it if will not sink. If they do not, it should sink.

IMHO, the mod or others with power to make a thread "sticky" (with the above exceptions) should let the forum users decide by use what they want on the first page, not have some mod etc. telling them what they should be interested in viewing by keeping it constantly at the top of the first page. Sometimes a sticky thread has no post for months.

Again: Sticky and locked is stupid.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

billy its an advertisement, nothing more. The reason its locked is i dont want people applying in public. This is because we are NOT going to go down the route of public elections again, symple as that. If people want the job they need to PM me and i will take it up with plazma and the other mods.

Do you want the job?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No. I have self appointed myself as "sherif of obvious nonesense"

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.